Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We can have a birthday party on here for you!
I keep saying we should have a separate thread on here for birthdays whilst isolating/social distancing “The Corona Birthday Bash!” Lol. I still can’t start threads so someone else will have to do it - that is if anyone thinks it’s a good idea.

Reactions: 9
We have a family chalet in Cornwall: we were thinking of still going on our Easter break down there for a week.

It’s in a place that has the most enormous expansive beaches, it’s not particularly popular like eg st ives, polzeath etc, and we barely bump into people during the high season as it is. we’d just take our supplies for the week, hole up in the chalet and be self-catering for the entire time.

Thoughts?

I keep saying we should have a separate thread on here for birthdays whilst isolating/social distancing “The Corona Birthday Bash!” Lol. I still can’t start threads so someone else will have to do it - that is if anyone thinks it’s a good idea.
yes! great idea there must be lots more of us with birthdays in the coming weeks

Reactions: 4
We have a family chalet in Cornwall: we were thinking of still going on our Easter break down there for a week.

It’s in a place that has the most enormous expansive beaches, it’s not particularly popular like eg st ives, polzeath etc, and we barely bump into people during the high season as it is. we’d just take our supplies for the week, hole up in the chalet and be self-catering for the entire time.

Thoughts?
NO. Just don't do it. Cornwall and Devon are becoming overwhelmed right now with people scooting off down there. Please don't go.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Still don't believe we will be overwhelmed in the same way as Italy. More and more information is available that explain the huge numbers out of the Lombardy region. A quick google search reveals a lot of relevant information. Main news channels are not explaining the detail on Italy, because, well because fear sells.

Italy in addition to having 60% of cases in a small geographical area

Has a high proportion of people over the age of 70
Has one of the largest percentage of smokers per capita in the world
Commonly has numerous generations of family living together
Lombardy is an industrial region and known for its air pollution

Our situation is not the same
Have you got a link for this please?

Reactions: 1

Thoughts?
I don't think you will have a choice as I suspect we will be in lockdown before then.

Also I think the advice is just stay at home. I'm guessing you would need to get petrol maybe ? And if you got ill while there what would you do ?

Reactions: 11
It is so hard. I have 2 boys- 3 and 6 years old. Luckily we have quite a big terrace so we can go out there and get some fresh air. But friends of mine in the city have literally 1 metre by 2 metre balcony and that is it. 9 days inside and with no end in sight. It is not a joke it is so bloody hard. My husband and i fight over whose turn it is to go and throw the bin out just because it will be the one and only chance to get out of the walls of the flat. So yeah after 24 hours locked in at 8pm that moment of everyone standing together in unity clapping and giving our thanks is far from cringe or cheesy it's so important to bring a community together.
I’m thinking of you so much. X

I have to post things for my business, am I okay to go to the post office or do I close up completely?

Reactions: 1
Still don't believe we will be overwhelmed in the same way as Italy. More and more information is available that explain the huge numbers out of the Lombardy region. A quick google search reveals a lot of relevant information. Main news channels are not explaining the detail on Italy, because, well because fear sells.

Italy in addition to having 60% of cases in a small geographical area

Has a high proportion of people over the age of 70
Has one of the largest percentage of smokers per capita in the world
Commonly has numerous generations of family living together
Lombardy is an industrial region and known for its air pollution

Our situation is not the same
You're right about the air pollution in that region of Italy, but Spain's figures are on track to be similar and they dont have the same hotbeds of pollution so there's more at play.

We don't know yet but with how people are still mixing when Italy shut down areas when they had less fatalities than we do now, we sure are different.

We only have 2% less people over 70 in the UK compared to Italy.

Seeing as our hospitals are less equipped than northern Italian ones I don't share your optimism. But we'll soon know

I'm sorry if this is a bit TMI... however, I wish people would stop panic buying. I'm really concerned about where I'm going to buy pads. Can't find any anywhere & everywhere is sold out... :(
superdrug have some online for click and collect if you have a store nearby

I also wondered about post office? I often go to the shop to post stuff too as you can drop off Hermès parcels there. I have a small online business and if I can’t do this I can’t run it. I have a full time job too though so I’d be fine but I just wondered.

Also another random thought and I know it’s not that important in the grand scheme but I’m guessing there will be a lot of cars with flat batteries at the end of a lockdown!?

Reactions: 2
Are you allowed in your garden? X
I don't have one! 😭

I have a teeny bog standard studio flat, but I do have big windows so won't complain and the rent is super cheap compared to London.

From my insta:

1584830396805.png

NB If anyone wants to do a #collaboration I'm open to influencing my 4 followers.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
😆

I expect Matt Hancock and his NHS pride badge to start appealing to members of a the public to 3d print ventilators next week 🤣😱
did anyone see in a newspaper today where a doctor (not in uk) had managed to join dome pipes together and one ventilator was providing air for i think 4 ppl.

Reactions: 14
I don't think you will have a choice as I suspect we will be in lockdown before then.

Also I think the advice is just stay at home. I'm guessing you would need to get petrol maybe ? And if you got ill while there what would you do ?
i would stay put , can you really sustain staying inside in a chalet ..if you get ill might not be room for you. There’s no place like home

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.