Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Squarehole

VIP Member
On Twitter the hashtag #BorisHasFailedUK is currently trending. Here are some standout tweets to me.

It's like people just don't understand what this has all been about. Like what do they think we just stayed lockdown for 10 weeks for.

If the worst should happen to someone you love it will always be shit but even worse I just couldn't forgive myself if I was pissing about sitting on a packed beach and then caught and passed on the virus and something happened.

I'm honestly so exasperated at the utter stupidity of people.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 13

grumpy-nosy-cow

VIP Member
not sure if this has been covered in here but yesterday briefing a lady asked a question along the lines of :
"where are the new infection cases catching the virus from when we have been been in lockdown for 10 weeks?"
i thought it was actually quite a good point but it got evaded and not answered properly!

• Heart

Boredofthegram

VIP Member
I hate admitting this because I have received backlash personally. I am sending mine in. I believe it’s for the best for them. I have spoken to the school, I’m happy with the measures taking place and I’m happy to get a bit of a routine/new surroundings etc into my children’s lives. I can see how much it has affected them (although appreciate other children deal with things differently)

I know there are many that do not agree but this is a decision I am making for my family and I believe it’s for the best for us.
There should be no judgement. You know your children best and trust your judgement in what is best for them in this situation. I’d probably send my boy back in if he didn’t have asthma as I know he misses his friends and is an only child so the social aspect is hard for him. I’m hoping that in a few weeks school has coped will with the changes and the infection rate doesn’t rise then I’ll be with you sending him in.

Things like this always divide people but there shouldn’t be backlash for it. Your decision is based on love for your children ❤

• Heart

birdiefly246

VIP Member
So many people gathering for these protests this weekend. I understand l their reasons for protesting but the virus hasn’t gone away so I am surprised by these people’s stupidity. 🤦🏻‍♀️
They might as well protest. If the virus doesn't kill them their skin colour will.

• Heart
Reactions: 12

Kermy5

"A nod or a shake of the head if you can't answer" HAAAAA BRAVO THAT JOURNALIST

• Haha
  • Heart

Ding

VIP Member
I just feel like we're moving way too fast! If people followed the rules then maybe it would be ok but its obvious people aren't. Theres gonna be bbqs, sharing food, sauces etc drinks and then the social distancing will go out of the window.

Imo I think Boris shouldnt have mentioned bbqs and specifically said, dont share food/drinks and to not go into the house.

He said to wash your hands before eating so that means you have to go back into the persons house 🤷🏻‍♀️ its just STUPID!

I know its not suppose to be til Monday, but I went to my mams yesterday and sat in the garden with her. She had got a chair out that no one else had used (picked it up with an anti bac wipe 😂) and put it in the corner for me. I went through the side gate (shoved open with my foot) and took my own bottle of pop n some crisps 😂 Spent a couple of hours there and it was SO nice. Didnt really miss the hugging as we're not really a huggy family. My stepdad and brother came out for a while and it was just so nice.

Taking a sandwich and drink and sitting in my dads garden next week too! Im lucky they both only live 10 mins away 🙂

EmilyChambers

VIP Member
I've done 7 weeks of not working
Straight back into it tomorrow, 50 hours a week.

Im knackered thinking about it!

• Wow

monga

VIP Member
I think there's an awful lot of covering up going on. I don't know how Boris can stand there and claim that the PPE step has been sufficiently met
There's something going on. I feel it's very rushed they've even said the threat is still very high but they're pushing on with all these measures .Where are all these businesses going to source PPE to keep their employees safe ,if care homes and hospitals are still facing a shortage..

Sausageparty

Chatty Member
Does anyone else dread when they re open the shops again in July? They will still have to apply the social distancing rules as the supermarkets do and I just think its going to be absolutely horrendous. Can you imagine the queues to get into places like Primark 😔😑

LittleMy

VIP Member
I've made the decision to go sit my mum and dad next weekend socially distanced in their garden. I'm doing this as I feel there's going to be another spike and before all us get locked back down. It'll be 11 weeks on Saturday since I saw either of them and I need it to be honest. Not sure if it's allowed for those shielding but using my own judgement. Need to see them before having it taken away for months again
Do what you need to do and don’t feel bad about it. ❤

• Heart

Pixipoppy

VIP Member
Everything will be on a smaller scale I'd imagine ,they keep telling us about this new normal but they haven't shown us what it's gonna look like ?
I don’t think I can cope with a “new normal”. I know a lot of people will adjust to if just fine, but if it turns out to be the case I’m checking out. I don’t have kids or anything to keep me going, and I can’t live a life of longing for something I can’t have.

• Sad
  • Heart

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
I agree it is important but it's crazy to see those images and I have a bad feeling this is going to end really badly in terms of Covid 😬

Like you say I keep thinking about when I studied history and how things are remembered and certain events marked as catalysts or turning points etc and trying to guess what will be the information that sticks around !
the book will be called

“2020 - where the fuck do we start” 🙄

I feel the virus might be dying out regardless of social distancing for now (because of the season) but between heatwaves, beaches, protests and schools,
We will know soon enough 🤷‍♀️

Gembo

VIP Member
I hate admitting this because I have received backlash personally. I am sending mine in. I believe it’s for the best for them. I have spoken to the school, I’m happy with the measures taking place and I’m happy to get a bit of a routine/new surroundings etc into my children’s lives. I can see how much it has affected them (although appreciate other children deal with things differently)

I know there are many that do not agree but this is a decision I am making for my family and I believe it’s for the best for us.
I feel sad that you’ve received backlash over this. I don’t have children but as I see it there’s no wrong or right here because we are all still learning and the government are saying it’s safe but aren’t enforcing it. I really wish people would be respectful of other people’s decisions. A blatant breach of lockdown rules clearly has a right or wrong aspect to it but the return to schools is very much taking steps in the dark and trying to do your best.

prinnygrace

VIP Member
I understand that sex was technically breaking rules of social distancing but making it illegal?! Making you a criminal for having sex?!

I’m officially completely done with our government.

SarahGard83

VIP Member
Yes but are they being truthful with the R ? if you noticed the NI journalist questioned them on it as our cases are very low here but the R has risen from 0.7 to just under 1 in a week very strange ..but yet the UK cases are really high in comparison but the R has remained stable..the numbers don't add up
I think there's an awful lot of covering up going on. I don't know how Boris can stand there and claim that the PPE step has been sufficiently met

Reactions: 11

Squarehole

VIP Member
Last night the kid next door (who is a bit of a pain in the butt and never shuts up) had a new haircut with the lines down the side. I commented and said wow did mum do that to which he replied no our hairdresser did it she came to my house. Before I could say anything my oldest son said How ? That's not allowed (smart boy 😏) and he replied "Its fine hairdressers are sneaking into house and doing it. I need to get my haircut or it goes down over my eyes" 🙈

My son just stared at him really confused and a that point we went back inside. I was so annoyed especially as him and his sister have been awful and keep coming right up to us and in our front garden or pressing against the window etc and their mum doesn't say a word. She is also always going on about how she is a key worker (she works for the NHS but not in a frontline service)

• Sad
  • Angry

Allthevest20

VIP Member
We can't live this way forever. I HATE the term "new normal" it's used in bereavement alot meaning a new permanent way of life which was rough enough when I lost my Mum at 28 (me 28 not her).
Viruses rarely have a cure - anytime you've ever been to the GP and end up having a virus you're shipped off and told to rest. I don't touch people anyway (not a hugger) but the thought of this life forever makes me think absolutely no thank you

I'm not anxious about the virus. Obviously I don't want to pass it on but I do feel herd immunity will probably occur before a vaccine is even considered and if it's anything like the flu vaccine, that changes annually and is a guess because the strain changes. I am anxious of this being life now however. I don't see much point in it (Not depressed or going to act silly so no worries lol) but I don't see much point in a life locked up. Also with Spanish flu that was way deadlier than this beast.

My head struggles to understand how a virus with a less than 1% death rate has caused all this?! Plus the UK death rate looks higher but look at our population vs rates and then % it.... we come down much lower on the grid then but that doesn't shit people up enough to report.

Just fed up with this stupid "invisible mugger" lol

Last edited:

Tippingpoint23

VIP Member
I dont think we will see a second peak and a reintroduction of lockdown, I think for now we've been through the worst and will make it through the summer with deaths still happening but not on a huge scale, and then who knows come next winter. I think numbers will slightly rise as seen in Germany and Spain as restrictions ease and then balance out again. I dont think this virus is going anywhere and I think its a case of the NHS can cope so start opening life back up.