Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #35

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Iā€™m really sorry if I cause offence to anyone with the following comment but here goes ......
A poster on @PippaCrerar seems to be suggesting that the child is autistic? If that is the case, then I envy DC at being able to remove his child from their family home for an extended period of time. Our 16 yo son is on the spectrum (his twin is not) ..... he hates change, has really struggled with lockdown, and would not be able to cope with being away from home for that length of time. Ironically, my son used to have a sleepover every school holiday at my Dadā€™s house ........ and he lives locally ....... and my Dad offered to continue with this, just to help family tensions ......... but we said no, due to following the governmentā€™s guidance. I am so angry, and I am hoping that DC doesnā€™t play the special needs card .... if he does, itā€™s an insult to all parents and carers of children with special needs.
View attachment 137509

Iā€™d like to think that Boris and his shitstorm of a government will always be remembered for the scandal and catastrophe of this Covid pandemic and their appalling handling of the whole thing.

I really hope they all have sleepless nights for the rest of their days, unlikely ...but we can hope.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
My brothers just got his positive test results back and he lives with my parents so really stressed now about them all just holding onto the hope that when their two weeks is done hopefully we will be able to see them on some level even if itā€™s just outside

• Heart
Reactions: 5
is there someone on the celebrity gossip thread who knows his best friends brothers wifeā€™s second cousin who once shared a bottle of blue WKD with Boris behind the bike shed. šŸ™‚

Id well believe it tbh,
new baby, new mistress, old mistress turned fiancĆ©e, duck knows how many kids heā€™s trying to keep track of, night feeds on top of trying to keep in contact with the new intern Sonya, no hairdressers open and a bleeping pandemic.

I could see a man turning to the sherry.
I donā€™t think he is bothered about the hairdressers being closed, he looks like he cuts his hair with a cheese grater šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Why don't you want a workman in your house? I've had the washing machine repair man in twice recently, no brainer.
I need it and will do it, I just havenā€™t had anyone in the house for so long (other than the people that live here) that it feels really odd and strange. But i do need to do it. My first world selfish problem now is that the house is mainly tidy but not ā€œvisitor tidyā€ and my kids rooms are a mess. If they check all the radiators they will need to go in all rooms I guess.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I need it and will do it, I just havenā€™t had anyone in the house for so long (other than the people that live here) that it feels really odd and strange. But i do need to do it. My first world selfish problem now is that the house is mainly tidy but not ā€œvisitor tidyā€ and my kids rooms are a mess. If they check all the radiators they will need to go in all rooms I guess.
You sound just like my Mother, I know exactly what you mean, you don't want a workman to think you live in a shithole.

• Haha
Iā€™m really sorry if I cause offence to anyone with the following comment but here goes ......
A poster on @PippaCrerar seems to be suggesting that the child is autistic? If that is the case, then I envy DC at being able to remove his child from their family home for an extended period of time. Our 16 yo son is on the spectrum (his twin is not) ..... he hates change, has really struggled with lockdown, and would not be able to cope with being away from home for that length of time. Ironically, my son used to have a sleepover every school holiday at my Dadā€™s house ........ and he lives locally ....... and my Dad offered to continue with this, just to help family tensions ......... but we said no, due to following the governmentā€™s guidance. I am so angry, and I am hoping that DC doesnā€™t play the special needs card .... if he does, itā€™s an insult to all parents and carers of children with special needs.
View attachment 137509
If this is true then Iā€™m sorry, but again, no excuse. My son is on the spectrum, his younger brother we also suspect. I had Covid, my husband too, and we had to grin and bear it whilst looking after our children.

If this is true then Iā€™m sorry, but again, no excuse. My son is on the spectrum, his younger brother we also suspect. I had Covid, my husband too, and we had to grin and bear it whilst looking after our children.
I agree. I work with Autistic children with EHCP's and a lot of them have adapted very well with lockdown. Of course there are obstacles but personally I think moving the child away from his comfort zone would make the situation worse, no?

I also have a son on the spectrum, plus additional learning needs. Iā€™ve had to grin and bear many things over the years with zero help. This is no excuse for what he did.

• Sad
  • Heart
Just so I stay on topic whilst I catch up with posts, my calm placid husband has been stomping around all weekend referring to ā€œthat bast&rdā€ ā€œthat selfish tw&tā€ ā€œthat Malcolm Tucker wannabeā€. Unsurprisingly all lovingly refer to Cummings. He watched Boris today and his reaction to that was ā€œthat bast@rds got fucĀ£ing negatives on him, probably with a cucumber up his ar&e and someone shiĀ£ing on his chestā€œ. šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ Now... I am not saying swearing and ranting is big or clever, but my husbands many opinions of the Cummings situation has made me laugh slightly. I still hope he gets hounded out though.

You sound just like my Mother, I know exactly what you mean, you don't want a workman to think you live in a shithole.
Yep šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

• Haha
What an absolute load of bullshit. Are you telling us that there was absolutely no one who could look after the kid? I bet they have a nanny (probably furloughed), or what about his wifeā€™s family? Nobody seems to be mentioning them. We are expected to believe that not one person in a 260 mile vicinity was available to come to the doorstep and pick up the kid, the iPad and a bag of stuff? Christ, I know heā€™s a bleep who everyone hates but surely they could cobble up one friend? I absolutely do not buy it.

• Heart
What an absolute load of bullshit. Are you telling us that there was absolutely no one who could look after the kid? I bet they have a nanny (probably furloughed), or what about his wifeā€™s family? Nobody seems to be mentioning them. We are expected to believe that not one person in a 260 mile vicinity was available to come to the doorstep and pick up the kid, the iPad and a bag of stuff? Christ, I know heā€™s a bleep who everyone hates but surely they could cobble up one friend? I absolutely do not buy it.
Nobody looked after his child after he drove to Durham by all accounts. It seems that his family left food on the doorstep but never actually took over childcare. Surely you can get food delivered in London?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Oh Jesus.... is she trying to make it worse šŸ¤£

Oh god this has got me raging. My uncle died last month (not covid) but because of restrictions we were unable to honour and say goodbye to a decent, hardworking, lovely man. He didnā€™t get the send off he deserved and itā€™s hard for me to think about without feeling very sad.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.