Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

EmmaB19

Interested to understand what you mean by becoming overwhelmed?
Basically, we have just one major hospital, that struggles to cope all year round. Every winter we’re usually on some sort of black alert, due to a bad mix of the elderly population, flu, only the one hospital to go to due to major gp cuts etc. Summer time is just as bad if not worse as we have a huge influx of tourists. Something most of us can appreciate but, our hospitals simply do not cope when there isn’t a pandemic.

So with our one small hospital already struggling, Corona has already had a huge impact. I think we’re currently at 20 confirmed cases with 4 deaths. (dont quote me on that mind, could have been updated).

We are really going to struggle with the amount of people our hospital serves with icu etc. as it is; (like reaaally going to struggle, I can’t even bare to think about it if people don’t start listening) and now, there’s people heading this way with caravans, cars filled with suitcases etc. & some businesses seem to be encouraging it for financial gain.

our hospitals are asking people to stay at home, local MPs are pleading to people to stay away and nobody seems to be paying attention 😩

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Fuming about the idiots who think they know better as not only are they prolonging it for everyone else, but risking their own families health. names should be taken and if they are unfortunate enough to need hospital care should not get priority over another who has followed the rules

• Heart
  • Sad

KateESJ

VIP Member
There’s no need to be patronising. It’s busy at Easter usually anyway. People are getting sick anyway, IF they are not practicing social-distancing. You can’t get it if you don’t come into contact with anyone else.

We are considering our options of sticking with existing holiday plans, being near the sea and wide open space is comforting and good for mental health.
I think when the question is “should I go to xyz or stay home?” The answer will always be stay home.

Luna~k

Just seen a segment on sky news about all the companies that are now going to be making ventilators. I think all the engineers and companies involved are absolutely amazing but it must be strange for them if they normally design and make cars to be suddenly making life saving equipment.

• Heart

Mizzdee

6 different families kids playing in the street, and the parents all chatting. I ordered a pizza, and am super paranoid about that! Although he rang the bell then stood 6 metres away for me to get my stuff out of the bag, he was wearing a mask I then emptied the box, put packaging in the bin, washed my hands!
I'm paranoid to even order takeaway, you don't know if someone has coughed whilst preparing it 🤷‍♀️ is that being over the top? 😩

Also this picture made me lol

Attachments

• Haha

Looboo

Chatty Member
Last week - ‘vulnerable people must stay home for 12 weeks

This week - ‘we best send them a letter too actually’

Is that really all that’s just been announced!?

• Haha

caitlinbullen

VIP Member
Oooh, I use Colour Effects (Superdrug £1) and its really good. Makes the grey look like highlights if you go darker. 😊 Lasts ages too.
Man this thread messes with my head more than any other. It goes from scary data (500 dead in a day etc.) and deadly serious conversations, to hair dye recommendations and poultry-carrying blow-up dolls.
My brain and emotions are like 🤪🤯😳

• Haha
  • Heart

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Just to add something positive....

I’m not going to Cornwall 🙂
You’re welcome Cornwall. 🙂

• Haha
  • Heart

HideTheHunter

Interested to understand what you mean by becoming overwhelmed?
Oh ok, well lemme explain...…. it basically means that lots and lots of people who don't live there, are deciding that now would be a really good time to go visit because they think that being by the seaside will help keep them safe from this nasty bug going around. Y'know, sea air and all that malarky. So that area is getting very very busy now, and lots of people (including the locals who do already live there as their "forever" home) are getting sick, and the hospitals - like everywhere else - are struggling to cope. This is known as Being Overwhelmed.

We are in two minds about it. I listened to that Dr Jack audio earlier; basically staying inside is what will prevent the spread. So I’m just thinking we can stay inside here, or we can stay inside at the chalet. We would have no contact with other people either way.
Then why are you going?

• Heart
  • Sad

eSsExBiRd

VIP Member
nice to see my neighbours adhering to social isolation. 2 lots have just had family turn up including babies and children. Dumb fucks like this are why we’ll be in lockdown 🙄😡🤦🏻‍♀️

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 16

Bostonx

VIP Member
Isn't it enough that the Cornish prime-minister is begging people not to visit. I'm really confused why you'd even ask wether you should still go but I'm even more confused than when everyone's said no you've just made excuses. You don't want opinions, you've clearly made up your mind by disregarding what everyone's saying & having a tantrum.

grumpycat

VIP Member
Thankfully he’s only 13 months so he doesn’t mind. Doesn’t look too bad actually now it’s dried a bit. At least he can see now 😂
my mum cut my sons a few months back and he ended up looking like Lord farquad from shrek 😂🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha

Somerville12

VIP Member
How's the eff is bloody numpty Trump still being allowed, unchallenged to call it the " Chinese virus" instead of its proper medical name!!!! He did again today in his pod speech...words fail me honestly... Him being in charge of the USA has never been more scary. There is no scientific evidence yet as to exactly where it first biologically emerged and will prob be impossible to ever ascertain for certain. Fucking scary, arrogant, arsehole whose lack of intelligence or ability to listen or take advice from scientific medical experts is truly truly frightening.

• Angry