Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

caroleffinbaskin

VIP Member
I know I'm late but its been a rough morning. I physically couldn't leave my bed today until 5pm, I had absolutely no will for it. Luckily I found a book to read on iBooks about self motivation and getting on with it that gave me the big push to get up. Feel a lot better now that I've showered and put some make up on to make myself feel better!

Going back to Boris, I wish he would do something about his hair! Its so messy all the time, its nice when its cut short like in his Twitter picture! Why does no one ever comment on this?!
Sorry you've had such a rough day, a bit of slap always helps me. Re Boris' hair - the best comment I have ever read on this site was that Boris looks like he's brushed his hair with a toffee apple:giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle: I wish I could take credit for it, it's one of the funniest things I've heard in ages!

• Haha
Reactions: 22

MakeMineADouble

VIP Member
I wonder if Covid19 occurred 13 years ago, would we all have the hots for Tony Blair, William Hague, Alistair Darling and Gordon Brown? 🤔

• Sick
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21

Platypusfattypus

VIP Member
I hate the tories, really do. Yet the other day I found myself eyeing up Raab and reckoning he'd be quite good in bed. That and me actually agreeing with piers Morgan and Jeremy Hunt (ffs) has really got me wondering who I am anymore. I'm lost.

• Haha

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
We’re nearly on thread #28 and god love the fucker who comes here in five years and reads this all back. 🤦‍♀️

psych departments will use these threads in the future to study how the public react during a pandemic.
we’re all probably gonna be locked in the ward beside said department, especially those of you that fancy the No. 10 crew 😐

• Haha

MakeMineADouble

VIP Member
Self confessed curtain twitcher here 🙋🏻‍♀️ (Ok, extreme confession...not quite curtain twitcher). But I have to admit it boils my piss when I see people going on family days out to the local supermarket, or when I hear of people having parties etc. I know it shouldn’t concern me but it gets on my tits 🤣 I’m also the sort of person that gets unnecessary road rage and throw the wanker signs at people that don’t thank me for letting them out a T Junction. So I think I just have anger issues all round 🤷🏻‍♀️ and a right nosey cow too 😊

• Haha
Reactions: 20

50sGirl

VIP Member
Sorry to bring the mood down, but just been told that dialysis patients must now shield until 30th June and letters are on the way.
So that’s another 2 months on top of the almost 2 months he’s already had.
I know it’s to keep him safe, and we will follow the guidelines, but I just want to give my dad a hug and spend some time with him. 😔

• Sad
  • Wow

Moe

VIP Member
I feel for all of you having an awful time. The last week has been pretty shit for me too and it wasn’t just because that seagull flew off with my 20 silk cut. Some people have been so kind to me and others absolute twats.
Hold on in there everyone sending you hugs x

• Heart

caitlinbullen

VIP Member
Faith in humans is fully restored today! My kids have had a clear out so a few days ago we popped a large box at the end of our driveway filled with amazing stuff old tat with a sign saying to help yourself and a small ‘honesty box’ saying ‘Any money raised will go towards a day out once this is all over’.

Someone left £10 yesterday in pound coins...and didn’t even take any of the toys or games. Honestly....my kids were SO excited!!

Off topic, but do you reckon the day out could be a spa day for one? *Asking for a friend*

• Heart
  • Haha

50sGirl

VIP Member
that was how i felt when they tried to push a rushed swine flu vaccine on the under 5s in 2009.
i felt unsure and happened to visit Drs with my daughter for something unrelated. A locum was taking the surgery that day. i said i had conserns about the vaccination as it seemed to have been made so quickly (id done some research too ..some people came down with Guillan Barr syndrome after having it) , he said as a NHS dr the advice is to vaccinate etc,,as i went to leave he said speaking now as a parent my children didnt have it! my mind was 100% made up then. no vaccine for my daughter
I watched a documentary a couple of years ago about a town where loads of teenagers suddenly developed narcolepsy.
They couldn’t work out the cause at first. After investigating they discovered they’d all had the swine flu vaccine.

I am pro vaccine but only once they’ve been thoroughly tested. I feel this will be rushed out so I am truly conflicted.

• Heart

Alightened

VIP Member
I can just see it now...it'll be bloody bedlam. Parents trying to drop their kids off at school whilst trying to stay a safe distance apart. The kids not giving a shit and all running to their friends without a care in the world.

Then comes pick up time, and all parents are stood in a line 2 metres apart stretching right back 3 streets away. Once inside the school gates all standing there talking in loud voices to each other because they can't hear what Sandra is saying 12 metres away. Out come the kids all huddled together and not giving a shit. 😂😂😂.

It'll be fun, there's no doubt about that. 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 19

Bobbleowl90

VIP Member
pessimistic bitch alert but there really will be no way out of this until there’s a vaccine,
it‘s a hard pill to swallow but I don’t think we’re going to get anywhere close to “normal” this year.

it’s gonna be a long summer.
I just don’t see how we can live this way - the country will go bankrupt and everybody will be skint. If that happens then I can see more people dying from depression and poverty than the virus.

Kermy5

I don't consider myself a conspiracy theorist because I question what an injection may contain before I consent to it. I think that comes down to self preservation. If you 100% trust that the pharmaceutical companies, the government and health professionals have your best interests and health at heart, by all means take a vaccine. However if you have any suspicions that pharmaceutical companies that supply the government and health professionals, are profiteering from making or keeping you sick then you might want to do some research. It definitely won't be written into their company policy but you may be want to follow the money. I know this sounds 'out there', but let's face it, big pharmaceutical companies do make a lot of money from people being sick, they're not charities! Some people have a problem with the ingredients in vaccines and how they are developed, it might be worth having a look at what they contain and seeing if you're happy it. As for the controlling aspect you could start with Bill Gates' ID2020 and what they are proposing.
I'm not having a go at conspiracy theories I just genuinely wondered how we could be controlled by a vaccine. So by keeping us ill apparently.
Not getting into the whole anti vaxxer thing here, I'm very much pro vaccine.
I do want to know who the fuck let Bill Gates act like he has any medical knowledge though when he couldn't even stop viruses on Windows.

• Haha

hnoz

VIP Member
Like I said I heard it on the radio then read that post I haven't checked ! but I'm sure if it's true we'll know soon enough....Do you not find it strange considering the length of time they've been researching this thing ,that no Scientist anywhere in the world is any further forward in working this virus out ..They're actually coming up with more question marks than full stops..
No, because that actually isn't true. This virus is very new, it was only reported to the world on 31 December. In that time they have identified the make-up of the virus, learned a lot about the way it works, the incubation period, how it affects the body and started work on a vaccine. You keep making these claims recently that are totally unfounded. Identifying the structure of a virus often takes a lot longer than this. We are only 4 months in and a lot has been learned about this already so no it isn't strange at all because "no scientist anywhere in the world is any further along" is just nonsense.
A lot has been achieved in a short space of time, it isn't all doom and gloom!

Youtubegossip

VIP Member
Am I the only one who thought that the whole country seemed to have relaxed after Easter weekend? Busy roads, people having parties, friends over, boyfriends over that weren’t before etc...
All the ones whinging that lockdown should have happened sooner are the ones who now are bored of it.
That’s why it wasn’t announced sooner, because the British adult population are like 5 year olds who want to do the opposite of whatever they are told it seems

• Heart
Reactions: 18

50sGirl

VIP Member
One of my friends sent me this. I was of the mindset “we are all in the same boat” but this has made me think differently.

30F3FC63-E8CC-4BFD-97C9-537C36A6AF03.jpeg

I’m also having a down day today, just want to go back to bed and pull the covers over my head.
Instead I’m going to have a shower and wash my hair and have a little blub in there if I want to. Then afterwards I’ll paint on a happy face again.

• Heart

Ciechoslava

The whole new illness in children thing seems really odd to me! We haven't heard about this from any other countries who are weeks ahead of us in the pandemic and it just seems strange that the closer its getting to next lockdown review now thats coming out.. it wouldn't surprise me if the news got released to scare people and make us stay at home more and to have an excuse not to open up the schools when non essential businesses open up again. Very strange. There has been no reports of this illness coming from China which i know isnt the most reliable source of data or information however i think at this point it would be apparent that children are getting poorly around the world. Almost 5 months in since the first case of covid 19 (or probably about 8-9 months since the real actual first case)
Just seems strange to me!