Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

imaginedragon83

VIP Member
I don’t 100 percent know but from Italy it looks like it’s all non essential travel. Distancing from people. Restaurants are still open but tables a metre apart. A journalist was saying she can still travel you just have to prove you need to travel for work. Some shops one in one out policy. I think it’s essentially stay in unless you absolutely need to go out and if you do then keep your distance from people. I can imagine some people here though Won’t care. Restaurants open til 6pm in Italy. So for example I might take my children on a bike ride off the beaten track near here to get them out but I wouldn’t go to a play centre
Yes I have family in Italy and they are still able to go to work and cafes/shops/restaurants still open but numbers of people restricted (so that everyone can keep distance) and opening restricted hours. Schools closed and events etc cancelled. No non essential travel and you have to account for it if you are travelling distances eg for work etc.

Babybrain

Yes that’s what they are doing, you can go out only for work, grocery shopping (you must go to a supermarket as close to your place as possible) and pet/family emergency (like attending old/sick relatives). They even closed parks to prevent people from going there
I live in a flat so don’t have a garden but have a park out the back....so I wouldn’t even be able to take my son there for fresh air or to have a run about 😳😱

Viewer1901

VIP Member
I’m booked in at Centre parcs the last week of the Easter hols - should I be worrying about that?! Just don’t really want to lose the £500 I paid for it 🤔

We told all parents that Easter events are cancelled at school today as well as bake sales etc. I’m still not convinced schools will close but we have a contingency plan in place incase

Bostonx

VIP Member
The charity my brother works for support homeless young people. Many of them live in shared housing. The staff at those sites have been told to bring in sleeping bags and luggage for two weeks in preparation for an outbreak as they will have to stay on site to care for the young people if there is a quarentine.

I wonder how that would work for my mum. She works as a carer but only the hours my little sister is at school/after school club. She couldn't leave a 14 year old at home for 2 weeks.

bubbletea123

VIP Member
This happened in my local Tesco - the only hand soap left was Bayliss&Harding (or whatever it’s called) at £5 a bottle.
It’s like ‘we want to wash our hands and protect ourselves from Coronavirus, but we don’t want to splash out too much!!’
Check the pound stores.

bubbletea123

VIP Member
There is a girl on insta called all.things.mia she has just been put in remission for cancer; has come back from Bulgaria feeling unwell and is now in isolation being testing for coronavirus due to her weakened immune system. Shes done a few insta videos of her going into isolation
It looks like she is still getting chemo? Or is that an old story? Poor girl. How scary.

Last edited:

monga

VIP Member
One man had just come back from a Caribbean cruise I believe.
I think that was the man in his 60's ,it's being reported now a large rise in the cases of community spread.The government are considering asking people to work from home for 3 months..

Viewer1901

VIP Member
I feel like Center Parcs could be a breeding ground for it. I wouldn't be going anywhere on Easter hols/spring break.
Pretty sure we’d lose our money unless they allowed us to move the dates etc. I’ve just checked their website and they’ve said they’re ‘monitoring’