Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #35

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Seeing people’s comments about how they are going to do what they want because Dominic Cummings has been, doesn’t that just make you as bad as him??
I don’t think its just the fact that he’s done it. It’s the fact that he’s the one telling us not to whilst he has been. He considers himself above the rules that us commoners have to follow. People don’t agree with that hypocrisy. It can’t be one rule for them and another for us. So if they’re the rules to be followed, then that’s where people are saying they’ll start to see others

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Dominic Cummings needs a fridge to hide in 😄 make it two fridges..one for Boris too 🤭

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Seeing people’s comments about how they are going to do what they want because Dominic Cummings has been, doesn’t that just make you as bad as him??
He should be leading by example after all it was his brainchild .I'd hope people wouldn't be that careless tbh..

Reactions: 8
I don’t think its just the fact that he’s done it. It’s the fact that he’s the one telling us not to whilst he has been. He considers himself above the rules that us commoners have to follow. People don’t agree with that hypocrisy. It can’t be one rule for them and another for us. So if they’re the rules to be followed, then that’s where people are saying they’ll start to see others
I get that I said that to my other half today he should be sacked because no1 will respect him anymore because he tells the public one things and he does the complete opposite

But there have been many comments made well if he’s gonna do it then I am - copying him is just gonna make you just as bad as him . Be your own person and follow the rules - they are there for a reason

Reactions: 6
I get that I said that to my other half today he should be sacked because no1 will respect him anymore because he tells the public one things and he does the complete opposite

But there have been many comments made well if he’s gonna do it then I am - copying him is just gonna make you just as bad as him . Be your own person and follow the rules - they are there for a reason
100% should have been sacked. I think if that was the outcome then people would be more inclined to continue to follow the government guidance. The whole thing has just completely destroyed all of their credibility.

I’m definitely sticking to what I have been for a while longer. At least until the next review but I definitely understand the temptation now and don’t blame anyone who does now break the lockdown.

Reactions: 7
I have been following the guidance from day 1, I actually wfh a week earlier because I was worried. My mum and dad have isolated bar shopping for the same time. I decided to see her in my house on Friday and I will be doing the same on my birthday in two weeks. We didn’t hug and she used a different Bathroom to my family.

I am fuming about DC and while I’d love to just go back to normal, I’m not prepared to break anymore rules just because he did.

Reactions: 7
100% should have been sacked. I think if that was the outcome then people would be more inclined to continue to follow the government guidance. The whole thing has just completely destroyed all of their credibility
Totally agree and it majorly sucks for those playing by the rules . I mean I’m a nurse I work long hours , PPE was unbearable before we even got the hot spells of weather , I now have to come home to a empty flat , I haven’t seen my fiancé in 3 months and my dads siblings died during lockdown and I couldn’t even go over to see if he was ok . It’s hard sticking by the rules and it wears you down but the more people who stick to it , the quicker the rate goes down and the sooner we can get back to some form of normality even if it’s just increased social contact

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Totally agree and it majorly sucks for those playing by the rules . I mean I’m a nurse I work long hours , PPE was unbearable before we even got the hot spells of weather , I now have to come home to a empty flat , I haven’t seen my fiancé in 3 months and my dads siblings died during lockdown and I couldn’t even go over to see if he was ok . It’s hard sticking by the rules and it wears you down but the more people who stick to it , the quicker the rate goes down and the sooner we can get back to some form of normality even if it’s just increased social contact
Thank you for what you’re doing, we appreciate it very much💗 I hope his actions don’t result in too much of a spike with people visiting absolutely everyone they know. Time will tell but I hope people continue to protect the NHS and keep their common sense about them

Thank you for what you’re doing, we appreciate it very much💗 I hope his actions don’t result in too much of a spike with people visiting absolutely everyone they know. Time will tell but I hope people continue to protect the NHS and keep their common sense about them
Tbf a lot of people had VE parties and street parties and it was hot weather bank holiday and that was 2/3 weeks ago which is typical for the 14 days of infection to come out so hypothetically we should have seen the major spikes now which we havent and it’s still steadily coming down so fingers crossed

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Tbf a lot of people had VE parties and street parties and it was hot weather bank holiday and that was 2/3 weeks ago which is typical for the 14 days of infection to come out so hypothetically we should have seen the major spikes now which we havent and it’s still steadily coming down so fingers crossed
That’s true, I was definitely expecting more of an increase as a result of VE Day than we have seen. I just hope it does continue and some kind of normal can return. As I mentioned earlier today, the impact of the lockdown on mental health and poverty really do concern me. It’ll take us many years to recover from this

I don't know. If he'd been sacked and the government had admitted he was wrong then they could try and uphold the lockdown. But now... they've shown they do what they want and yet we have to do as they say - how many people will be happy to comply with that?

Reactions: 4
I don't know. If he'd been sacked and the government had admitted he was wrong then they could try and uphold the lockdown. But now... they've shown they do what they want and yet we have to do as they say - how many people will be happy to comply with that?
I’m still happy to follow the rules even though it’s hard but then again I come from a nursing background and see the logic of it whereas others wouldn’t

Reactions: 2
Some people have only been managing to hold on for as long as they have without caving because it’s been drilled into them to follow the rules or face consequences every day since lockdown began. I don’t blame anybody one bit if they do so now. His actions have set a precedent, and he’s getting away with it which is unjust. I wouldn’t say they were as bad as him, they are just people desperate to see their families and rightly so. We were not built for isolation.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
There’s a Change .org petition up calling for Dominic Cummings to be sacked. I signed it at 8am when it had about 21k signatures, right now it’s at 142k

I know it has no actual bearing but it shows people are fuming

I don’t see how they can keep him after this train wreck

Reactions: 8
God did you see the clips of him leaving No.10 after Boris' speech. He was smiling like a smug bastard.

Disgraceful behaviour by all of them and their leadership shot to bits. I don't know how they'll come back from this

Reactions: 14
That’s true, I was definitely expecting more of an increase as a result of VE Day than we have seen. I just hope it does continue and some kind of normal can return. As I mentioned earlier today, the impact of the lockdown on mental health and poverty really do concern me. It’ll take us many years to recover from this
I think another few weeks to know for sure if they'll be a spike. VE st parties were just that.. it's when communities collide things get complicated, as the net widens so will the spread..

Reactions: 3
There’s a Change .org petition up calling for Dominic Cummings to be sacked. I signed it at 8am when it had about 21k signatures, right now it’s at 142k

I know it has no actual bearing but it shows people are fuming

I don’t see how they can keep him after this train wreck
I signed it a few hours ago and shared on Facebook - half of my friends now have (admittedly, I only have 60 friends - you know, people i actually know and could converse with!)

Reactions: 2

Some people were already doubting the effectiveness of a lockdown so if the MPs can't even keep up with it then I can't really be surprised if people start flouting it too. They shouldn't, because it's still wrong, but the government have no leg to stand on if people do. They can hardly shout at us for doing it now when one of their own did it last month (in the midst of it, and WITH symptoms). They've really made a rod for their own back.

As angry as I am about this whole disgrace, I wont be putting myself or my family at risk by breaking the 'bendy' rules.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.