Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #37

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone else dread when they re open the shops again in July? They will still have to apply the social distancing rules as the supermarkets do and I just think its going to be absolutely horrendous. Can you imagine the queues to get into places like Primark 😔😑
Homesense is open here and as much as I would love to go, I hate the idea of queuing to get in.

Reactions: 3
WHAT THE AF?

She's getting so much love on twitter! So many people tweeting her well done and agreeing with her points.
She sounded so articulate. I wish I could put the mess of things in my head into words like she did!

Reactions: 4
The queue's at our shops here are ridiculous online will be the way forward ,the floor space will not accommodate people.It'll be like Black Friday everyday 😬
Yep this is what I fear. It will be rammed everywhere from June 15th if thats the definite date of re opening

I can’t believe I’m about to admit it but....

....I miss taking my kids to soft play.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Feeling ridiculously over sensitive and emotional this evening...

Found out today that numbers of children returning to nursery next week at my setting are so low, I am still furloughed for the foreseeable. As much as I didn't really want to go back yet as I'm not convinced it's safe, I need some routine and normality back as I am starting to go a bit stir-crazy. I'm also worried that unless we return to pre-pandemic numbers, redundancies will occur.

Boris' speech earlier pissed me off. Kinda my own fault, as my daughter was watching it with us. It's her birthday in a week, and she now thinks his speech gives her the go-ahead to go to the inlaws for a BBQ to celebrate, as we'll be out in their garden and there'll only be 5 of us. Baring in mind we were originally supposed to be on holiday that week, I haven't yet had the heart to say that it might not happen. Now in a quandary about that.

And also heard that my husband's aunty has been rushed into hospital following a seizure. She's got cancer and has been having chemo throughout this whole pandemic. Ridiculously worried as we're close to both her and his uncle, and their hospital is in a covid hotspot.

Fucks sake. I'd pour a large wine, but I think that'll tip me over the edge. One of those bloody evenings.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Same I just dont think I could face it. I think ill be doing alot more online shopping this summer than going to the shops
I said to my fiancé, since the stores are open now here, I may do my Christmas shopping now 😂. Don't want to wait til winter in case there is a second wave and everything closes again.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Does anyone else dread when they re open the shops again in July? They will still have to apply the social distancing rules as the supermarkets do and I just think its going to be absolutely horrendous. Can you imagine the queues to get into places like Primark 😔😑
I don't think I'll be bothering with any shops this year. I mainly shop online anyway with town being my very last minute option if I need a dress for a spontaneous night out but thats not happening anytime soon!
I reckon Primark have learnt a very hard lesson this year and will be bringing a website out soon. I know they think it wouldn't suit their business model being fast fashion but so many other fast fashion websites seem to thrive (boohoo, PLT etc). Maybe we'll have a website next year and hopefully this will create even more jobs for UK.

Reactions: 16
Does anyone else feel like the gov are lying / pretending we’re better when we’re still much worse than before lockdown, worst country in the world for deaths yet it seems like we’re all going back to normal within the next few weeks.

The thought of the high streets being full again fills me with such anxiety living in a city.

Reactions: 16
I said to my fiancé, since the stores are open now here, I may do my Christmas shopping now 😂. Don't want to wait til winter in case there is a second wave and everything closes again.
I can't think of what to buy my boys or I would start ,vouchers for family members .But the boys are a pain to buy for🤔

Yvette is a Labour MP and she absolutely ripped him to shreds. A major silver lining of this is watching women really show what they're made of in the face of incompetent men :ROFLMAO:
I alway feel really tacky putting men up against women in cases like this,
but in the last week the females have had bigger balls than any of the men involved.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I can’t believe I’m about to admit it but....

....I miss taking my kids to soft play.
Jeez it was bad enough for picking germs pre covid ,they'd need full Hazmat suits and a decontamination chamber when exiting 😂

• Haha
Still can’t find any information on how the test and trace works for healthcare providers and carers? Some of my patients potentially have 8-10 different carers/therapists seeing them every day, this is going to have a devastating effect on our service if we have massive sections of our team self isolating at once :confused:
Health workers were probs be exempt from this

I don't think I'll be bothering with any shops this year. I mainly shop online anyway with town being my very last minute option if I need a dress for a spontaneous night out but thats not happening anytime soon!
I reckon Primark have learnt a very hard lesson this year and will be bringing a website out soon. I know they think it wouldn't suit their business model being fast fashion but so many other fast fashion websites seem to thrive (boohoo, PLT etc). Maybe we'll have a website next year and hopefully this will create even more jobs for UK.
Plenty of courier jobs anyway..

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.