Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #37

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We had our first socially distant visitors today (scotland) I was worried how my toddler would cope but it was great. We set up our old playpen to block off part of the garden near our side gate and set a table and chairs up that I then sprayed with detol 😂 Also this bit has the outside tap so we put some handsoap out beside it.

My mum and dad came and brought their own drinks and snacks and sat for a few hours in their VIP area 😂 watching the kids play in their paddling pool and running about. They also kept bringing things from the house to show them. At one point the middle one tried to bring out a shoe rack to show them 😂 Toddler accepted he couldn't cross the fence and was happy chatting and playing. The kids were so excited when they arrived 😊

I think strictly speaking you shouldn't be giving anyone food and definitely not setting out drinks that more than one person can touch ? In Scotland we have been told to bring our own food and drinks of visiting people. If you are going to I would go for something in wrappers or boxes ? And leave hand gel for them ??
Aww that's so cute, bless them ❤ Bet you've had a lovley day.

I thought iced buckets with pop and change them when new people come. They will need changing anyway due to the ice melting. Probally get smaller packs of cupcakes so each house hold could have their own instead of a dipping into one. Not like a massive drinks and cupcake buffet x

Reactions: 1
Aww that's so cute, bless them ❤ Bet you've had a lovley day.

I thought iced buckets with pop and change them when new people come. They will need changing anyway due to the ice melting. Probally get smaller packs of cupcakes so each house hold could have their own instead of a dipping into one. Not like a massive drinks and cupcake buffet x
Yes good idea a small pack each. Hope she has fun party 🎉

• Heart
We had our first socially distant visitors today (scotland) I was worried how my toddler would cope but it was great. We set up our old playpen to block off part of the garden near our side gate and set a table and chairs up that I then sprayed with detol 😂 Also this bit has the outside tap so we put some handsoap out beside it.

My mum and dad came and brought their own drinks and snacks and sat for a few hours in their VIP area 😂 watching the kids play in their paddling pool and running about. They also kept bringing things from the house to show them. At one point the middle one tried to bring out a shoe rack to show them 😂 Toddler accepted he couldn't cross the fence and was happy chatting and playing. The kids were so excited when they arrived 😊

I think strictly speaking you shouldn't be giving anyone food and definitely not setting out drinks that more than one person can touch ? In Scotland we have been told to bring our own food and drinks of visiting people. If you are going to I would go for something in wrappers or boxes ? And leave hand gel for them ??
Using an old playpen opened up is a great idea... I wish we had one. Scared to have family over in garden as I know our 2yo will want cuddles and not understand.... Play own would mean she couldn't get over it! X

Using an old playpen opened up is a great idea... I wish we had one. Scared to have family over in garden as I know our 2yo will want cuddles and not understand.... Play own would mean she couldn't get over it! X
This is exactly what I was worried about then last night we had the idea and it worked so well. He went up to the fence a few times but they were sitting far enough back from it that it was ok. He did look at bit unsure when they left though as I said to blow kisses and I could tell he wanted to go to my mum for a hug and I think he was a bit confused as she would never leave without giving him a hug normally.

Is there anything else you could use to make a barricade 😆 a garden table on its side or something 🙈

This is exactly what I was worried about then last night we had the idea and it worked so well. He went up to the fence a few times but they were sitting far enough back from it that it was ok. He did look at bit unsure when they left though as I said to blow kisses and I could tell he wanted to go to my mum for a hug and I think he was a bit confused as she would never leave without giving him a hug normally.

Is there anything else you could use to make a barricade 😆 a garden table on its side or something 🙈
I don't think so... May need to get husband to help me get creative haha

• Haha
I fear posting this because I fear it can be seen as me saying the movement isn’t important or the protests aren’t important 🤦‍♀️

and what I’m really saying is the first six months of 2020 will be a ducking history degree in itself.

I’m seeing protests being arranged in Leeds and London,
I’m watching everything as it plays out in the USA.
And I’m wondering how all of these protests, and a pandemic will work together,

please, please nobody take this as judgement on the protesters, although I do judge the looting and violence.

but wtf is happening to the world.

Reactions: 5
I fear posting this because I fear it can be seen as me saying the movement isn’t important or the protests aren’t important 🤦‍♀️

and what I’m really saying is the first six months of 2020 will be a ducking history degree in itself.

please, please nobody take this as judgement on the protesters, although I do judge the looting and violence.

I agree it is important but it's crazy to see those images and I have a bad feeling this is going to end really badly in terms of Covid 😬

Like you say I keep thinking about when I studied history and how things are remembered and certain events marked as catalysts or turning points etc and trying to guess what will be the information that sticks around !

Reactions: 9
I agree it is important but it's crazy to see those images and I have a bad feeling this is going to end really badly in terms of Covid 😬

Like you say I keep thinking about when I studied history and how things are remembered and certain events marked as catalysts or turning points etc and trying to guess what will be the information that sticks around !
the book will be called

“2020 - where the duck do we start” 🙄

I feel the virus might be dying out regardless of social distancing for now (because of the season) but between heatwaves, beaches, protests and schools,
We will know soon enough 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 12
Again, that wasn't aimed at that child.

But 100% parents need to mind their mouths around their children as they are projecting their own fears onto their children and that's not healthy.

One of our children isn't coming back and I'm worried for her staying at home. This is the same child who throws up at nursery and shakes and cries if her hands get dirty because "Mommy says I will die if I come home dirty" she has cream where the skin is literally cracked all over hands from washing them and this was last year. Mom carries her from car to nursery covered with a blanket and doesn't want her outside.

When Mom picks her up, she takes her to the bathroom, washes her hands, face, removed her clothes, puts new clothes on and antic bac gels her hands, arms and legs.

There's things now on place.

Intentionally or not it is abusive. Abusive includes damage to mental health and well being.

I certainly couldn't ignore a situation where a child is terrified because of what's been said by a parent. We shouldn't be scaring our children this way, it's bloody awful.

Whilst I totally get where you’re coming from I think it’s quite a sweeping comment to make. Yes parents do need to be mindful of what’s being said as does everyone, but we are human and sometimes things get said that a child shouldn’t hear.

For example my ASD child (I have to point that out) he takes every word literal you have to be so so careful and since I can’t wrap him in bubble wrap school have spoken about COVID-19 before lockdown, he took everything they said as

School is closed forever no homework no learning of any sort.

Government says no going out that means YOU DO NOT EVER GO OUT not even into your garden.

We have had a lot of meltdowns trying to explain and rectify what they said.

That isn’t my fault that he wasn’t taken to one side and explained to.

I had being explaining why we have to wash our hands and not to cough without covering our mouths etc.

I tried to explain why the shops are no longer open, he honestly didn’t understand other than an I quote ‘if everyone just stayed in all the time we would have shops’

🙄😂

With the child your mentioning I’d be reporting concerns via your safeguarding lead. That’s not healthy, for parents to be like that and mum may just need some sort of support.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Does anyone else find the way this has been announced really random? Why not wait until tomorrow's briefing?
Think if it's true, shielding will be extended
I do feel that this announcement is going to be followed by a shielding extension. Either that or they know there's going to be a second peak so letting us out for a bit before we get locked down again. Something about it just doesn't sit right with me

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I do feel that this announcement is going to be followed by a shielding extension. Either that or they know there's going to be a second peak so letting us out for a bit before we get locked down again. Something about it just doesn't sit right with me
I'm so glad you're on the same wavelength as me regarding this.

With regards to the kids being worried. Obviously the example above the mother has OCD and needs help but we have had to tell our kids what is going on number 1 because it's hugely obvious something is going on and that needs to be explained. Number 2 I need them to know we have to keep distant from people when we are out and wash our hands. As someone said school.also explained it before they stopped and made them all wash their hands more.

They have had to stop going to school, not been allowed to see friends and family and I have had to explain the reason for that is the virus. It's hard to turn around and say now we can see people kids are black and white they say so is the virus gone ? How do you then explain No so we must still be careful and say 2 meters and wash out hands. They respond if it's not gone we shouldn't see people yet. Kids don't get that the economy needs to restart and the NHS can now cope so we can let more people get ill and or die as their is space for them.

I feel uneasy with it all to be honest so of course my kids do. I try to keep it as simplified as I can and reassure them we are young and are following the rules to keep us but even more to keep vulnerable people safe at the moment. (This leads to questions about grandparents and great grandparents - 😟)

I feel super uneasy when I go out so I'm guessing they will when they can eventually can go somewhere.

Reactions: 3
I'm so glad you're on the same wavelength as me regarding this.
It all feels rushed especially after they said during Thursdays announcement that those of us shielding will need to carry on as we are. In some respects I'm excited to have some freedom and my kids certainly need it but the other part of me is terrified.

Totally agree but seeing news coverage of USA totally valid if peaceful protest and social distancing.
But the pictures don't show that so makes me wonder will the virus spread.

Next door neighbours packing up their car for beach the child says it's 2 hour drive.
Then icing on the cake least 10 other eastern European freinds turn up they all 1 big convoy to the beach.
Spoke to another freind different area city says lots her neighbours packing up picnics and beach stuff for day out.
We think South West has the worst r rate but government won't release latest regional figures.

Apologies if posted some of sage have broken ranks over schools returning.

Then icing on the cake least 10 other eastern European freinds turn up they all 1 big convoy to the beach.
Spoke to another freind different area city says lots her neighbours packing up picnics and beach stuff for day out.
A convoy of men arrived next to us at the beach yesterday, 2 or 3 cars, drinking beer at 8:45am. I have no idea how far they travelled but they didn't know where the carpark machine was, didn't know where to enter the beach and were asking one of the rangers where they could BBQ. I was at a National Trust beach which typically is all local NT members. Not large groups of tourists drinking and blasting music. Just not that type of beach.

My sister in law saw someone at another beach who had lost their keys in the sand and were frantic. She was helping and asked if they could get someone to drop a spare key round and he said he couldnt as home was 2hrs away.

I am really worried for the small hospitals on the south coast. We are not equipped for a big surge.

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
Family just posted pictures on social media. 10 of them in one back garden last night. Kids sat on grandparents knees and no social distancing at all. Is this just one big joke to some people?

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Family just posted pictures on social media. 10 of them in one back garden last night. Kids sat on grandparents knees and no social distancing at all. Is this just one big joke to some people?
I think I'm gonna need a social media break (apart from tattle of course!) as I'm getting far too cross seeing how many people don't give a tit and are just doing what they want

Reactions: 15
I think I'm gonna need a social media break (apart from tattle of course!) as I'm getting far too cross seeing how many people don't give a tit and are just doing what they want
I left our family WhatsApp group for the same reason. Couldn't cope with the don't give a tit attitude from everyone

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.