Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #37

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
[
This. I will probs get hate for saying so but I think a lot of people are taking this virus for all they can and taking the absolute piss.

People keep saying 'but most people want to work'... sorry but i don't beleive that when they can be off with their families getting full pay and not having to get up to do the school run every day. I've worked through this (from home admittedly, though i have found it incredibly difficult) so maybe I am just bitter but I do feel like if people can use being scared as a reason to stay furloughed with no consequences to their income (even dropping to 80% isn't an issue for a lot of people if you can't go do anything!)

Sorry for the rant and I know there are people out the who desperately want to go back or where 80% just covers their expenses and this is absolutely not directed at them but the people who won't go back to work or send their kids to school but will go to a packed beach just boils my blood.
🙌🙌🙌🙌

Reactions: 4
Alot of POC have spoken out about this.
Its not a Us Vs Them debate and its definitely not just "one man's" actions resulting in "one man's" death. Its thousands of black men and women dying at the hands of police brutality everyday. I urge you all to go watch footage on twitter from the protestors live and see for yourself. Many black people were protesting peacefully until police arrived on scenes in many states. There are police cars literally driving in to people protesting. There are police officers attacking black men with their arms in the air surrendering - and still yanking their masks off to pepper spray them. Tear gas is being used for no reason at all. Was tear gassed used when gun activists and the freedom brigade didn't want to wear masks and abide by quarantine measures? no? But these people were screaming in cops faces, literally armed with guns themselves. These people in the protests, today, are not armed with anything but medicine supplies and signs.

On the form of protests and pandemics, it won't mix. I dread to think what will happen when these protests come to London because they will. I don't see good things but also, people are FED up. There is a police brutality case/video every month without fail for YEARS. Sandra Bland was the one who really haunted me and made me make myself aware.
Peaceful protests have not been working for these people, so now they are wanting to get your attention. And if thats by looting, then so what? These companies have insurance, they're worth millions.
Big companies like Target, Ben and Jerry's, Complex Magazine, etc have all come out with statements saying "we support you and your actions". Target literally said we can rebuild our store. CNN news reporters got pelted with rubber bullets live on TV because the police didn't want them covering what they were doing to protestors, even though the woman was wearing a high-vis jacket, had her ID out and clearly said who she was and was already surrounded by police as it was. CNN were repainting their sign outside their offices today.

I don't agree with the looting but neither do the thousands of black people at the protests. I am not black but if I'm this outraged by these crimes being committed, I cant even imagine how they feel. Are only black people doing the looting? No. Are police undercover and inciting violence? Definitely. This is over 400 years of systemic racism at work. People are sick and tired of it. So, so, so many big celebrities are donating to post bail for these people being arrested. So many lawyers are offering their services pro-bono. So many local businesses are saying "Burn our buildings down if thats what gets the message across. We got insurance".

Bit of a rant.
I remember watching footage of a young black girl being dragged and restrained on the ground by a police man ,she was only a child that's why I wondered if any of the big names in the US are speaking out against this brutality ..

Reactions: 1
Despite the loosening of restrictions I still think many will choose to stay in. I’m going to watch and wait. I can work from home and I’ve opted to keep my reception age son home from school for a couple more weeks at least until I see if there is any impact to schools returning. His school have got 80% of R, yr1 and yr 6 returning apparently so that’s a lot of children (3 classes per year group). I may go and sit At a distance in my mums large garden but not sure about seeing my bf yet as it’ll be too hard not to hug him and it will be painful for us after three months.

Reactions: 8
not sure if this has been covered in here but yesterday briefing a lady asked a question along the lines of :
"where are the new infection cases catching the virus from when we have been been in lockdown for 10 weeks?"
i thought it was actually quite a good point but it got evaded and not answered properly!
Supermarket, walking and getting to close to someone or touching something that's infected. Hospitals, Drs, chemist. Plus keyworkers who are working and can also pass onto their families.

My mind can only think " What the duck?" now after reading some vulnerable people can go out as from tomorrow. That's bleeping insane in my opinion! And for Raab to say they're taking advice from scientists is shocking and utter bullshit!! Everything I ever thought about Boris is actually true! We are the America of Europe when it comes to cases and it's all down to that bunch of vile, evil, brainless clowns! They need to go, and they need to go asap! The photos I'm seeing of beauty spots are making me feel sick and anxious, the selfishness of people and no thoughts given is shocking! Things being lifted are going far far too fast!!
Yup, apparently we're at level 1 overnight. I realise this is from the daily fail but still, what the actual duck is going on?!

Attachments

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
My mums just send me pics off fb of some family members having a "socially distant" bbq 🙄 probably about 9 of them chairs all lined up next to each other, selfies together, deffo not 2 metres apart 🤦🏻‍♀️

The thing is, id usually class these people as sensible! What the f**k was the point in us all staying in for the past 2 months.

Am fuming! 😠

• Sad
  • Angry
This gorgeous sunny weekend will be a marker , let’s see what the result will be in a fortnight.

Reactions: 6
Yup, apparently we're at level 1 overnight. I realise this is from the daily fail but still, what the actual duck is going on?!
As this graphic shows, the R isn’t that much below 1, so how did we get all the way eased?! It doesn’t make sense, unless they are just trying to save the economy and get the furlough cost down.

Lots of people anticipated a massive spike after VE Day but there wasn’t. Let’s hope there isn’t a massive spike after this weekend 🙏🏻

Reactions: 15
As this graphic shows, the R isn’t that much below 1, so how did we get all the way eased?! It doesn’t make sense, unless they are just trying to save the economy and get the furlough cost down.
The purse must be completely empty now :rolleyes:

Reactions: 2
My mums just send me pics off fb of some family members having a "socially distant" bbq 🙄 probably about 9 of them chairs all lined up next to each other, selfies together, deffo not 2 metres apart 🤦🏻‍♀️

The thing is, id usually class these people as sensible! What the f**k was the point in us all staying in for the past 2 months.

Am fuming! 😠
This was my family last night 🤦‍♀️

• Sad
Lots of people anticipated a massive spike after VE Day but there wasn’t. Let’s hope there isn’t a massive spike after this weekend 🙏🏻
I think there will be spike after this weekend & it will automatically be blamed on the schools
opening tomorrow. Not the fact there are thousands packing onto beaches & others having garden parties.

Reactions: 5
I've done 7 weeks of not working
Straight back into it tomorrow, 50 hours a week.

Im knackered thinking about it!

• Wow
Reactions: 12
I’ve said from the get go it’s all about using your common sense.

I’ve seen my grandparents (on their lawn) been to the garden centre (stayed well away from anyone) and then I’ve been home. It is ok to go and see people, just keep your distance. I feel like people need to learn to gradually adjust to this way if living.

I’ve worked the whole time, I’ve avoided being anywhere because my mum was shielding, but I do agree things need to gradually start up again - but a lot of it is relying on us all using our common sense.

I don’t watch the briefings much, and I’ve stopping caring what other families are doing. Across the road have had people In constantly for the last 3 months, What use is my annoyance? I do as much as I can to keep my family safe whilst keeping us happy if that makes sense.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.