Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #27

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jeez their all stumbling over their words today, I was shouting out next slide for them 😬
What happened to the public questions tonight then?

Reactions: 2
Ive just finished afterlife season 2 i think i needed that cry couldnt stop crying in the last 2 episodes so many emotions if you need to watch something to have a cry and grief 😭

• Sad
Reactions: 8
I thought German schools were to open May 5th ?
Raab said at the press conference that Merkel has said they may have to lockdown again as cases have gone up again since they relaxed their lockdown measures.

Jeez their all stumbling over their words today, I was shouting out next slide for them 😬
What happened to the public questions tonight then?
I saw it on the screen as he went to the first journalist so he obviously forgot about the public question!

• Sad
There's over 1,000,000 confirmed cases in US now it has doubled in the past 2 weeks ....are we even any further forward ? it just seems to be doing a full circle and coming back it's sickening...

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I just saw a London hospital so no idea ! but someone said some hospitals are letting partners attend ...( not that I wouldn't think they'd be the exception to the rule or anything)..
Hospitals are allowing birth partners, they just hand to leave after the birth

We've one of the highest death rates in the world and we are still asking when we are relaxing lock down. Why aren't they saying "we are not".

I feel a bit hopeless after watching this. Even Raab isn't doing it for me today

• Sad
Reactions: 13
Stupid question, are we the only country to have only just accounted for care home deaths? Are we assuming other countries are accurate?

Reactions: 3
Has anybody heard anything about a change in who they class as high risk? My boyfriend just came off FaceTime to his dad who is shielding as he has heart disease but apparently they have took that off the high risk category and he has to go back to work after furlough has ended which is 6 weeks. I find that really hard to believe, as his mum and brother will also go back to work as they no longer have somebody in the house as high risk

• Wow
Stupid question, are we the only country to have only just accounted for care home deaths? Are we assuming other countries are accurate?
According to their graph the only countries they're not sure includes care home deaths are USA and Spain.

According to their graph the only countries they're not sure includes care home deaths are USA and Spain.
Thank you! Only a few weeks ago it was hard to believe we would even touch Italy’s figures and we are on track to completely bypass them.

Is anyone else not shocked by the 26,000?
It's actually considerably lower than I thought it was going to be.
I've become so desensitised to death numbers, it's ridiculous.

Reactions: 12
Am I the only one who thought that the whole country seemed to have relaxed after Easter weekend? Busy roads, people having parties, friends over, boyfriends over that weren’t before etc...
All the ones whinging that lockdown should have happened sooner are the ones who now are bored of it.
That’s why it wasn’t announced sooner, because the British adult population are like 5 year olds who want to do the opposite of whatever they are told it seems

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Is anyone else not shocked by the 26,000?
It's actually considerably lower than I thought it was going to be.
I've become so desensitised to death numbers, it's ridiculous.
Considering how vulnerable people are who live in care homes, plus the logistics of how close they all are, it’s considerably lower than I expected that it would be!

Considering how vulnerable people are who live in care homes, plus the logistics of how close they all are, it’s considerably lower than I expected that it would be!
I think many care home residents who would have contracted coronavirus would have been hospitalised so deaths would have been registered already. My dad was in a home and then got the virus, died in hospital so his death was registered. My friends dad works in a carehome, 12 residents passed away and I believe 8 of those were hospitalised. So although many many deaths would have been care home residents, I think we can assume many have already been registered.

pessimistic witch alert but there really will be no way out of this until there’s a vaccine,
it‘s a hard pill to swallow but I don’t think we’re going to get anywhere close to “normal” this year.

it’s gonna be a long summer.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
pessimistic witch alert but there really will be no way out of this until there’s a vaccine,
it‘s a hard pill to swallow but I don’t think we’re going to get anywhere close to “normal” this year.

I just don’t see how we can live this way - the country will go bankrupt and everybody will be skint. If that happens then I can see more people dying from depression and poverty than the virus.

Reactions: 19

We have been warned today that working from home is very probable until summer next year 😖 granted, I work for a business where it’s easy to work from home but man I miss the tossers I work with.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.