Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

JoeBloggs

VIP Member
I feel sorry any government it's a tough situation balancing caution with serious disruption to economy and education.
I do sadly think what this might highlight that our nhs is less well equipped than other European countries in terms healthcare facilities.
It's overstretched and overworked.
I would never want an American system but other countries oz/ new Zealand and Europe have fab healthcare that's cheap or free.
Defiantly, our economy was already on the edge. But we also have less space and a higher population (in space terms).

AfroCircus

Chatty Member
I had no idea Italy had such an ageing population, I naively thought they were roughly same demographics of us so I see the difference now.

I’m going to keep checking the numbers everyday, does anyone have any insight / suggestions into what the tipping point might be to put us into the delay phase? I presume it will be an explosion of cases or unexpected deaths.

memoii11

VIP Member
It's my wedding anniversary in about 10 days and we want to go away for a night in a fancy spa hotel. We've been holding off booking it for obvious reasons. Would you book it or not risk it? We can either book it and we can go and it'll all be fine, or book it and risk losing the money because we cancel it, or book it and hope that they'll refund it if they have to cancel it as everywhere is on lockdown. What would you do? We could postpone it but who knows when this will all be over!

Cocobean

VIP Member
So the updates I have seen are 'if you have a fever or feel unwell stay home'
Should I also stay in if my children are unwell?

Notothefakes

VIP Member
I was thinking the same thing earlier. I was wondering if they were trying to contain it themselves then realised they needed help. Although a few people i have spoke to have mentioned it being “let out” a lab on purpose 😩
I did wonder the same thing about facing responsibility, but guess the world needs to fight it first and put all its efforts into that. Also re being let out the lab what benefit is it to anybody to release a disease that kills mainly the ageing population. I don’t believe it has been purposely released. It does remind me slightly of those films though with viruses that don’t attack the under 20s and they end up all that’s left.... that’s when I can’t sleep and let me imagination run wild!

imaginedragon83

VIP Member
I had no idea Italy had such an ageing population, I naively thought they were roughly same demographics of us so I see the difference now.

I’m going to keep checking the numbers everyday, does anyone have any insight / suggestions into what the tipping point might be to put us into the delay phase? I presume it will be an explosion of cases or unexpected deaths.
I have family in italy and any time I have visited it seems like 90% of the village are old people.