Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Here in spain we go out on the balconies at 8pm every single night and clap to say our thanks to the frontline workers. It's a single moment of unity in a day (now the 9th day) of isolation so i will keep on doing it. The isolation we are forced to keep here in spain is nothing like what is apparently like in the UK. We literally cannot leave our hones unless one of the very few accepted reasons. Many many people here do not have any outside space and it Lockdown is HARD. The clapping is not a 'Instagram moment's it's a very important part of social unity and positivity.
What are the reasons you can go out? Do you have to get permission to be out? X

do you mind if I ask what are the accepted reasons?
Buying food (only one person from a household at a time can enter)
Medical - pharmacy
Walking dog(only 50 m from your house)
Going to work (but most work places have shut now and people are either working from home or are on a suspended contract getting 70% pay from government)

Basically you cannot leave your flat and police are manning the streets- sending you home or fining you

Reactions: 15
Medical - pharmacy
Going to work (but most work places have shut now and people are either working from home or are on a suspended contract getting 70% pay from government)

Basically you cannot leave your flat and police are manning the streets- sending you home or fining you
thank you! My biggest worry is lockdown, and what to do with a toddler. We don’t have a garden!

Reactions: 3
Medical - pharmacy

Man, I’m going to be stuck at home with crazy children and a crazy dog 🙈🙈😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
On a slightly different note do any of you live in a seaside/holiday/tourist area and have seen an influx of people? I have a friend that lives in Bournemouth he says it’s like a bank holiday with lots of visitors. You couldn’t make it up could you.
Yes. I live in Poole/Bournemouth. Apparently beaches were packed with families having a jolly. BBQs going, the works. I. Can't. Even.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
Sorry does anyone else think this is just cringe and patronising ??
🙋🏻‍♀️ same. I find clapping embarrassingly moronic at the best of times, let alone leaning out of a window to do it like some kind of circus seal.
There are far more helpful things we can do to show our support and gratitude: for example STAY THE duck AT HOME.

Reactions: 17
Sorry does anyone else think this is just cringe and patronising ??
I understand the need to show appreciation, and also have the feeling of solidarity, but a) The medical folk are too busy saving lives to take a bow, and b) Our neighbours need the basics without leaving their homes, so.....I would rather help the community knowing the knock on effect would be possibly keeping the said community out of hospital, and thus, having the medical staff clapping us instead! :)

🙋🏻‍♀️ same. I find clapping embarrassingly moronic at the best of times, let alone leaning out of a window to do it like some kind of circus seal.
There are far more helpful things we can do to show our support and gratitude: for example STAY THE duck AT HOME.
or order dominos and send it to other places than A&E!

I think they are holding off from total lockdown for as long as possible because the problem with initiating it immediately, is that the sooner it starts, the longer it will need to last; and the longer it goes on, the more likely people will get bored of it and start venturing out before it’s safe to do so.

Reactions: 5
Yes. I live in Poole/Bournemouth. Apparently beaches were packed with families having a jolly. BBQs going, the works. I. Can't. Even.
that’s what he said, he’s in boscombe. It’s not helping that the weather is dry and pleasant, we need a beast from the east to keep these numpties inside

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Medical - pharmacy

I'm in the Czech republic. We're on day 5. Similarly we're allowed to only go out with a mask. Food shops +pharmacy +work. Walk the dog. Police at the supermarket too.

(I'm an hour away from the capital.)

Reactions: 7
thank you! My biggest worry is lockdown, and what to do with a toddler. We don’t have a garden!
It is so hard. I have 2 boys- 3 and 6 years old. Luckily we have quite a big terrace so we can go out there and get some fresh air. But friends of mine in the city have literally 1 metre by 2 metre balcony and that is it. 9 days inside and with no end in sight. It is not a joke it is so bloody hard. My husband and i fight over whose turn it is to go and throw the bin out just because it will be the one and only chance to get out of the walls of the flat. So yeah after 24 hours locked in at 8pm that moment of everyone standing together in unity clapping and giving our thanks is far from cringe or cheesy it's so important to bring a community together.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
I'm sorry if this is a bit TMI... however, I wish people would stop panic buying. I'm really concerned about where I'm going to buy pads. Can't find any anywhere & everywhere is sold out... :(
I had 2 missed calls and a text from my husband on Friday saying "What do I get?" And a photo of the near empty sanitary shelf. He ended up with a box of tampons and some panty liners 👍No pads *anywhere*. That's the epitome of panic buying in this house, bless him.

that’s what he said, he’s in boscombe. It’s not helping that the weather is dry and pleasant, we need a beast from the east to keep these numpties inside
Oh but you can bet they will the first shouting the loudest for help, when little Tabitha or Jimmy are feeling under the weather.

The people that get an ICU space I feel will be the lucky ones. Sorry not trying to spread fear, but the north Italian hospitals are far more equipped than over here and they're totally overwhelmed.
Still don't believe we will be overwhelmed in the same way as Italy. More and more information is available that explain the huge numbers out of the Lombardy region. A quick google search reveals a lot of relevant information. Main news channels are not explaining the detail on Italy, because, well because fear sells.

Italy in addition to having 60% of cases in a small geographical area

Has a high proportion of people over the age of 70
Has one of the largest percentage of smokers per capita in the world
Commonly has numerous generations of family living together
Lombardy is an industrial region and known for its air pollution

Our situation is not the same

I’m not an NHS front line person but I am a Keyworker keeping the schools open for the children of other key workers.

I absolutely loathe the idea of the Instagram collective clap at 8.00pm.

All those clapping have no bleeping idea of the worry and fright and I don’t give a tit unless that clap pays my bills and the mortgage.

I’m not bitter, I’m worried and anxious.
I left a message on a YouTubers channel basically giving my thoughts and was told I was a witch.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Ffs just found out my grandparents went for a walk at a busy beach! Stay at home 😭

I'm in the Czech republic. We're on day 5. Similarly we're allowed to only go out with a mask. Food shops +pharmacy +work. Walk the dog. Police at the supermarket too.

(I'm an hour away from the capital.)
Are you allowed in your garden? X

Reactions: 2

People are missing out on all sorts of things due to this virus. I am annoyed by this... I am devastated about Maddy going missing as I have two small kids myself but her complaining about a mass, when thousands of people are going without seeing their mum's tomorrow.
Wonder how long it took to perfect those expressions:cautious:

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.