Dating after lockdown #4 The bar for men is so low it's in hell

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There’s definitely a ‘window of opportunity’ here. A really keen guy/girl will text straight after you leave and say something like ‘I had a great day’ or ‘thanks for a great day’. The keen, but doesn’t want to look keen, will text first thing the next day with ‘good morning’ or ‘have a great day’. After that the window starts to close. If they don’t text at all the next day it’s bolted shut. This of course is just my opinion, but you make the time no matter how busy purely to let that person know they’re on your mind and because you to be on their mind. Games at 46 are just pathetic and it does make it even more obvious why he has no kids and has bever been married - he simply has never prioritised that side of his life (it’s not like women, who largely have to sacrifice everything. Men generally only need to be financially secure, which he must be!). @realhousewive - I am constantly matching with guys in their mid 30s who are looking for a wife and mother. They love me until I say I don’t want kids! Have you explored this age group?

Random question - obviously most of us ‘get the ick’ (love that saying!) at guys/girls who share names with nasty exes or people we don’t like, but what do we think of star signs? Are there any that automatically make you think twice?
I am a Gemini and usually get on well with Leo and Sagittarius star signs.

But in general it is more about personality for me. I'm quite outgoing and playful and I like someone who can match that. I don't romantically connect well with quieter types who enjoy staying indoors.

@thunderfook This is the thing with dating apps, it’s giving very mehhh men one hell of an ego boost and it’s making them treat women as though they are disposable because there’s always someone else to move onto.

Reactions: 14
I am a Gemini and usually get on well with Leo and Sagittarius star signs.

But in general it is more about personality for me. I'm quite outgoing and playful and I like someone who can match that. I don't romantically connect well with quieter types who enjoy staying indoors.
Ah see, he was a Gemini and now they are like Satan to me. I am a Pisces though so we are not a good match!

@thunderfook This is the thing with dating apps, it’s giving very mehhh men one hell of an ego boost and it’s making them treat women as though they are disposable because there’s always someone else to move onto.
True, but she did say he’d been a gentleman, so he is the alpha in this situation and should take the lead.

Reactions: 2
There could be another theory (sorry ladies I’m off work today, having my highlights done, so too much free time 🤣). Tell me what you think of this…?

when I met my ex (the guy that contributed to my mental breakdown, not the lovely ex-husband), he used to tell me I was ‘out of this world hot’ (his words, I do not think this of myself). You would think he would believe me to be a catch and slightly out of his league right? Well not only did he not want to be with me, but one of his parting snipes was ‘I never doubted I could do better than you’! Now this was not a compatibility or chemistry issue - it was an age thing! Which, leads me to think (now I’m sane again) that when a guy/girl pulls someone they think is out of their league (which @realhousewivewannabe clearly is for that old man), does something switch in their brain and make them think ‘well if I pulled her, imagine what else I could get’?
I've seen so many people say 'don't date ugly men because it gives them ideas above their station', apparently they treat you just as badly as the hot ones, so I'd rather be hurt by someone attractive than someone not :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Ah see, he was a Gemini and now they are like Satan to me. I am a Pisces though so we are not a good match!

True, but she did say he’d been a gentleman, so he is the alpha in this situation and should take the lead.
We're not a good match at all. I dated a pisces guy and he was a lot more reserved than me and much moodier 😅. He'd also get much more upset over things than I would and enjoyed being at home away from crowds whereas I always wanted to be out and about at the weekends.

I've seen so many people say 'don't date ugly men because it gives them ideas above their station', apparently they treat you just as badly as the hot ones, so I'd rather be hurt by someone attractive than someone not :LOL:
I can confirm they do treat you badly and have breakdowns over you seeing other people when you aren’t 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 5
There could be another theory (sorry ladies I’m off work today, having my highlights done, so too much free time 🤣). Tell me what you think of this…?

when I met my ex (the guy that contributed to my mental breakdown, not the lovely ex-husband), he used to tell me I was ‘out of this world hot’ (his words, I do not think this of myself). You would think he would believe me to be a catch and slightly out of his league right? Well not only did he not want to be with me, but one of his parting snipes was ‘I never doubted I could do better than you’! Now this was not a compatibility or chemistry issue - it was an age thing! Which, leads me to think (now I’m sane again) that when a guy/girl pulls someone they think is out of their league (which @realhousewivewannabe clearly is for that old man), does something switch in their brain and make them think ‘well if I pulled her, imagine what else I could get’?
My friend has postulated this theory to me before. It's why she says I need to raise my standards 😂 (I tend to go for men who aren't conventionally attractive, and end up heartbroken by them)

• Wow
Reactions: 4
In fairness, this guy was very good looking. He was 3 stone overweight when I met him (so a bit of a catfish), but was well-groomed, facially beautiful and smelt absolutely edible! He was very bad in bed though so I suspect whilst he can attract them, he can’t satisfy or keep them! 🤣

We're not a good match at all. I dated a pisces guy and he was a lot more reserved than me and much moodier 😅. He'd also get much more upset over things than I would and enjoyed being at home away from crowds whereas I always wanted to be out and about at the weekends.
I think you can tell that this Pisces is neither reserved or moody! He hated being dominated by me though, despite me being older! 🤣

Reactions: 1
Who was it that said that even “verified” profiles can be fakes ones with someone else’s photos? It’s making me second guess if that is actually them in the photos now.

None of us do, Mark. None of us do.

IMG_20210614_184251.jpg

He has two photos. Both in a balaclava. Ideal if you have a bank robber fetish.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
IMG_1073.jpg

Someone needs to tell Dom here that women are actual humans and not just made to sexually please men 🥴

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Who was it that said that even “verified” profiles can be fakes ones with someone else’s photos? It’s making me second guess if that is actually them in the photos now.
Me - you can cerify your profile and then change your pictures to someone else.

View attachment 619018

Someone needs to tell Dom here that women are actual humans and not just made to sexually please men 🥴
Someone needs to tell Dom he’s a massive cock, who probably has a wiener!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Anyone else hate the gym w****rs who’s pictures are all selfies and they’re all ‘mind and body’ experts and ‘mental health advocates’. They then have a long list of demands and guess what they’re looking for…! I mean who cares what you are, do, have, think or feel if you just want to get laid! 🤷🏼‍♀️

Why would they though? It’s pointless and strikes me as someone overthinking.
Because they want you to think they’re someone else. It’s called cat fishing…! No overthinking on my part!

Reactions: 6
Only on message two with a bloke and he aks, "Tell me, what is the thing you are proudest of most?"

Oh, I don't fecking know! I literally never have an answer for these types of stock questions.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.