Dating after lockdown #4 The bar for men is so low it's in hell

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can I ask advice please? I’ve been messaging someone who I think could be quite interesting and he’s just suggested a date which I’d be keen for. Only thing holding me back is he was in an 11 year relationship (married for 8 of that) that finished just before Christmas. Is it too soon? It feels soon.

Can I ask advice please? I’ve been messaging someone who I think could be quite interesting and he’s just suggested a date which I’d be keen for. Only thing holding me back is he was in an 11 year relationship (married for 8 of that) that finished just before Christmas. Is it too soon? It feels soon.
If your looking for something more serious I’d say it’s too soon

Reactions: 4
Yeah I wouldn’t go there. Especially if they’re are kids involved!

Reactions: 2
Does it depend on how it ended? It could have been that he checked out of the relationship long before it was officially over, but only agreed to finally end things just before Christmas? On the flip side it could be that things ended awfully and he's still deeply hurting from it.

The only way to find out is to go, but only you'd know if you're willing to gamble that. I respect him for telling you though, some guys could just keep schtum about that and just try and chance it to get what they want from women.

Reactions: 6
Go for it..!

I was with my ex for 13 years, dumped him in the January and met someone new June. Mentally the relationship had been over for years before it was officially over.

Finally told the guy I like him, says he likes me too. We've had a lot of sexual tension so exchange some messages, he then tells me he's seeing someone. I give up with men. Poor lass, got half a mind to tell her but I won't.

Bearing in mind this is someone I've known for months and who's strung me along for the past couple.
Never let them string you along, that’s an alarm bell.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I can assure you, you’re not our taste
Urgh he went to my uni. I didn’t think such a respectable institution would let in such deadbeats! 🤣

Go for it..!

I was with my ex for 13 years, dumped him in the January and met someone new June. Mentally the relationship had been over for years before it was officially over.

Never let them string you along, that’s an alarm bell.
@LaurieLaurie - he’s still married and in my experience, if a person doesn’t take time to be alone and discover themselves then they don’t make great partners. Bear in mind, we’ve been in lockdown for most of his post-break. Why did they break up? Where does he live? Are they planning to divorce? I wouldn’t date until I was divorced, as I don’t think it’s right, but each to their own.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Urgh he went to my uni. I didn’t think such a respectable institution would let in such deadbeats! 🤣

@LaurieLaurie - he’s still married and in my experience, if a person doesn’t take time to be alone and discover themselves then they don’t make great partners. Bear in mind, we’ve been in lockdown for most of his post-break. Why did they break up? Where does he live? Are they planning to divorce? I wouldn’t date until I was divorced, as I don’t think it’s right, but each to their own.
Maybe he’s had long enough. I’d rather date someone who had been married and split up for 6 months than someone fresh out of a 1 year relationship as they tend to go more back and forth. Leaving someone after such a long time is usually more of a final decision.

When I met someone six months after my relationship ended I never gave my ex another thought. The new man knocked me off my feet and I couldn’t believe he was real 😅 that was two years ago and he’s picking me up in a few hours for a nice date. I’d take a chance on him.

Yep honestly I feel for this poor lass hope she isn't serious because he's not. 😂

Honestly men are ridiculous you'd think they grow out of this behaviour.
How do you know he isn’t serious? He’s swerved you for months for a reason so he must be somewhat bothered about her or he would have cracked on with you too. Don’t be someone’s work banter.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Guys really have given up on messaging first haven’t they. IMO if you get the match you message but back to back guys have failed to do this. If I wasn’t tht fussed in the first place I just unmatch now.
Just ironic that they’re all the ones complaining that nobody talks

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.