Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

JoeBloggs

VIP Member
Is your husband saying it for your safety or theirs or both? I think unless one of you is extremely vulnerable then it’s proabbly not necessary yet, while being mindful of hand washing and all that. Plus surely if you work with your dad that’s not going to be possible?
He’s saying it for their sake. While they don’t have specific health problem, my dad is being tested for type 2 diabetes but that’s it it’s their age.

I can work from home if needed, I don’t have to be in London to do my job at a push.

m0rgan

I wonder how that would work for my mum. She works as a carer but only the hours my little sister is at school/after school club. She couldn't leave a 14 year old at home for 2 weeks.
I imagine the person she cares for has some kind of social work involvement and they'll have to find alternative arrangements for them. X

Mabellovestea

VIP Member
Not silly at all. I get like this and was really worried last week but my husband is forever telling me we can’t spend our lives worrying about something that hasn’t happened yet. I know it’s happening to others but I’m trying to stay positive and do the best I can to protect my family and the elderly by washing my hands, using tissues etc. Also trying to be as healthy as possible, fruit, veg, water, to keep my body in the best shape. That’s all we can do at the moment. Also stop reading the news and switch the TV over, maybe check in once a day so you know what’s happening but don’t read the stories which make it all sound so scary. I’m not saying it is or isn’t but reading them doesn’t help ❤
Thank you so much. Great advice,

I just worry as I have some health issues and my husband has asthma.

I was told oncem if you worry before something’s even happened and then it does happen, you’ve suffered twice. That’s so very true,

quinzel

VIP Member
I take my 5 month old baby to swimming lessons at a heated pool in an elderly person’s care home. I’m wondering if I should stop going

Foxy86

Chatty Member
The manager of Nottingham Forest football club has confirmed he has Corona, he was at their game against millwall this weekend and at the arsenal ground recently too. Apparently he met most of the players and had photos taken with fans too.
Has he deffo got it? The article I read was a bit sketchy tbh.
Hopfully all this ppl will be ok they should all be in isolation and be tested.

monga

VIP Member
I haven’t seen anything about that? 3 months is a long time to expect people to work from home. It was a man in his 70s with underlying health issues
I just googled latest on the virus ,it's on the business insider ..It's saying it's one of the measures their considering there's also a member of staff on the London underground has tested positive..

Jc456

VIP Member
Oh no I dont think he would have gone in if he thought he might be sick but I'd hope anyone in that position would have been overly caution whether they were advised to be or not but then I seem to be more cautious that anyone I know atm, Liverpool still seems to be quite chilled out overall for the time being which I just cant understand
I don't understand why the gov said at the time if you dont have symptoms then it's fine to go to work from a high risk area when it has an incubation period of 2 weeks 🤷‍♀️ 3 members of staff from one GP surgery have it near me 😬 I'm really cautious about it too. X

freddiesmum09

I’ve gotten ill - I’m now starting to panic a bit. It seems more like normal flu but who knows.

Kind of wish the self isolation for everyone with an upper respiratory infection was in place now as I’m worried if I pass it to someone more vulnerable - but then I don’t want to be overly cautious- life kinda has to go on until we are told otherwise 🤷‍♀️

All the current advice online is not to self isolate unless you have been in contact with someone who’s had a case confirmed or if you have recently come back from one of the affected countries - none of which apply to me.

Mabellovestea

VIP Member
Just had to jump on here and say how completely selfish this panic buying is!

All I can think of is elderly and disabled people with no family support who rarely get out to do a food shop and probably don’t have the means to visit more than one shop - they won’t have access to the essentials that they need because some idiots think buying 1000 rolls of toilet paper will somehow help them avoid a virus.

Irony is that these people bulk buying soap don’t realise other people need to wash their hands to reduce the risk of an infected person passing it on to them. Sat at home with 50 bottles of soap and will probably pick it up off a surface touched by someone who couldn’t get any cause it was sold out! 😂
I can’t even get 1 box of paracetamol, or child’s paracetamol. It’s absolute madness.

I’m worried for my Gran, she’s 91. She can’t go stock piling. People are being so selfish. I just bought 3 bags of 500g pasta, an extra pack of toilet roll, 3 dettol spray, extra beans and soup, that was about it as a little safety net. Even that was hard to buy as people had cleared the shelves. We can’t even get antibacterial hand wash here.

So the updates I have seen are 'if you have a fever or feel unwell stay home'
Should I also stay in if my children are unwell?
I read it that if numbers significantly increase in the next few days/weeks, the government would then make anyone with a cough/cold symptoms isolate for 7-days. I had to double read it myself. I’ve got kiddies here with coughs/cold, one with a temp too!