Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Jellycat99

Having a down day here too, lockdown is messing with my mental health more than I thought it would.
My house is a mess, my kids are little arseholes and I'm *this* close to a breakdown (y)

• Sad
Reactions: 15

MakeMineADouble

VIP Member
First BoJo gets the ‘rona, then his partner drops her sprog and gives birth to Boris’ 37th child. I reckon Raab is a quivering wreck rocking backwards and forwards in the corner wondering what’s next.

• Haha
  • Heart

SpookyLumberjack

VIP Member
I was offered an interview today for a job I applied for with a v.well known national company about 7 weeks ago (I got through the phone interview and I was told I'd been successful but the next round would be delayed. Weeks later I was told I didn't get the job as it'd been filled, this one today was a different position they wanted to see if I was interested in)...

Today they invited me for a face to face interview to take place tomorrow.
I'm really shocked. I asked what they were doing in terms of making it safe/social distancing and they told me only one person would be with me and they'd wipe down the desk/keyboard (there's a written test involved) after every person had been interviewed. I'd have to travel into the city (I haven't been on a bus since lockdown, choosing to walk to the supermarket if I need to even though it's not close, I'm being incredibly careful socially distancing and only going out for essentials and a walk very early in the morning) and I'd have to go to a building with a load of other people being interviewed one after the other. I'm just really surprised at the whole thing! I got the feeling they desperately need people so this is why they're contacting people who'd previously applied and were rushing to interview, but given the company it is...I'm unimpressed.

Last edited:
  • Wow

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
And?
Vulnerable people have more than enough in place to be able to get delivery slots and things delivered to them.
If the slots online are available to you and me, then she should be able to use them without curtain twitchers getting so worked up about it.

Mind your own business.
Why on earth are you so bothered about it? Surely to god you've got yourself and your own family to worry about.
I am so over curtain twitchers.... 🤣😂🤣😂
When did this become a national sport, just get on with your own shit and let others get on with theirs.

unless it’s something that’s seriously impacting others I don’t know how it helps getting frustrated and gossiping over what Brenda from No. 18 is doing.

• Haha

Notothefakes

VIP Member
Self confessed curtain twitcher here 🙋🏻‍♀️ (Ok, extreme confession...not quite curtain twitcher). But I have to admit it boils my piss when I see people going on family days out to the local supermarket, or when I hear of people having parties etc. I know it shouldn’t concern me but it gets on my tits 🤣 I’m also the sort of person that gets unnecessary road rage and throw the wanker signs at people that don’t thank me for letting them out a T Junction. So I think I just have anger issues all round 🤷🏻‍♀️ and a right nosey cow too 😊
I was that road rage person until my then three year old got into his toy car beeped his horn and yelled an expletive 😂 soon changed my ways then 😂

• Haha

monga

VIP Member
Two kids stabbed to death in London Boy 3 and a 1yr old girl lockdown fever again maybe :(

• Sad
  • Wow

Squarehole

VIP Member
I don't follow or watch him, but I know of him from friends. He's an opportunist, he found a gap in the current market and he is using it to make money,why not in this current climate it anyone else could make extra money doing their job I bet they would. I am doing my own pe lessons with my kids so I haven't done any of his sessions, but good on him for making something out of this shit time.
Again fine but people need to stop saying he deserves a knighthood.

We have a local PE teacher doing lives here and the kids love them fun active games. He is truly doing it for free and no one suggesting he needs a knighthood.

Also others seen to be making money out of this is situation are being called out but it seems to be the opposite for Joe.

Bobbleowl90

VIP Member
Hey. Sorry if this isn’t the place to do so but I really need to vent. I’m so upset and having sleepless nights. My partner is on unpaid leave. I’m on stat maternity pay. We have no idea when he will return to work and woke up this morning to find out we aren’t entitled to universal credits either. I feel so down. I feel like I’m failing my baby. I dread each day because it’s like Groundhog Day and I want to buy things to do in home, but without any money coming in then I know we have to save every penny.
My dad has offered to pay half of my OH wage every month, but he’s retired and not exactly swimming in cash himself so I don’t want that. I don’t want to rely on my dad.
sorey. I don’t know the point in this really but I don’t have anybody to turn to. My friends have suggested I go back to work early but my baby is 4 months, irs time I’ll never get back and Idon’t Want to leave him yet. Plus I work in a hospital and don’t want to go there. I’m just so fed up and needed to get it out to people who haven’t heard it before. 😢

• Sad
Reactions: 14

Titntat

VIP Member
Yep schools for me. If it were safe. But not sure how anything is going to be safe safe for a long time anyway. But yes schools! Not just for my sake but for my children. They need that stimulation that I just can’t and to some extent don’t want to provide them. I like that this has given them (my son with additional needs particularly) breathing space but now it’s mummy’s turn for breathing space 😂
Another vote for schools here. Imagine, dropping your kids off. Coming back and chilling in PEACE. Oh shit, got a 9 month old to, forgot about her 😂😂

• Haha

grumpy-nosy-cow

VIP Member
I did ask my husband the other day if he’ll have it when it’s available and he said yes why wouldn’t you. Because it’s brand new and you can’t know long term side effects. I don’t have the flu vaccine. I’ve had flu once in my life and I got swine flu in 2009 I think it was. But then do I want the risks of not taking it. Passing onto members of my family etc. Once I’ve had it I can get back to life as normal. I’ve had my children. We are 100 percent done (except hubby’s vasectomy was cancelled as a none urgent op ..... please it’s urgent you don’t need anymore children with his genes unleashed on the world 😂)
that was how i felt when they tried to push a rushed swine flu vaccine on the under 5s in 2009.
i felt unsure and happened to visit Drs with my daughter for something unrelated. A locum was taking the surgery that day. i said i had conserns about the vaccination as it seemed to have been made so quickly (id done some research too ..some people came down with Guillan Barr syndrome after having it) , he said as a NHS dr the advice is to vaccinate etc,,as i went to leave he said speaking now as a parent my children didnt have it! my mind was 100% made up then. no vaccine for my daughter

idk2

VIP Member
I know I'm late but its been a rough morning. I physically couldn't leave my bed today until 5pm, I had absolutely no will for it. Luckily I found a book to read on iBooks about self motivation and getting on with it that gave me the big push to get up. Feel a lot better now that I've showered and put some make up on to make myself feel better!

Going back to Boris, I wish he would do something about his hair! Its so messy all the time, its nice when its cut short like in his Twitter picture! Why does no one ever comment on this?!

• Heart

Mabellovestea

VIP Member
When do you think lockdown will lift?

My eldest is 18 at the end of May. She said she will just be happy if she can have a McDonalds on her big day haha. One thing lockdown has given us is gratitude, we appreciate the little things.

Alightened

VIP Member
I can't wait to not have to play hokey cokey when you meet someone out on your walk, guessing whether they're going to move over or you are😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart

carebear123

I really hope theres some lockdown measures lifted I have one of my parents funeral in may and at the moment only 10 people are allowed 😕I've lost two family members already to this virus and I'm worried sick who is going to be next.i wish people would listen and then we can try get rid of this all quicker and see our family ect

• Sad

mummy2under2

VIP Member
meanwhile vulnerable people cant get the slots
And?
Vulnerable people have more than enough in place to be able to get delivery slots and things delivered to them.
If the slots online are available to you and me, then she should be able to use them without curtain twitchers getting so worked up about it.

Mind your own business.
Why on earth are you so bothered about it? Surely to god you've got yourself and your own family to worry about.

MakeMineADouble

VIP Member
I have a 3yr old and he’s going bonkers being at home with Disney+. Can’t wait to throw him out of the car window into nursery, and then do a donut out the car park and screech off into the sunset
Absolutely pissing myself at this hahahahahaha! Same my friend 👊🏻

• Haha
I’ve pretty much come to terms with the fact I’m going to be in the house until next year.
I have Crohn’s disease and have been in a flare up for about 2 years so my GP and consultant decided I needed to shield completely in the extremely vulnerable group.

I don’t know what’s worse, being completely indoors (no garden) for months on end, being told I have to do it because I’m at risk of dying if I catch it or being classed as in the 2% of most vulnerable people in the UK. I hate being called extremely vulnerable.

• Sad