Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

KateESJ

VIP Member
I'm so angry tbh
Kicking off in a local group of mine about people not clapping. This guy is saying people are unappreciative, etc. I commented that clapping isn't the only way to show appreciation and that people like me are doing it in ways that, in my opinion, matter more, such as staying at home unless it's essential.

He decided to make a comment in response to me along the lines of "I hope you and the rest of you who don't clap don't end up with a sick child in hospital".

He can fuck all the way off. I need to delete Facebook.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 36

LittleMy

VIP Member
I’ll be honest, part of me thinks we’re all going to get it eventually and it will become as commonplace as the flu. I personally wouldn’t mind them lifting the restrictions altogether and going for herd immunity. I know that’s an unpopular opinion and many people don’t share it, but that’s just how I feel at the moment. You can already see how badly affected people are, I expect mental health issues are going to go through the roof. Maybe I’m looking at it from a selfish point of view, but I had a phone appointment with a speech and language therapist for my almost 3 year old yesterday, he is being put forward for a referral for autism but god knows when we will have any face-to-face appointments with the professionals we’ve raised our concerns with. It’s very frustrating, my son has never even met these people so they won’t know him and it’s hard to explain it all over the phone. The speech therapist agreed. I just want normal service to resume, I feel so useless right now and want to get my son any support he needs ASAP.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 31

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
**Whispers.....*

Its ok to admit you want your kids back in school,
It doesn’t make you a bad parent....

It’s ok to admit you’re scared to send your kid back....
It doesn’t make you a hypochondriac.....

it’s ok to admit the little shits are driving you mental.....
That makes you normal......they are shits at times.

Its ok to be pissed because you’re a teacher,
It’s ok to be pissed because you’re a parent struggling to be a teacher.

It’s ok to be pissed because I’m out of cheese triangles AND I’M NOT EATING THE FUCKING BLUE CHEESE RUBBISH!!! WHO EVEN MADE THAT A THING.

sorry, I went slightly off topic... 😕

• Haha
Reactions: 27

SavvyBee

VIP Member
Someone I know (and trust) knows somebody who has a very senior position at John Hopkins and they spoke recently. They believe that we are unlikely to find a vaccine - they have been trying to come up with them for coronaviruses (the general group of coronaviruses not this particular strain) for decades. We do not have vaccines for SARS, MERS, even the flu vaccine does not completely protect against all strains. He believes that instead, leaps and bounds will be made in terms of treatments so that essentially the death rate will fall to next to zero. Kind of similar to AIDS - no cure but very very few in the developed world actually ever die from it. Makes total sense to me and I actually would prefer that was the case vs a vaccine which would be new and have unknown consequences long term.
Obviously I won’t name names but this is someone I work with, well connected, absolutely not a gossip. I’ve pretty much stayed away from this thread for my own sanity for weeks but thought this was interesting and weirdly reassuring.

• Sad
Reactions: 26

birdiefly246

VIP Member
Someone on Twitter posted at 8 o’clock on Thursday instead of the clap we all just collectively boo the government :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26

KateESJ

VIP Member
What on god's green earth?? How does that even correlate? I'm really starting to get pissed off with those holier than thou clappers tbh. Clapping doesn't give them the pay rise they deserve, clapping doesn't stop the shortages or the government cuts. Anyone can just stand on their sodding doorstep for 2 minutes. If they actually cared about the NHS, they would be fighting for a government who gives an actual shit about the NHS, not one that hasn't for 10 fucking years. You know how I show my appreciation to the NHS. I stay indoors and away from people as best I can (key worker) and I don't vote Tory.

That guy clearly isn't compassionate or empathetic for the NHS if he's willing to mention a poorly child. He just wants to feel like billy big bollocks.
He's claiming to be a frontline worker. But I feel like a frontline worker wouldn't say anything like that. I replied and said that I had in fact had a very sick child who didn't make it and he seemed to eat his words eventually when he realised that people were clearly not on his side.

I hate this whole clapping thing now. It achieves nothing and all it's doing is making people think they're better than others just because they stand on their doorsteps and put their hands together for a minute or so. I'm just over everything today. You'll see me clapping if every clap gave the NHS £1 or one item of PPE but it literally does nothing but cause a superiority complex.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 25

birdiefly246

VIP Member
I'm so angry tbh
Kicking off in a local group of mine about people not clapping. This guy is saying people are unappreciative, etc. I commented that clapping isn't the only way to show appreciation and that people like me are doing it in ways that, in my opinion, matter more, such as staying at home unless it's essential.

He decided to make a comment in response to me along the lines of "I hope you and the rest of you who don't clap don't end up with a sick child in hospital".

He can fuck all the way off. I need to delete Facebook.
What on god's green earth?? How does that even correlate? I'm really starting to get pissed off with those holier than thou clappers tbh. Clapping doesn't give them the pay rise they deserve, clapping doesn't stop the shortages or the government cuts. Anyone can just stand on their sodding doorstep for 2 minutes. If they actually cared about the NHS, they would be fighting for a government who gives an actual shit about the NHS, not one that hasn't for 10 fucking years. You know how I show my appreciation to the NHS. I stay indoors and away from people as best I can (key worker) and I don't vote Tory.

That guy clearly isn't compassionate or empathetic for the NHS if he's willing to mention a poorly child. He just wants to feel like billy big bollocks.

• Heart
Reactions: 23

birdiefly246

VIP Member
Boris has got to be the only leader in the world who isn't turning up the daily press briefings.

Even Trump turns up... it's actually embarrassing.

• Heart

coconochanel

VIP Member
Id say to anyone wanting to see family members..... go and bloody see them! as long as you stay 2 metres apart and don't go in the house. (y)

• Heart

SpookyLumberjack

VIP Member
Well. I used to wear this and then I took it off my coat as I felt bad when he was ill but you know what? It's time again.

il_794xN.2086168937_fomq.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22

RachyWoo

VIP Member
Best joke of the whole Pandemic, Cummings saying he behaved reasonably and legally! And "says he did the "right thing" by travelling 260 miles to be near relatives during the coronavirus lockdown - adding that he did not care what it looked like"
What an absolutely vile piece of shit!!!!!!!

• Angry

LittleMy

VIP Member
I agree there are more pressing matters, definitely, but the man needs to be held accountable for his actions. You can’t tell the general public that they must do one thing and then throw out the rule book completely for the PM’s advisor. It just highlights how unfair the system is and shits all over those people who have struggled on and abided by the rules to their own detriment.

• Heart

Full19

I've just gotten to the point where I think people need to do what's best for their mental health, obviously not hosting a massive BBQ or party, but within reason.

• Heart
Reactions: 21

Jamhead

VIP Member
If he's allowed to drop his child off over 250 miles away, then i am going to start having my sisters children for a her for a few hours starting next week.
Her mental health is near rock bottom and although 2 of them can return to school she doesn't think it's safe so is keeping them home for the remainder of the summer term.
She lives less than a mile from me, has food delivered goes on one socially distanced walk a week. So i feel safe having them and hopefully it will a bit of respite for her and help to improve things.
I'll be looking after my own from now on, just as the government is doing.

• Heart

birdiefly246

VIP Member
a bit tongue in cheek of boris to be discussing 'following the instincts of every parent' when he doesn't even know how many kids he's even got.

• Haha
  • Heart