Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #35

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Some people have only been managing to hold on for as long as they have without caving because it’s been drilled into them to follow the rules or face consequences every day since lockdown began. I don’t blame anybody one bit if they do so now. His actions have set a precedent, and he’s getting away with it which is unjust. I wouldn’t say they were as bad as him, they are just people desperate to see their families and rightly so. We were not built for isolation.
Yup. I have no family to see as I'm estranged from all but 2 distant family members who live around 300 miles away, and my Grandma who is in a care home. But I imagine if someone is desperate to see their family, seeing an MP, who is supposed to be setting an example, see his family and get away with it, is just going to convince you to take the chance and see them. I know I probably would if I was really missing someone I cared about.

I'm kinda glad that the only real family I have that I care about are my children. I'm super lonely but at least I don't have to miss anyone.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Yup. I have no family to see as I'm estranged from all but 2 distant family members who live around 300 miles away, and my Grandma who is in a care home. But I imagine if someone is desperate to see their family, seeing an MP, who is supposed to be setting an example, see his family and get away with it, is just going to convince you to take the chance and see them. I know I probably would if I was really missing someone I cared about.

I'm kinda glad that the only real family I have that I care about are my children. I'm super lonely but at least I don't have to miss anyone.
The last paragraph there has really touched me😭 I hope you are ok, our children are the best things we will ever have!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
It is truly a lovely town, I live 15mins from here. Whenever the hubby and I have a rare day together without child, we often go here for lunch, gorgeous!! Will never get in our usual cafe after this and lockdown now!! 🙄😂

It's truly pissing me off the way the Southern journalists are pronouncing it compared to us northerners though 🤣🤣🤣
I'm about 25 mins from Barny it's a beautiful place! Havent been for years though...

Reactions: 2
Guys am I right in thinking I can drive to go Manchester from where I live now? I want to go on a distanced walk with my girlfriend but we’re an hour-ish apart. Scared of being stopped by the police 😂

Reactions: 3
Guys am I right in thinking I can drive to go Manchester from where I live now? I want to go on a distanced walk with my girlfriend but we’re an hour-ish apart. Scared of being stopped by the police 😂
You can drive wherever you like for exercise in England.

Reactions: 1
Someone on Twitter posted at 8 o’clock on Thursday instead of the clap we all just collectively boo the government :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Think so but you wouldn’t be able to share the same car

Reactions: 1
Someone on Twitter posted at 8 o’clock on Thursday instead of the clap we all just collectively boo the government :ROFLMAO:
I would do this seeing as they are a bunch of twats who only care about themselves and duck the public who they are supposed to serve.

Reactions: 4
Think so but you wouldn’t be able to share the same car
With regards to sharing cars, I noticed on our walk yesterday that there were plenty of driving lessons going on - all seemed to be wearing masks, but surely this isn't okay?!

• Wow
Reactions: 3
With regards to sharing cars, I noticed on our walk yesterday that there were plenty of driving lessons going on - all seemed to be wearing masks, but surely this isn't okay?!
You’re only allowed to mix with one other person from another household in a outdoor setting , being in a car is a confined space

Hi All, I have A LOT of catching up to do. Daughter is 21 next Saturday so Im trying to prepare for that, and our central heating boiler started leaking and we need a new one. EON have quoted and said they can come on Wednesday. I am torn as I don’t want water leaking and no hot water at all, but I also don’t really want a workman in my house. 😬

Hi All, I have A LOT of catching up to do. Daughter is 21 next Saturday so Im trying to prepare for that, and our central heating boiler started leaking and we need a new one. EON have quoted and said they can come on Wednesday. I am torn as I don’t want water leaking and no hot water at all, but I also don’t really want a workman in my house. 😬
Why don't you want a workman in your house? I've had the washing machine repair man in twice recently, no brainer.

Reactions: 4
So, apparently it was his wife's birthday while they were up north. Well what a coincidence!! Was she really ill or is it a lie too?!

• Wow
Reactions: 12
I’m really sorry if I cause offence to anyone with the following comment but here goes ......
A poster on @PippaCrerar seems to be suggesting that the child is autistic? If that is the case, then I envy DC at being able to remove his child from their family home for an extended period of time. Our 16 yo son is on the spectrum (his twin is not) ..... he hates change, has really struggled with lockdown, and would not be able to cope with being away from home for that length of time. Ironically, my son used to have a sleepover every school holiday at my Dad’s house ........ and he lives locally ....... and my Dad offered to continue with this, just to help family tensions ......... but we said no, due to following the government’s guidance. I am so angry, and I am hoping that DC doesn’t play the special needs card .... if he does, it’s an insult to all parents and carers of children with special needs.
F15ECEE1-265D-4A01-A624-0698AFD57F52.jpeg

Reactions: 8
After this cummings situation, the government can stick their track and trace APP up their arse.

I've totally lost faith with Government now.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.