Dating after lockdown #21 More red flags than Pamplona, we don’t wanna know about your boner.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Morning all!!!!!! So my date went well, we’d met years ago so it wasn’t anything but like just meeting a friend. Anyway, he kept complimenting me and told me I need to take compliments 😂 I just get all embarrassed! He was lovely and just how I remembered him. We’d had a few gins and the night flowed, we was stood in his kitchen and he made a move on me. Told me I was a good kisser (obvs?😂) and then well as we was waiting for Netflix to load sparks flew, hahaha. I don’t regret it though cos I was pretty sober🤷🏼‍♀️ I don’t think it’ll go anywhere apart from FWB? We think the other is attractive but I don’t think I can see him in anything other than that capacity. He’s aesthetically pleasing but there’s just something missing. ANYWAY! I’m living my best life 😂 making up for the last year being awful.. please don’t judge me for being a bleep x

Reactions: 2
Would you be offended if someone said this to you..? “You’ll be a filthy old woman soon.”

I was out yesterday and the girls set up one of those dirty quizzes for one of them that’s getting married. I sent him a pic of it and that was his reply. I didn’t take it well and it looks like we’ve fell out over it.. Not getting on at all.

I’m early 30s if it makes any difference.
Personally no, especially if said in reply to the photo you sent. xx

Reactions: 1
So I woke up from a text message from my ex...the guy who was cheating on me when I was pregnant.
He single now and apparently has missed me and regrets everything he said and done ( saying he push me down the stairs so I'll lose the baby)
He asked me to meet him tonight!
Why planet do these men come from 🤣

I ignored his message and he phone me on a private number. It was so nice being in this position where I'm not heart broken over the situation and in a vulnerable place where I could finally say everything I wished I said back in January.
Just another reminder why I cba to date

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 9
So I woke up from a text message from my ex...the guy who was cheating on me when I was pregnant.
He single now and apparently has missed me and regrets everything he said and done ( saying he push me down the stairs so I'll lose the baby)
He asked me to meet him tonight!
Why planet do these men come from 🤣

I ignored his message and he phone me on a private number. It was so nice being in this position where I'm not heart broken over the situation and in a vulnerable place where I could finally say everything I wished I said back in January.
Just another reminder why I cba to date
Block him! Stay strong lovely 🥰

Reactions: 4
I went down the rabbit hole of online stalking the ex last night (as in the guy I thought I would marry, hence him being ‘the’ ex instead of ‘an’ ex). Still with the woman he left me for, I dunno how they can literally roll out of one woman’s bed and into another….and have it work out! Despairing I downloaded tinder again and my my, what’s left in the 37-43 bracket round where I live really would send you over the edge 🤢

Living for your good news stories and successes girls!

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Morning all!
Hope you lovely lot are doing well!

I have to share something with you because honestly I am bursting with pride for myself right now...

So, as per my last post me and the guy who messed me up earlier this year spoke and patched things up. Then he invites me out today to walk the dog. My instant reaction a couple of days ago when he asked was a resounding yes.

But then I'm lying there this morning remembering how horrific my life was earlier this year because of him. The anxiety, the depression, the self loathing. And I'm thinking I don't want that in my life anymore, I've come such a long way and realise now that my peace and happiness is far too precious... so I cancelled on him! I never thought I would do that and up until we started talking again I had been missing him. I see this as a lesson to show me that I don't need him back in my life and more importantly I've made such progress to know I deserve better

I'm on cloud 9 my lovelies! I'm spending the day relaxing in the garden with my new self help book x
Love this for you! You should feel super proud. This is GROWTH! xx

Reactions: 3
I went down the rabbit hole of online stalking the ex last night (as in the guy I thought I would marry, hence him being ‘the’ ex instead of ‘an’ ex). Still with the woman he left me for, I dunno how they can literally roll out of one woman’s bed and into another….and have it work out! Despairing I downloaded tinder again and my my, what’s left in the 37-43 bracket round where I live really would send you over the edge 🤢

Living for your good news stories and successes girls!
Oh i know this scenario all too well! Men have seriously unhealthy coping mechanisms. I think the best way to move on is to take some time to yourself to process what happened and learn from it. We are emotionally mature as women so we tend to go down this route. Definitely give the apps a miss for now, they are so depressing when you're in this head space. Sending love, you'll get there ❤ x

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Hi Gang,

I’m back from holiday and have a date with tennis boy today. He was very attentive when I was on holiday and things got pretty steamy 🤭

Lets hope he lives up to expectations! I’ve loved hearing all your updates, this is the best , most supportive thread on the internet. Love you guys xx💐💕

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Hi Gang,

I’m back from holiday and have a date with tennis boy today. He was very attentive when I was on holiday and things got pretty steamy 🤭

Lets hope he lives up to expectations! I’ve loved hearing all your updates, this is the best , most supportive thread on the internet. Love you guys xx💐💕
How bloody exciting!!

Oh i know this scenario all too well! Men have seriously unhealthy coping mechanisms. I think the best way to move on is to take some time to yourself to process what happened and learn from it. We are emotionally mature as women so we tend to go down this route. Definitely give the apps a miss for now, they are so depressing when you're in this head space. Sending love, you'll get there ❤ x
That’s what almost makes it worse though - that he hopped from one bed to the other and made a go of it with her! I’m nearly sure the manual says it’s supposed to be a crappy relationship that crashes and burns….🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: 3
That’s what almost makes it worse though - that he hopped from one bed to the other and made a go of it with her! I’m nearly sure the manual says it’s supposed to be a crappy relationship that crashes and burns….🤣🤣🤣
Haha this is how I feel about my ex’s relationship… he got with her about 2 weeks after me I’m fairly certain there was crossover and it’s still going strong a year later and I’m like WHY

Reactions: 2
I feel your pain girls. That guy I was seeing (alright was short) but he’s still with this new girl & im still a bit like “what did she have that I didn’t” it’s rubbish ☹

• Sad
I did meet a cute electrician who came to do some electrical work on my new flat and it was so refreshing to meet an actual human male in real life as opposed to zipping left and right on photos and bullshit headlines. I’m about to move in and we were chatting for ages - he managed to slip in ‘are you moving by yourself or with a partner…’ and I said ‘oh just me, I’m single!’ 🤣🤣🤣 Heard nothing since but he was cute as a button and it reminded me what it used to be like before the apps 🤓 And he barely charged me petrol money!

Hi all👋🏼 I’ve been chatting to two guys from bumble, one for about a week, one for a few days. The first one lives in London. He seems ok, ferromagnetic NZ originally, good looking, no real spark though and he keeps asking me to video chat and seems a bit needy! The other one lives about an hour away, much more my type looks wise, seems quite chatty, asked if I would fancy meeting at some point for a gig. We’ll see x

Reactions: 8
Haha this is how I feel about my ex’s relationship… he got with her about 2 weeks after me I’m fairly certain there was crossover and it’s still going strong a year later and I’m like WHY
Do you guys remember that whole Khloe Kardashian situation with the father of her child? Apparently she was seeing him whilst he was in a committed relationship with the mother of his first child. At the time, I remember seeing loads of people say "How you get them is how you lose them" and that is usually true!

I can't even imagine why women get together with men who used them as 'the other woman' whilst they were in committed relationship. And I most certainly don't understand why those women choose to pursue a relationship with them. Cheaters usually end up cheating again, only very few people actually change. 🤷‍♀️

• Sad
Reactions: 10
I think cheaters spin a believable tale that the new partner laps up, and maybe there’s an element of ego thinking ‘oh wow, they’re in a relationship they’re willing to give up for ME’ 🙄 In my own case she’s welcome to him in a lot of ways - I saw one of those insta inspirational quotes at the time that was something along the lines of ‘how you left her said everything’ and it really did. You think spending time with someone buys you a little respect and dignity but apparently not.

• Sad
I think it’s easy to fall for the script from the affair partner because everyone knows someone (sometimes who knows someone) where the affair couple were absolutely meant to be. It doesn’t make any of it ok, but it does make it possible to think you’re going to be the exception because those stories make it sound all star crossed lovers.

And I think some people like ‘winning’ so when someone in an existing relationship appears to pick them, it satisfies some need for the inner child for feeling wanted more than someone else.

I just don’t know how people find the time and energy to have secret relationships going on before you even get to the immorality of it. I like my life to be simple.

• Heart
Do you guys remember that whole Khloe Kardashian situation with the father of her child? Apparently she was seeing him whilst he was in a committed relationship with the mother of his first child. At the time, I remember seeing loads of people say "How you get them is how you lose them" and that is usually true!

I can't even imagine why women get together with men who used them as 'the other woman' whilst they were in committed relationship. And I most certainly don't understand why those women choose to pursue a relationship with them. Cheaters usually end up cheating again, only very few people actually change. 🤷‍♀️
As always in life and especially relationships nothing is ever that simple.. sometimes it's best not to judge.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.