Dating after lockdown #4 The bar for men is so low it's in hell

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have a date with a guy from Hinge tonight. It's very obvious he's interested, he's given no red flags, communicates well and seems nice so why am I not super excited for it? I'm going to go, but I think I'm due on and feeling a bit meh in my mood after a great week off work 😂.

I'll give my head a wobble, get ready and report back later but send me good vibes please!
Sometimes I'm not super excited for dates and I meet them and end up having a good time.

Like, sometimes I chat to someone over WhatsApp and can take it or leave it, but we end up really gelling in person you know?

Good luck on your date tonight.

Reactions: 2
Someone just responded to my photo on Hinge with “you look mucky 😂

I don’t even know how to react but he definitely didn’t get matched 🥴

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 7
Why are these men assuming we’re all hanging around coffee shops, drinking wine and having long weekends hiking..!? They’ve all got the same boring interests 🤮

• Haha
Reactions: 11
How bloody insipid.
The bit before he said "I don't know what I should be saying so I will just ask a few random questions if that's alright"..

I have loads of things on my POF profile which I deliberately mentioned because they're good conversation starters. Some people just lack basic social skills 😅

Why are these men assuming we’re all hanging around coffee shops, drinking wine and having long weekends hiking..!? They’ve all got the same boring interests 🤮
I mean don't quick fire questions form the crux of your conversations with your nearest and dearest? 😅

Imagine spending your time with someone who kept asking whether you were a tea or coffee person and what your favourite snack was. You'd feel like you were interrogated and they'd learn nothing about what you were actually like as a person 🤷

Reactions: 4
I have a date with a guy from Hinge tonight. It's very obvious he's interested, he's given no red flags, communicates well and seems nice so why am I not super excited for it? I'm going to go, but I think I'm due on and feeling a bit meh in my mood after a great week off work 😂.

I'll give my head a wobble, get ready and report back later but send me good vibes please!
1624290905575.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Ugggh I matched with a good looking guy, sent 2 messages to each other, his replies were one liners and on the third he replied with a single '😂' to my funny message... WHY SWIPE RIGHT ON ME IF YOU CAN'T BE ARSED TO TALK 🙈🙈🙈

• Angry
Reactions: 12
See - don’t they look great together! 😂😂😂
To be fair though, good on them 😅. Most men and women wouldn't look twice at someone taller / shorter than them..I've not read the full article but it's good they have looked past the height differences..

Reactions: 1
I matched with a guy on my lunch break today and he’s unmatched me! He friggin swiped me first. 😤 must’ve had second thoughts 😔 🎻 he was vegetarian but not “sanctimonious” about it. Get on veggly, mate.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
Look who came up on my hinge today! Who recognises him haha

p.s not sure if I should have blurred his face out but if this goes against guidelines please do let me know and I will remove

DA10427F-F01F-46F9-9D30-28C5DDDAF1E9.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
Poor Reza is definitely too short for some of you ladies! But it's nice to see a photo of him standing up and not posing in a chair 🤣🤣

Look who came up on my hinge today! Who recognises him haha

p.s not sure if I should have blurred his face out but if this goes against guidelines please do let me know and I will remove

View attachment 627820

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.