Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #35

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel like there is going to be a riot. People have been in a stressful, testing and difficult way of life for the past 9 weeks. We have all been locked up feeling increasing frustrated and then this. Do they not see this is ripe for all hell to break lose ?!

FFS Boris get a grip on the situation.

I am a Sturgeon fan and feel she is handling this whole thing well but she too did try to keep Calderwood. It was a day later after public pressure she resigned. It was handled much better than this but should have been an immediate response in my opinion.

Reactions: 12
I feel like there is going to be a riot. People have been in a stressful, testing and difficult way of life for the past 9 weeks. We have all been locked up feeling increasing frustrated and then this. Do they not see this is ripe for all hell to break lose ?!

FFS Boris get a grip on the situation.

I am a Sturgeon fan and feel she is handling this whole thing well but she too did try to keep Calderwood. It was a day later after public pressure she resigned. It was handled much better than this but should have been an immediate response in my opinion.
It was a bit more difficult for Sturgeon though she lost her CMO near the start of the lockdown ,and would have been limited on health advisors then.Where Cummings is of no benefit to the public he only keeps BoJo in No 10 ...(unintentional rhyme) 😂

Reactions: 6
Totally agree and it majorly sucks for those playing by the rules . I mean I’m a nurse I work long hours , PPE was unbearable before we even got the hot spells of weather , I now have to come home to a empty flat , I haven’t seen my fiancé in 3 months and my dads siblings died during lockdown and I couldn’t even go over to see if he was ok . It’s hard sticking by the rules and it wears you down but the more people who stick to it , the quicker the rate goes down and the sooner we can get back to some form of normality even if it’s just increased social contact
This!!!! And thank you for your dedication and hard work x

Someone on Twitter posted at 8 o’clock on Thursday instead of the clap we all just collectively boo the government :ROFLMAO:
Gosh I love this!!! It needs to be organised!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I’ve had a cry tonight, we’ve had a TGIs and watched a film. I feel better than I have done for days. This tit is mentally draining, I’m hoping for good news from the discussions about social circles but also expecting very little. We’ll keep going and I’ll stick at it, I keep reminding myself of some of our patients and their families, knowing that I owe it to them because they’ve sacrificed far more than me.

Sending lots of love and gentle thoughts to anybody can feel themselves struggling more and more everyday. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Everytime that vile spineless tit Cummings appears on the telly box, hubby always comments that Danny Boyle has let himself go......and it always stops me in my tracks of ranting using only 4 letter words to snigger....

• Haha
Reactions: 8
My local paper has posted that garden parties could be allowed after the next review. Says that social distancing will need to be adhered to but what about when you need the toilet or after a few alcoholic drinks?

Reactions: 5
I dreamt I was at an outdoor party and occasionally soapy water would fall down on us. That better not be the future 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
You can car share with another person if the windows are down/masks..may explain driving lessons
Only if you have no other option it’s essential. It also states you should have the same person each time and clean the car each time, don’t think driving lessons comply.

I’m looking at Flightradar24 yes I’m a nerd and there’s a plane from Wuhan won’t say where the destination is but it’s flying over the North Sea right now and descending and looks like it’s heading to London WTAF

• Wow
Where does it say that
Apparently the DfT has released some guidance (according to the Guardian) but it does not say that car sharing is permitted.

It says if you have no other option to get to work then you can, but you must share with the same small group each time. But the recommend avoiding if possible.

This would not fall into driving lesson, plus there is a ban on tests at the moment.

All I keep hearing about Dominic Cummins, is that he did this to safeguard his child. If his wife being ill (baring in mind she was well enough to be in a car for a few hours, watching said child) meant it was not safe enough for him as a father to look after his child, should social services not be involved. There must be times where the wife is not around, pre/post lockdown, and he has to look after his child alone what does he intend on doing?

I know they probably have a nanny 24/7 but to me, if a parent cannot solely look after their own child that is a worry.

His fans are now spouting he didn’t know how ill he or his wife would get, does anyone? All those single mums, parents who both got ill, parents with kids with extra needs, did they all know how ill they would get, no. F off Cummins, you slug of a man.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
My local paper has posted that garden parties could be allowed after the next review. Says that social distancing will need to be adhered to but what about when you need the toilet or after a few alcoholic drinks?
I think the government know this sort of thing wouldn’t actually be feasible with full social distancing - they’re loosening the reins and basically leaving it up to us to tow the line now, and if we see the rate increase again they can say “well we told you to social distance - not our fault”. It’s all a big experiment, they need to open the country up but cover their backs for blame at the same time. They know if you give people an inch they take a mile.

All I keep hearing about Dominic Cummins, is that he did this to safeguard his child. If his wife being ill (baring in mind she was well enough to be in a car for a few hours, watching said child) meant it was not safe enough for him as a father to look after his child, should social services not be involved. There must be times where the wife is not around, pre/post lockdown, and he has to look after his child alone what does he intend on doing?

I know they probably have a nanny 24/7 but to me, if a parent cannot solely look after their own child that is a worry.

His fans are now spouting he didn’t know how ill he or his wife would get, does anyone? All those single mums, parents who both got ill, parents with kids with extra needs, did they all know how ill they would get, no. F off Cummins, you slug of a man.
Yes, it’s very strange that they used that term as it’s usually a reference to children at risk of neglect/abuse. I think they probably do have a 24/7 nanny - I’d be surprised if Cummings had looked after his kid alone for any significant amount of time and probably has little experience with meeting his everyday needs, and thinks he’s above learning to provide childcare

Social services are overstretched as it is. While it’s not a good situation for that child, he normally has his needs met and I doubt there is any suspicion of neglect/abuse

He’s just a spoilt rich man who doesn’t see caring for his own child as his responsibility

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.