Dating after lockdown #4 The bar for men is so low it's in hell

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ew! Ew! Ew! 🤢😂

Just swiping (left) on Tinder on my way to work when I land on a profile that I thought had super-liked me. He was pretty yucky looking, tbh. I looked closer and he'd actually sent me a swipe-note, which is a new one on me. Maybe new feature or for paid members. Anyway, I opened the note!

View attachment 616682
Just choked on my coffee, that's made my morning what a weirdo!!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I’m still having moments where I want to end things with the lad I’m seeing but my feelings are very on/off so I don’t know if I should talk to him about it.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
I’m still having moments where I want to end things with the lad I’m seeing but my feelings are very on/off so I don’t know if I should talk to him about it.
I remember, you said that you dated before and he went distant / cold all of a sudden as he was going through something, and it really hurt you. Do you get cold feet because you are worried it might happen again, or is it because you're not sure if you're truly keen on him?

Reactions: 3
Ew! Ew! Ew! 🤢😂

Just swiping (left) on Tinder on my way to work when I land on a profile that I thought had super-liked me. He was pretty yucky looking, tbh. I looked closer and he'd actually sent me a swipe-note, which is a new one on me. Maybe new feature or for paid members. Anyway, I opened the note!

View attachment 616682
I wonder if anyone actually replies to that type of message?

Oh no! How come?

So many people are shocked about it when I tell them the truth. I think there are more of us than people think, but of course the shame from society mentioned above means as women we hide it.
Yes yes and yes. I didn't lose my virginity until I was 19 and then get into a relationship until I was 21 - so a late bloomer by most people's standards - and it truly effected me so much throughout my teen years. Obviously feeling like something is wrong with you but also dealing with people's reactions! Most find it so strange and for some reason they're not afraid to tell you. Feels like you're revealing a shameful secret when admitting in a conversation that you haven't had sex and/or a boyfriend, and the immediate response is "er what? Why? But why though?" Why the duck do you think you potato with eyes

It's so cliché but with the right guy it will not matter - anyone rejecting you on that basis was just looking for a shag anyway. It makes me so sad to think back on all the guys that made me believe I was the one ruining a potential relationship because I was too 'uptight' or 'frigid' to sleep with them in the early stages or worse, too insecure/negative/suspicious of them. It's crazy to think how much they got in my head when looking back they were clearly fuckboys - anyone that ends things or drops you for not putting out is clearly not interested in you at all

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Yes yes and yes. I didn't lose my virginity until I was 19 and then get into a relationship until I was 21 - so a late bloomer by most people's standards - and it truly effected me so much throughout my teen years. Obviously feeling like something is wrong with you but also dealing with people's reactions! Most find it so strange and for some reason they're not afraid to tell you. Feels like you're revealing a shameful secret when admitting in a conversation that you haven't had sex and/or a boyfriend, and the immediate response is "er what? Why? But why though?" Why the duck do you think you potato with eyes

It's so cliché but with the right guy it will not matter - anyone rejecting you on that basis was just looking for a shag anyway. It makes me so sad to think back on all the guys that made me believe I was the one ruining a potential relationship because I was too 'uptight' or 'frigid' to sleep with them in the early stages or worse, too insecure/negative/suspicious of them. It's crazy to think how much they got in my head when looking back they were clearly fuckboys - anyone that ends things or drops you for not putting out is clearly not interested in you at all
I lost my virginity at 18, when nearly all my friend group at school were pregnant at 15/16. I lied and told them I had done it because to be honest I was disgusted at their behaviour and wasn’t going to get sucked into it. In fact, it really put me off getting involved with guys and the guy I eventually had sex with waited a year and we were together for three, despite being 5 years older and had no reason to wait for me! Be proud of who you are. There is absolutely nothing wrong with waiting until you are ready and don’t let anyone ever convince you otherwise.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I saw this creepy bio this week! Surely there can't be 2 of them?
It seems to be one of those stupid things that a load of people put on their profile. They just copy from each other, it's not original. Same as 'if you don't look like your pics you're buying the drinks til you do' 🙄

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
'Not looking for anything serious, just a wife'
'Save me from an arranged marriage'
'Looking for my future ex-wife'

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I had a terrible experience the other day.

I had sex with someone and when he pulled out he walked over to his laundry hamper to ejaculate into it.

I am retiring from the dating lifestyle now.

• Sick
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 49
I had a terrible experience the other day.

I had sex with someone and when he pulled out he walked over to his laundry hamper to ejaculate into it.

I am retiring from the dating lifestyle now.
Wow!!! That’s grim 🤢

Reactions: 1
Erm. What did you say to that? Poor you!
I didn’t say anything, I was in so much shock!!!

Anyway I won’t be seeing him again, I wouldn’t be able to look at him without wondering if he had ejaculated on the clothes he was wearing or not 🤣

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.