Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I posted this in the last thread
My father in law has been sent home from work for 12/16 weeks as he is in the vulnerable category. He has COPD, diabetes and something else and has been told to self isolate and he will receive full pay.
His wife works in a hospital, so she could be carrying anything. Should they be separated while he is self isolating so he isnt at risk?

So my hubs mentioned it on the phone to him earlier, and he just laughed, told him to stop being so ridiculous and ended with 'well where the f**k are one of us supposed to go like??

I despair... my mam feels unwell, and I've had to leave her mothers day pressies on the step for her and wave through the window when I left. had a cry when I got back to the car and then I've got him just not taking anything seriously!! Hes already had lung problems in the past, I worry about them both (she is a HCA in our local hospital).

• Sad
Reactions: 3
On BBC news it said the seaside resort of Skegness was packed, the cafes were full and even the amusement arcades were open and busy😳. I can't believe the amount of stupid people there are on this planet😡😡😡

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
National Trust have closed their parks and gardens.
I just read the statement from them ‘ having observed the numbers visiting our parks today...’ it’s really beggars belief isn’t it some people treating it like a bloody holiday

Reactions: 13
Hey everyone, iv got a question to ask, does anyone feel scared to clear there throat or cough when you have a tittle tickle when out in public ?? 😬
Yes! I was out today just for a quick walk and the cold wind made me cough literally just once. I covered my mouth as you always do but this woman walking past literally shouted “FOR GODS SAKE”. Surprised she didn’t smack me 😂
like sorry hun calm down people can still bloody cough. I though that was pretty rude to be honest.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
I just read the statement from them ‘ having observed the numbers visiting our parks today...’ it’s really beggars belief isn’t it some people treating it like a bloody holiday
we went out today to a huge park near our city. It’s so huge that we have walked around it and not seen a soul before. Today... well!!! Don’t I look likea twit!

On BBC news it said the seaside resort of Skegness was packed, the cafes were full and even the amusement arcades were open and busy😳. I can't believe the amount of stupid people there are on this planet😡😡😡
this *is* Skegness... not the height of IQ (I can say that! I use to live in Lincolnshire!)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
National Trust have closed their parks and gardens.
This is a shame, the cafes, shops and indoor stuff should have closed but most of gardens are usually quiet if you spend a few minutes walking away from the entrance.

Will our memberships be frozen automatically?

Reactions: 6
Tempted to go into the toilet roll isle when it’s just been restocked and start hacking up a lung, just for the laugh.

unfortunately the toilet roll obsession has died down so i must get my kicks elsewhere.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I'm sorry if this is a bit TMI... however, I wish people would stop panic buying. I'm really concerned about where I'm going to buy pads. Can't find any anywhere & everywhere is sold out... :(
My local savers and Poundland had quite a lot of the regular always brand ones. I can have a look tomorrow and see if they have them and post some if you want ?

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Yes! I was out today just for a quick walk and the cold wind made me cough literally just once. I covered my mouth as you always do but this woman walking past literally shouted “FOR GODS SAKE”. Surprised she didn’t smack me 😂
like sorry hun calm down people can still bloody cough. I though that was pretty rude to be honest.
20200320_115647.jpg

This is a shame, the cafes, shops and indoor stuff should have closed but most of gardens are usually quiet if you spend a few minutes walking away from the entrance.

Will our memberships be frozen automatically?
I hope so I'm a member😕

Reactions: 8
Tempted to go into the toilet roll isle when it’s just been restocked and start hacking up a lung, just for the laugh.

unfortunately the toilet roll obsession has died down so i must get my kicks elsewhere.
try the alcohol aisle..plenty of opportunity for high jinx

• Heart
Reactions: 2

People are missing out on all sorts of things due to this virus. I am annoyed by this... I am devastated about Maddy going missing as I have two small kids myself but her complaining about a mass, when thousands of people are going without seeing their mum's tomorrow.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Back to positivity - a lady in my area has it and is being sick so her daughter in law asked us for some meal replacement shakes for her to drink. Someone drove from 30 mins away to drop off some spare protein shakes that they have- for free. Someone else is delivering some rehydration sachets first thing. There is so much kindness it’s lovely to see but do you know what the kindest thing would be? If we got locked down and we all just got on with it, stayed home, made phone calls and sucked it up as best we can.
Put the army on the streets for the thieving twats who’ll go looting in London and let’s try and give the NHS half a chance of coping with this thing. I’m exhausted from trying to explain to people the importance of staying home. My Dad “I’ve got to get out every day I’ll be climbing the walls”.... “climb them then FFS, it’s better than the alternative of ending up in ICU which could likely happen if you catch it”. What is wrong with people. The sooner we all suck it up and stay home the sooner we can get back to some sort of normal.
I’m exhausted from having to read drivel like you. Thieving London twats. Twats in all cities. What London done to you

People are missing out on all sorts of things due to this virus. I am annoyed by this... I am devastated about Maddy going missing as I have two small kids myself but her complaining about a mass, when thousands of people are going without seeing their mum's tomorrow.
she killed her child. Shouldn’t be allowed to speak to media. If I left 3 kids alone while I went out drinking n eating I’d be branded Ireland worst mum. But these Pratt’s have people feeling sorry for them

Reactions: 20

Gets away with murder and still not happy, just can’t please some people 😐

• Haha
Reactions: 25
My hay fever started today....perfect time to get a runny nose and a tickly throat (I know it hay fever as my eyes are stinging, ears are itchy & I’ve sneezed approximately 20,000 times today 🙈)

• Haha
Reactions: 6
it’s better than the alternative of ending up in ICU which could likely happen if you catch it”. What is wrong with people. The sooner we all suck it up and stay home the sooner we can get back to some sort of normal.
The people that get an ICU space I feel will be the lucky ones. Sorry not trying to spread fear, but the north Italian hospitals are far more equipped than over here and they're totally overwhelmed.

I’m exhausted from having to read drivel like you. Thieving London twats. Twats in all cities. What London done to you

she killed her child. Shouldn’t be allowed to speak to media. If I left 3 kids alone while I went out drinking n eating I’d be branded Ireland worst mum. But these Pratt’s have people feeling sorry for them

I am one of those people like your dad,. But I have stayed in today. I do not do well being kept in, it's bad for my mental health. I went into my small back yard today for a little while and I opened all of the windows, gave my son's and husband's blankets and turned the heating up. Out of all of this being kept in scares me more than anything. I don't like feeling trapped. I understand you have a fear of this disease and that is obviously justified but remember there are also people struggling too.

I think this is something that figures don’t tell us or give us the full picture on. And as we’ve been s**t at testing we can’t possibly know how many people actually have it or have been asymptotic. I’m not saying it’s not serious because it’s very serious and I’m taking the social distancing and self isolation part seriously but I would take all the figures with a pinch of salt because I don’t think it’s anywhere close to the real picture.
As in.... It may be worse? Or better?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.