Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have to post things for my business, am I okay to go to the post office or do I close up completely?
Probably best to close. If anyone has paid for stuff you need to send, refund them. Standing in a post office puts you and others at risk. :(

Reactions: 3
These are in mass production to keep people off the street's (if they don't work nothing will):oops: 😂
74408274_1206983319511687_3707281603718807552_n.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Probably best to close. If anyone has paid for stuff you need to send, refund them. Standing in a post office puts you and others at risk. :(
There is never anyone else there so I’m not standing there. If only the government would looks after the self employed!!

I managed to grab the last Pack yesterday and my monthly arrived today. I prefer tampons but only have Super + so needs must.
I’ve heard really good things about Mooncups. Haven’t tried myself and may have been said, I’m catching up.

Reactions: 2
You're right about the air pollution in that region of Italy, but Spain's figures are on track to be similar and they dont have the same hotbeds of pollution so there's more at play.

We don't know yet but with how people are still mixing when Italy shut down areas when they had less fatalities than we do now, we sure are different.

We only have 2% less people over 70 in the UK compared to Italy.

Seeing as our hospitals are less equipped than northern Italian ones I don't share your optimism. But we'll soon know
There is also some debate about the recording of deaths from Italy. There is some suggestion that every death in hospitals is being recorded as a coronavirus death.

I'm sorry if this is a bit TMI... however, I wish people would stop panic buying. I'm really concerned about where I'm going to buy pads. Can't find any anywhere & everywhere is sold out... :(
Have you tried Poundland? Got some in there the other day. Plenty in x

I'm sorry if this is a bit TMI... however, I wish people would stop panic buying. I'm really concerned about where I'm going to buy pads. Can't find any anywhere & everywhere is sold out... :(
I doubt it's still open but The Range had loads last week.

Have you tried all the little corner shops around? They are being neglected by the panic buyers here. I hope you find some. I managed to find some but it took me forever.

Reactions: 1
National Trust have closed their parks and gardens.
C394B291-57B3-4729-BAF9-DDB246D7572A.jpeg

This is near me and where I sometimes take mine and my clients dogs. On Thursday it was dead at 9 o’clock and the picture is today.

People who don’t usually/have no need to go for walks are all out in force, when they could simply walk around the road for 15/20 minutes

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
i would stay put , can you really sustain staying inside in a chalet ..if you get ill might not be room for you. There’s no place like home
i think id stay at home unless i lived in london then id move to the chalet for the rest of this horrid time if you are able to live there. but also bear in mind lots if ppl are saying how small the hospitals are.

Reactions: 2
We have a family chalet in Cornwall: we were thinking of still going on our Easter break down there for a week.

It’s in a place that has the most enormous expansive beaches, it’s not particularly popular like eg st ives, polzeath etc, and we barely bump into people during the high season as it is. we’d just take our supplies for the week, hole up in the chalet and be self-catering for the entire time.

Thoughts?
im in the lake district at the moment. Was booked months ago for my 40th birthday. We weren’t going to go but it was paid for When it was booked. We had booked a cottage so after ringing the hotel who manages the property and asking for advice. They told me that it’s a remote cottage and if I wanted to isolate myself there I could. We did have complementary meal within the hotel booked tomorrow due to them messing up the booking but I told them I now felt uncomfortable doing that so when we arrived at the cottage on Friday we had a fully stocked fridge with wine etc instead of going to the restaurant. They did not have to do this so it was really appreciated. We have spent the weekend at the cottage and have explored the area. We kept our distance from people. However due to spending the weekend upset over other issues and then I started to cough today - we have decided to travel back home tomorrow instead of Monday. I have not enjoyed it in the slightest with all the worry. However if you think you can keep a distance from people then I cant see the issue. However if Boris orders a complete lockdown then I am concerned about being away from home so that’s why I am going home a day early x

Reactions: 9
On a slightly different note do any of you live in a seaside/holiday/tourist area and have seen an influx of people? I have a friend that lives in Bournemouth he says it’s like a bank holiday with lots of visitors. You couldn’t make it up could you.
Barry Island was packed. Although on the beach they kept their distance

Reactions: 1
im in the lake district at the moment. Was booked months ago for my 40th birthday. We weren’t going to go but it was paid for When it was booked. We had booked a cottage so after ringing the hotel who manages the property and asking for advice. They told me that it’s a remote cottage and if I wanted to isolate myself there I could. We did have complementary meal within the hotel booked tomorrow due to them messing up the booking but I told them I now felt uncomfortable doing that so when we arrived at the cottage on Friday we had a fully stocked fridge with wine etc instead of going to the restaurant. They did not have to do this so it was really appreciated. We have spent the weekend at the cottage and have explored the area. We kept our distance from people. However due to spending the weekend upset over other issues and then I started to cough today - we have decided to travel back home tomorrow instead of Monday. I have not enjoyed it in the slightest with all the worry. However if you think you can keep a distance from people then I cant see the issue. However if Boris orders a complete lockdown then I am concerned about being away from home so that’s why I am going home a day early x
i would be concerned at who had stayed there b4 me and did they have it

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.