Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #27

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
that was how i felt when they tried to push a rushed swine flu vaccine on the under 5s in 2009.
i felt unsure and happened to visit Drs with my daughter for something unrelated. A locum was taking the surgery that day. i said i had conserns about the vaccination as it seemed to have been made so quickly (id done some research too ..some people came down with Guillan Barr syndrome after having it) , he said as a NHS dr the advice is to vaccinate etc,,as i went to leave he said speaking now as a parent my children didnt have it! my mind was 100% made up then. no vaccine for my daughter
I watched a documentary a couple of years ago about a town where loads of teenagers suddenly developed narcolepsy.
They couldn’t work out the cause at first. After investigating they discovered they’d all had the swine flu vaccine.

I am pro vaccine but only once they’ve been thoroughly tested. I feel this will be rushed out so I am truly conflicted.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I’ve pretty much come to terms with the fact I’m going to be in the house until next year.
I have Crohn’s disease and have been in a flare up for about 2 years so my GP and consultant decided I needed to shield completely in the extremely vulnerable group.

I don’t know what’s worse, being completely indoors (no garden) for months on end, being told I have to do it because I’m at risk of dying if I catch it or being classed as in the 2% of most vulnerable people in the UK. I hate being called extremely vulnerable.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
I knew someone who had aplastic anemia he had a bone morrow transplant which left him extremely vulnerable ,but his parents were allowed to take him outside for a few hours with him wearing a mask etc .So I'm thinking maybe they'll come up with some kind of PPE for the vulnerable group, so they can at least get outside for short periods of time..

Reactions: 7
To quote the popular meme....

Feel like pure tit, just want him back. 😕

trump.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
It is boring without him but you can always bash Boris tomorrow:D

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I’ve pretty much come to terms with the fact I’m going to be in the house until next year.
I have Crohn’s disease and have been in a flare up for about 2 years so my GP and consultant decided I needed to shield completely in the extremely vulnerable group.

I don’t know what’s worse, being completely indoors (no garden) for months on end, being told I have to do it because I’m at risk of dying if I catch it or being classed as in the 2% of most vulnerable people in the UK. I hate being called extremely vulnerable.
My husband is like you crohns and shielding as on imraldi and azathiaprine. I’ve said to him some say could be indoors until next year. He just wants to go back to work when it reopens. I’ve just managed this weekend to get online shopping delivered, im so worried of getting it

Reactions: 1
Reassuring to see we are the only ones going up 😳

We were sent work from school to see us through to September. Schools close here in June rather than July so I don’t anticipate ours being back

In Belgium (or maybe Netherlands?!) they’ve said they are starting kids back but only 10 in a classroom at a time. So no child will be in full time education, I’m wondering if we will model on that? They’ll all do half weeks?
This could POSSIBLY work on primary. Max 10 kids in per day, per class. They spread out in the classroom. But it absolutely WOULD NOT work on a secondary school where pupils move from lesson to lesson every hour and where there's 1700 kids.... They would need to only have say 300 kids on at a time maybe... Shudder.

I know we need to find a new normal as a vaccine won't be available for maybe a year but as a high risk teachers it really scares me just thinking about it all...

Ok I know this is slightly off topic and I am in his own forum as he drives me mad but I'm fed up of people acting like Joe Wicks is some sort of Saint during this.

Saying what he is doing is amazing. He has always had free content online and the reason he does that is it gets him views on his you tube and instrgram etc and gets him followers to buy his books, workout plans, cookwear etc

He is donating the money from the PE live videos to the NHS but it's only from these videos not all his videos. His followers have gone from 800,000 to over 2 million so he will be making significant money on his channel. Most schools are listing it as PE in home schooling either the lives or his other videos he has for kids. So he is getting huge traffic just sent his way. He isn't even doing PE it's just his same HITT workouts which aren't the best for young kids.

He killed himself promoting it across the world and was desperate to get a million live views (which he didn't) and he has been beside himself talking about how many viewers he is getting and asking people what it is about him that inspires them etc

He also put his online plan half price and announced on Instagram that it has been the busiest week they have ever had and he has sold a record number of plans.

There are so many people giving out free content just now from fitness to concerts to shows etc and I haven't seen them getting anywhere near the praise he has and is clearly cashing in on it all bigtime ! There is even talk of him getting a TV show out of it.

So yes if I see one more thing calling for him to be bloody knighted I may throw my phone out the window 👍😬🍷
Got to disagree with you. I love him. He's worked bloody she's to get where he is (I've followed him for a long time). He used to run a bootcamp with a bike and a trailer and it would rain and nobody would turn up so he'd hand out leaflets at tube stations). I really think it's time people learnt about nutrition and exercise and weren't just fed Slimming World/Weight Watchers type dad diet bollocks...

So what if he's gained a lot of revenue from doing his PE workouts? He's a businessman. It IS possible to earn money for yourself but have a conscious and help people on the process..

Also he's fit and he's has a picture perfect family. Big fan here - sorry not sorry!!

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
I watched a documentary a couple of years ago about a town where loads of teenagers suddenly developed narcolepsy.
They couldn’t work out the cause at first. After investigating they discovered they’d all had the swine flu vaccine.

I am pro vaccine but only once they’ve been thoroughly tested. I feel this will be rushed out so I am truly conflicted.
Absolutely this. I’m fully vaccinated as are my children and I believe in them 100 percent but once it’s been properly tested and proven. Everybody is so keen to get a vaccine I’m scared they’re rushing it. Also even if it appears safe now how can you know effects in five years time. But then getting the virus is like playing Russian roulette. Chances are I’ll be fine but there’s that small chance I’ll take the bullet. We’ve been talking this weekend about writing letters for the children just in case. We have a will and life insurance but I’d want my children to have a letter from me but it makes me cry just thinking about writing it.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
I think they have hired Carole Baskin as media relations consultant 😶

fake news...I’m too busy looking after my Kittycats y’all!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
If they don't open schools till September are we likely to have another wave then? If so, surely that will mean they'll have to go into another lockdown right after their education has started up again? Not to mention it's right before flu season starts.

Got to disagree with you. I love him. He's worked bloody she's to get where he is (I've followed him for a long time). He used to run a bootcamp with a bike and a trailer and it would rain and nobody would turn up so he'd hand out leaflets at tube stations). I really think it's time people learnt about nutrition and exercise and weren't just fed Slimming World/Weight Watchers type dad diet bollocks...

So what if he's gained a lot of revenue from doing his PE workouts? He's a businessman. It IS possible to earn money for yourself but have a conscious and help people on the process..

Also he's fit and he's has a picture perfect family. Big fan here - sorry not sorry!!
If you watch him you must realise that his eating habits are nothing to emulate. He constantly binges and then works out obsessively to counter act it. He tried to follow his own plan recently and failed after 6 days. He constantly eats Gusto which he is an investor in that's not attainable for a lots of people due to cost.

He preaches on parenting but if you follow his parenting page he has some very questionable ideas with food for his toddler and I really don't think they are picture perfect parents (who is though)

I used to like him but he has changed over the last few years.

Fine if he wants to make money on his business but I wish he and lots of others wouldn't make out like he was some sort of saviour saving the world and doing it all out if the goodness of his heart.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I suppose it's wait and see with other countries as to when and how bad a second wave will be. I've got it in my head there will be a second wave but that is based on no facts at all.
I'm personally not ready for them to consider lifting lockdown yet, around here the roads are a little busier but people seem to be adhering to the rules. I suppose i dont want lockdown lifted as i dont want my children to have to return to school this academic year at least.

I really hope this virus and all the conspiracy theories around it don’t make anti vax as prevalent here as it is in the US. It looks like it is going that way though.

This could POSSIBLY work on primary. Max 10 kids in per day, per class. They spread out in the classroom. But it absolutely WOULD NOT work on a secondary school where pupils move from lesson to lesson every hour and where there's 1700 kids.... They would need to only have say 300 kids on at a time maybe... Shudder.
My daughter's year only have 6, they are taught in the cloakroom so the 2m wouldn't work. They have to put them in with another class or maybe the school hall

If you watch him you must realise that his eating habits are nothing to emulate. He constantly binges and then works out obsessively to counter act it. He tried to follow his own plan recently and failed after 6 days. He constantly eats Gusto which he is an investor in that's not attainable for a lots of people due to cost.

He preaches on parenting but if you follow his parenting page he has some very questionable ideas with food for his toddler and I really don't think they are picture perfect parents (who is though)

I used to like him but he has changed over the last few years.

Fine if he wants to make money on his business but I wish he and lots of others wouldn't make out like he was some sort of saviour saving the world and doing it all out if the goodness of his heart.
I don't follow or watch him, but I know of him from friends. He's an opportunist, he found a gap in the current market and he is using it to make money,why not in this current climate it anyone else could make extra money doing their job I bet they would. I am doing my own pe lessons with my kids so I haven't done any of his sessions, but good on him for making something out of this tit time.

Reactions: 3
I don't follow or watch him, but I know of him from friends. He's an opportunist, he found a gap in the current market and he is using it to make money,why not in this current climate it anyone else could make extra money doing their job I bet they would. I am doing my own pe lessons with my kids so I haven't done any of his sessions, but good on him for making something out of this tit time.
Again fine but people need to stop saying he deserves a knighthood.

We have a local PE teacher doing lives here and the kids love them fun active games. He is truly doing it for free and no one suggesting he needs a knighthood.

Also others seen to be making money out of this is situation are being called out but it seems to be the opposite for Joe.

Reactions: 15
Yes the swine flu vaccine was rushed. That's no conspiracy theory for sure, it's a fact that some people who had it suffered with brain damage.

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.