Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think it has to be true - they’re not exactly testing big numbers are they, the majority of us will never know for definite whether we had it or not (unless we get the test that Boris said is like a pregnancy test but with blood not urine to check whether we have the antibodies 😂) x
There's also SO many people I know with cold like symptoms. Runny noses, headaches, chills, achy body... But no cough or barely a cough.... These symptoms aren't COVID-19 symptoms but I think I've read that some patients in China were reporting runny noses/headaches - so they might be!

Reactions: 4
There’s no need to be patronising. It’s busy at Easter usually anyway. People are getting sick anyway, IF they are not practicing social-distancing. You can’t get it if you don’t come into contact with anyone else.

We are considering our options of sticking with existing holiday plans, being near the sea and wide open space is comforting and good for mental health.
OMFG. I'm going to bed. Its late, and I don't want to say something I might regret.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Buying food (only one person from a household at a time can enter)
Medical - pharmacy
Walking dog(only 50 m from your house)
Going to work (but most work places have shut now and people are either working from home or are on a suspended contract getting 70% pay from government)

Basically you cannot leave your flat and police are manning the streets- sending you home or fining you
Are you schools completely closed? Even to medical/emergency service staff? Stay safe x

Reactions: 1
There's also SO many people I know with cold like symptoms. Funny noses, headaches, chills, achy body... But no cough or barely a cough.... These symptoms aren't COVID-19 symptoms but I think I've read that some patients in China were reporting runny noses/headaches - so they might be!
A lady on here has tested positive and I don’t believe she has a cough.

Reactions: 3
they had tight restrictions, but it looks like everything has stopped now.
industry will be the biggest sector effected I assume?
basically everything bar supermarkets and pharmacies are shut.
View attachment 98487
I cannot find any mention of this on any news websites?

BBC have just announced that Italy have ordered total lockdown on Lombardy area but not the rest of the country.

We have a family chalet in Cornwall: we were thinking of still going on our Easter break down there for a week.

It’s in a place that has the most enormous expansive beaches, it’s not particularly popular like eg st ives, polzeath etc, and we barely bump into people during the high season as it is. we’d just take our supplies for the week, hole up in the chalet and be self-catering for the entire time.

Thoughts?
Don't do it. I'd you get I'll the ONE hospital that Cornwall cannot cope with the influx of people who will be thinking along the same lines as you.

A lady on here has tested positive and I don’t believe she has a cough.
Wow really. Do you know if she has a temp though?

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Interested to understand what you mean by becoming overwhelmed?
Basically, we have just one major hospital, that struggles to cope all year round. Every winter we’re usually on some sort of black alert, due to a bad mix of the elderly population, flu, only the one hospital to go to due to major gp cuts etc. Summer time is just as bad if not worse as we have a huge influx of tourists. Something most of us can appreciate but, our hospitals simply do not cope when there isn’t a pandemic.

So with our one small hospital already struggling, Corona has already had a huge impact. I think we’re currently at 20 confirmed cases with 4 deaths. (dont quote me on that mind, could have been updated).

We are really going to struggle with the amount of people our hospital serves with icu etc. as it is; (like reaaally going to struggle, I can’t even bare to think about it if people don’t start listening) and now, there’s people heading this way with caravans, cars filled with suitcases etc. & some businesses seem to be encouraging it for financial gain.

our hospitals are asking people to stay at home, local MPs are pleading to people to stay away and nobody seems to be paying attention 😩

• Heart
Reactions: 17
There’s no need to be patronising. It’s busy at Easter usually anyway. People are getting sick anyway, IF they are not practicing social-distancing. You can’t get it if you don’t come into contact with anyone else.

We are considering our options of sticking with existing holiday plans, being near the sea and wide open space is comforting and good for mental health.
Genuine question.
Why did you post on here and ask for people’s thoughts and then when everyone advised you not to go, you appear to disregard them?
Not trying to antagonise or patronise, I just don’t understand why you asked.

Reactions: 13
Basically, we have just one major hospital, that struggles to cope all year round. Every winter we’re usually on some sort of black alert, due to a bad mix of the elderly population, flu, only the one hospital to go to due to major gp cuts etc. Summer time is just as bad if not worse as we have a huge influx of tourists. Something most of us can appreciate but, our hospitals simply do not cope when there isn’t a pandemic.

So with our one small hospital already struggling, Corona has already had a huge impact. I think we’re currently at 20 confirmed cases with 4 deaths. (dont quote me on that mind, could have been updated).

We are really going to struggle with the amount of people our hospital serves with icu etc. as it is; (like reaaally going to struggle, I can’t even bare to think about it if people don’t start listening) and now, there’s people heading this way with caravans, cars filled with suitcases etc. & some businesses seem to be encouraging it for financial gain.

our hospitals are asking people to stay at home, local MPs are pleading to people to stay away and nobody seems to be paying attention 😩
I hear you. Thank you.

Reactions: 6

I think when the question is “should I go to xyz or stay home?” The answer will always be stay home.

Reactions: 17
Don't do it. I'd you get I'll the ONE hospital that Cornwall cannot cope with the influx of people who will be thinking along the same lines as you.

She has a headache and temp

This is not a normal Easter. More people than usual will get sick and hospitals in smaller areas have less capacity so will be overwhelmed easily.

You said you wish there was a lockdown to take the decision out of your hands. Just bite the bullet and make that decision yourself your asking here and unsure yourself so just stay at home ! It sucks yes but everyone is in the same boat and many people are losing much more than their Easter week in Cornwall

Reactions: 21
Genuine question.
Why did you post on here and ask for people’s thoughts and then when everyone advised you not to go, you appear to disregard them?
Not trying to antagonise or patronise, I just don’t understand why you asked.
Not disregarding anything, haven’t said we’re going, said we are thinking about it and asked for thoughts to consider other viewpoints 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 2

Yes her and her husband both had high temperatures. Neither have been abroad.
If you click on my posts, you’ll find my post asking her about it and then her reply. I can’t recall the lady’s name (sorry!) but she’s from Ireland. It’s on the previous thread I think.

We have a family chalet in Cornwall: we were thinking of still going on our Easter break down there for a week.

It’s in a place that has the most enormous expansive beaches, it’s not particularly popular like eg st ives, polzeath etc, and we barely bump into people during the high season as it is. we’d just take our supplies for the week, hole up in the chalet and be self-catering for the entire time.

Thoughts?
Don't do it. You can't guarantee you aren't already carrying the virus.
Cornwall MP has asked people not to visit.
It's just not worth it.
My parents have a holiday flat in Cornwall. They won't be going.
We were meant to be going away in this country. All paid for, company 'open' so not refunding. We are staying at home (although I am utterly cheesed off about the money.

Reactions: 12
My niece, who is a first year student nurse, posted a photo on Instagram a photo of her and a group of 5 friends having a beach party & hugging each other 😰 I was so mad I had to send a message asking if she was at home yet. Beggars belief. 🤬

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.