Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

JoeBloggs

VIP Member
Thing is, it isn't just Chinese rests now. I don't know about the UK but here, servers do not get sick pay so they are VERY likely to show up to work while ill therefore people are eating out less in general.
Anyone employed in the UK would get sick pay, those on 0 hours or self employed have to apply for UC instead.

btw

I feel like that's a big jump given how strict they seem to be with who they are allowing to be tested
People on Twitter and commenting on the fact that the number of tests carried out are decreasing each day, yet the numbers are still rising. They really should be carrying out more tests

Squarehole

VIP Member
I'm guessing if they say that, then the doctors,etc would want the details of that someone in order to trace them, etc.
It's only if you have been in contact with a confirmed case not someone who has travelled. (Or have travelled to a listed country and show symptoms) It is very hard to get tested here at the moment !!

Jc456

VIP Member
How accurate is that map now? I read there is about 24 cases in Devon & Cornwall now but I fail to see them on there
Don't think it's accurate. I've heard one in Exeter, Honiton (eddc office but I don't know if it's confirmed?).

Plus then the ones in Torbay, Glampton area

Foxy86

Chatty Member
Read on twitter house of commons debating the budget until 7pm then Matt Hancock will make a statement re corona. People think it maybe regarding increased testing. And perhaps the late hour is just down to the budget debate but who knows !
Thank you

mummy2under2

VIP Member
we’re going on Monday, I’m not worried about it (surprisingly😂) I’ve been checking their news page for updates and there hasn’t been much said, I think (hoping) people won’t go if they’re under the weather. I’m thinking of not sending my girl to nursery tomorrow and Thursday incase she picks something up before we go
I'd definitely keep her off.
If your luck is anything like mine she'll catch something walking out of there on Thursday 😂

Doc

VIP Member
Our school is pretty much open plan except for EYFS. We had 1/4 of kids off before Christmas with colds/flu and had to deep clean over a weekend... if coronavirus got into our school I can imagine it would spread like wildfire.

Notothefakes

VIP Member
Yes absolutely disgusting but I cannot understand why they are not taking more action if this is not part of the plan. Especially reading some accounts from Italian medics having to choose who to save and who to allow to die, obviously I don't know if all accounts are true, but I suspect some of it is, especially when you do not have enough beds/respirators or whatever else is required to save life etc.. save the young and strong, sacrifice the old..:mad: I really hope I am wrong.
I hope so too. And I know films are nothing to go by but they do make you wonder what really goes on behind closed doors with regards to anything not just this

JoeBloggs

VIP Member
UC is a complete waste of time because of the 5 week wait for it to be processed. People will just carry on working and not say that they are sick. They won’t have a choice.
It is but that’s your only option as SE, unless you have insurance. They are looking to wavier the 5/6 week wait if your self isolating.

Foxy86

Chatty Member
As of 9am on 10 March 2020, 26,261 people have been tested in the UK, of which 25,888 were confirmed negative and 373 were confirmed as positive. Six patients who tested positive for COVID-19 have died.

imaginedragon83

VIP Member
I’m also in the legal industry and we’re also wondering whether there will be guidance from the Courts with regards to issuing blanket stays. Realistically, they won’t be able to function either with a skeleton staff nor will they appreciate a huge backlog of applications to stay proceedings or set aside opportunistic judgments. Interesting times.....
No it will be an absolute nightmare trying to get back on track if the courts have to close or work on skeleton staff esp with emergency applications like non-mols etc

Doc

VIP Member
There is another Cobra meeting today so I wonder if any restrictions will be put in place after that.

Does anyone know were these scheduled for every Monday just now or is it in response to something ?
I don’t know if they’ve officially gone from “containment” to “delay” yet, so it might be to do with that?