Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Orange Creme

VIP Member
My 7yo's school had an assembly on the importance of handwashing but he said they're not getting a chance to do it before eating! What's the point?
Yes exactly the same with my eldest daughter although my younger daughter is washing hers lots so it seems to be the teacher not following up.

MarinaScorpio

Chatty Member
I returned from Italy(Rome) on Friday went into work yesterday as normal. Told today to stay off for 2 weeks from HR. Rules have changed as of this morning. Any part of Italy symptoms or not I have to stay off.
Will you be working from home for those 2 weeks? Or will you get sick pay? I'm curious. Some companies have terrible sickness policy. :(

Hel1975

Does anyone have a holiday planned over Easter to France or Spain? How do you feel about going ? We are going on a coach holiday to Disney and really worried about going

caitlinbullen

VIP Member
Have you noticed fewer people dining out since the Coronavirus?
We went out for lunch on Saturday. There was only one other couple eating and the bar was deserted. No idea if it was just a coincidence or if people are staying away.
We went out for Sunday roast yesterday and were saying the opposite-it was rammed lol

leoladyxo

VIP Member
I have a haircut this weekend and my hairdresser has only just returned from a holiday to Vietnam. Would it be paranoid of me to cancel this appointment?

I feel as though I could cancel it but it probably wouldn’t matter anyway as other people in my office have just returned from cruise ships and other foreign travel.

Yel

Chatty Member
So we had a meeting our trust today and we will have maximum 80 beds for corona patients. (80 less for non corona patients may I add). Roughly 1 bed per 3000 people in our catchment area. Shit is expected to hit the fan in the next 2-3 weeks. Good luck everyone lol
Are these just standard beds without respirators?

With a rough figure of 20% hospitalized it will be overrun if more than 0.16% of people get infected

Jc456

VIP Member
I can’t comment for others because they just send the kids independently so who knows what the kids do unsupervised 😂 with mine needing more support a member of staff hours with them and washes their hands at the same time to model how to do it.
😂
My youngests teacher lines them up and as they walk out gives them a squirt of antibac to rub in. My eldest I'm guessing they are expected to be independent. It's only a small school and has 4 toilets/sinks so would take ages to wash properly with soap and water

monga

VIP Member
It's still a very glib saying when talking about the hastened deaths of actual people.
I'm talking death rate in general..

Not really - 1.5% of cases all with underlying health issues and of older years

And before any one jumps on me I’m not downplaying it I’m just being realistic with the figures we currently have
As someone mentioned earlier in the thread Italy started out like this ,and now the death toll is in the hundreds in one small province alone..

fireflies

VIP Member
I'm all for humour on this thread, if we don't have it what's even the point of existing 🤷‍♀️. Although serious posts are part and parcel when taking about a serious disease.

It seems like many of the Germans that got infected were younger and more healthy skiers. That's probably why there's not been deaths like in Italy where it's spread in older communities. Still very early days to draw any conclusions. Bahrain are another country doing well and being open and honest, they have the third highest concentration.
Apparently Israel is in taking precautions too .

Notothefakes

VIP Member
I’ve just been reading a story of a person in Italy where they’re sharing the baby sitting so there’s 6 children being looked after by a different parent each day.... you won’t ever stop children and teenagers mingling so to what extent will it be successful anyway? I know there’s no answer and no government has the perfect solution.

Notothefakes

VIP Member
At least people in Australia are being calm despite their sensationalist news 😆
View attachment 93654
That’s so funny!!! How much do people think they need?! I got a 24 pack because it was on offer and I’m not entirely sure how much we use because I’ve never monitored it but I’m going to assume it’ll last us 6 weeks roughly. I don’t think I need to be buying 3 24 packs 😂