Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am one of those people like your dad,. But I have stayed in today. I do not do well being kept in, it's bad for my mental health. I went into my small back yard today for a little while and I opened all of the windows, gave my son's and husband's blankets and turned the heating up. Out of all of this being kept in scares me more than anything. I don't like feeling trapped. I understand you have a fear of this disease and that is obviously justified but remember there are also people struggling too.
Sorry to quote the wrong person. I meant the person you replied too.

Reactions: 1
I think as we’re not testing enough the numbers of people who have it will be into the tens of thousands now x
Ah yes okay so the number of people WITH covid will be SO much higher yet obviously the death toll is accurate so that actually makes the % more positive X

Reactions: 8
As in.... It may be worse? Or better?
Better.... if it can be better. I think Patrick vallance a couple of days ago suggested the real figure of people with it was more like 50,000 so if you compare that with the death rate it isn’t as bad. No death is good at all. But I think there are so many more people with it in the Uk that just don’t know because they’ve messed up with the testing

Reactions: 5
I suspect tomorrow or Monday we’ll be put into lockdown. The sheer ignorance of so many people ruining it for everyone is astounding but it’s for the absolute best.

I’ve seen So many people on Instagram posting about meeting up with friends or family for birthdays or what not.
🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Better.... if it can be better. I think Patrick vallance a couple of days ago suggested the real figure of people with it was more like 50,000 so if you compare that with the death rate it isn’t as bad. No death is good at all. But I think there are so many more people with it in the Uk that just don’t know because they’ve messed up with the testing
I think it has to be true - they’re not exactly testing big numbers are they, the majority of us will never know for definite whether we had it or not (unless we get the test that Boris said is like a pregnancy test but with blood not urine to check whether we have the antibodies 😂) x

Reactions: 2
Ummmm you have no idea how some of us feel, you sound really really bitter. It's a way of the masses showing their appreciation in solidarity for those who are keeping our society together right now, albeit only by a round of applause. Italy done the same.
Here in spain we go out on the balconies at 8pm every single night and clap to say our thanks to the frontline workers. It's a single moment of unity in a day (now the 9th day) of isolation so i will keep on doing it. The isolation we are forced to keep here in spain is nothing like what is apparently like in the UK. We literally cannot leave our hones unless one of the very few accepted reasons. Many many people here do not have any outside space and it Lockdown is HARD. The clapping is not a 'Instagram moment's it's a very important part of social unity and positivity.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Just got off the phone with my friend (who has the symptoms) after a fairly short conversation as i've convinced her to get off the phone with me and call 111. She sounds terrible.
the bloke who was diagnosed (in hospital) is someone who she was helping last week, she said she bought him some shopping. So I'm very concerned for her now. And her poor son. She's going to try and take him to his Dads but she's completely distraught over being apart from him and his Dad isn't used to administrating any meds he needs. :'(

• Sad
Reactions: 9
The people that get an ICU space I feel will be the lucky ones. Sorry not trying to spread fear, but the north Italian hospitals are far more equipped than over here and they're totally overwhelmed.
ICU beds are a rarity here (I’m Lincolnshire)

Sorry does anyone else think this is just cringe and patronising ??
yeah please don’t do that. Bring us food and fruit instead.

Reactions: 14
I was meant to be seeing Trixie Mattel in May 😭❤
I’ve got jinkx in April, Addams family drag version in May. We were meant to be booking another one too. Jinkx already postponed 😩 luckily the queens come back fairly regularly to the UK x

Here in spain we go out on the balconies at 8pm every single night and clap to say our thanks to the frontline workers. It's a single moment of unity in a day (now the 9th day) of isolation so i will keep on doing it. The isolation we are forced to keep here in spain is nothing like what is apparently like in the UK. We literally cannot leave our hones unless one of the very few accepted reasons. Many many people here do not have any outside space and it Lockdown is HARD. The clapping is not a 'Instagram moment's it's a very important part of social unity and positivity.
do you mind if I ask what are the accepted reasons?

I think it has to be true - they’re not exactly testing big numbers are they, the majority of us will never know for definite whether we had it or not (unless we get the test that Boris said is like a pregnancy test but with blood not urine to check whether we have the antibodies 😂) x
Exactly so the death rate looks bad next to the number of people who have officially tested positive. There are people who think this has been in circulation longer than we realise as well. It was officially recognised dec 31st but the bbc did a report on a British man living in Wuhan who was ill in nov but it wasn’t officially diagnosed until Dec. But if that’s true surely people were travelling in and out of Wuhan would have been spreading it around. There’s just something off about it all. I don’t know what

Sorry does anyone else think this is just cringe and patronising ?? Just my opinion
I didn’t know what to think - half of me thinks it’s cringe and half of me thinks it would be disrespectful not to do it now that I’ve seen it 💁🏻‍♀️ And I’m sure the people who it’s actually for have a mix of opinions too. I’d definitely rather do something practical to help if I can do though. X

Reactions: 7
I suspect tomorrow or Monday we’ll be put into lockdown. The sheer ignorance of so many people ruining it for everyone is astounding but it’s for the absolute best.

I’ve seen So many people on Instagram posting about meeting up with friends or family for birthdays or what not.
🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️
My niece's birthday party went ahead today... Needless to say we did not attend 🙄

• Wow
I'll let John Lewis off, the photo was taken a year ago apparently. Sorry folks😁

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.