Dating after lockdown #4 The bar for men is so low it's in hell

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh Jack, you charmer
Omg is so creepy! Does anyone else find it so odd when guys post memes on their profiles? Don't get me wrong I love a funny meme, but your profile is not the most appropriate place surely 😅

Reactions: 3
Omg is so creepy! Does anyone else find it so odd when guys post memes on their profiles? Don't get me wrong I love a funny meme, but your profile is not the most appropriate place surely 😅
I find it really annoying when they post photos of anything other than themselves. Lazy!

Reactions: 5
Ok so I saw the Older Man on Sunday. Had a nice day after lunch we went and got his dog and then took the puppy for a walk.

All seemed to be going ok, I still have the slight ick but this time it’s clothing related (I could sort that out in one shopping trip tbf).

He said wants to plan so many things including me meeting his Parents and him meeting mine. We text a bit on Sunday after leaving each other and sent photos (nothing xxx just of the day, the view where we went to walk and me and his dog) but then he hasn’t opened my responses to another message late on Sunday evening. In person He did say he had a busy work day Monday but I’m still left on delivered on WhatsApp since Sunday and it’s now Tuesday!! Is this him ghosting me? I don’t plan to message again tbh as I think it’s borderline rude.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Ok so I saw the Older Man on Sunday. Had a nice day after lunch we went and got his dog and then took the puppy for a walk.

All seemed to be going ok, I still have the slight ick but this time it’s clothing related (I could sort that out in one shopping trip tbf).

He said wants to plan so many things including me meeting his Parents and him meeting mine. We text a bit on Sunday after leaving each other and sent photos (nothing xxx just of the day, the view where we went to walk and me and his dog) but then he hasn’t opened my responses to another message late on Sunday evening. In person He did say he had a busy work day Monday but I’m still left on delivered on WhatsApp since Sunday and it’s now Tuesday!! Is this him ghosting me? I don’t plan to message again tbh as I think it’s borderline rude.
Not really relevant to the ghosting but I really don’t like when men claim to make these plans so early on. It’s just fake to me as the person hardly knows me but that’s just me.

Reactions: 11
Not really relevant to the ghosting but I really don’t like when men claim to make these plans so early on. It’s just fake to me as the person hardly knows me but that’s just me.
Yeah this is what abusers do - love bomb! Not say he is, but keep your guard up a bit. As for keeping you on delivered for two days, yep rude. Busy is not an excuse - it’s all about priorities, but then in fairness he did say he would be super busy. I’d say if he doesn’t text today with an apology (it’s still courteous if you have been busy) it’s bye bye. My ex was a copper and he was always manic, but still contacted me all the time.

I find it really annoying when they post photos of anything other than themselves. Lazy!
That’s just sick. How did they get past the ‘no pictures of children on their own’ filter most pertinently! Only Tinder 🤨

Last edited:
Reactions: 6

Yes, it is rude. He could at least have contacted you before going to bed, to send a sweet good night message or to say good morning. It takes a few seconds and surely he will look at his phone at some stage during the day despite being busy.

At least it happens early on.

It is not a reflection on you, it is his behaviour that is not nice. To me it comes across like a lack of empathy - making plans and then essentially "ignoring" you. Any man with a decent amount of empathy would realise that this can be hurtful or at least puzzling.

Yes, it is rude. He could at least have contacted you before going to bed, to send a sweet good night message or to say good morning. It takes a few seconds and surely he will look at his phone at some stage during the day despite being busy.

At least it happens early on.

It is not a reflection on you, it is his behaviour that is not nice. To me it comes across like a lack of empathy - making plans and then essentially "ignoring" you. Any man with a decent amount of empathy would realise that this can be hurtful or at least puzzling.
This is typical of single men (and women I guess) in their forties. Very independent and stuck in their ways. If he spent so long building his career that he didn’t have time to procreate in 20 years, one has to wonder why he’s still having to work so hard now too. Or is that just me eying retirement…But still (as one myself), I would never not respond to a message as I think it’s ill-mannered. My guy (who I’m meeting tomorrow) has texted ‘good morning’ everyday since we matched. Let’s see if that continues after we meet! 🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: 2
I’d echo what some of the others have said about making grandiose plans for the future and meeting parents two dates in. You don’t even know each other at that point. In my experience, it’s a manipulation tactic - planting seeds in your head about what a future would be like with him, then him pulling back completely and leaving you wondering what’s changed. It’s a way of keeping you on the back foot, bread crumbing you with talk of commitment then acting in a way that completely contradicts what he’s said. It’s just confusing and breeds anxiety.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I remember, you said that you dated before and he went distant / cold all of a sudden as he was going through something, and it really hurt you. Do you get cold feet because you are worried it might happen again, or is it because you're not sure if you're truly keen on him?
I’m not sure, I think it’s a mixture of both to be honest. I’m going to keep it quiet for now and think it over.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Whyyyyyy!!!! At least he was straight up about it I suppose 😬

I worked in a prison for a few years and I did see some current (at the time) inmates on dating apps which was interesting… now if someone makes excuses about meeting after exchanging a decent number of messages I get very suspicious!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Whyyyyyy!!!! At least he was straight up about it I suppose 😬

I worked in a prison for a few years and I did see some current (at the time) inmates on dating apps which was interesting… now if someone makes excuses about meeting after exchanging a decent number of messages I get very suspicious!
Ha it wasn't just that, but coupled with the fact he referred to his kid as a brat 🤷.

If they don't want to meet after a while I always wonder if they are who they say they are or if they're in a relationship. I never considered that they could be in prison 😅

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.