Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Purrrrrrr

VIP Member
My friend was just telling me she took her eldest to school this morning and they were all waiting outside longer than is normal and then said they are testing all the children in the playground. We have freezing fog here so she took him back home. This is a school for autistic children. I am really shocked and sadden that they are doing this to children.

• Sad
  • Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 27

candyland_

VIP Member
How many people will be sat at home with worrying symptoms because they fear ‘the NHS has enough on their plate’ thanks to all the scaremongering about it being overwhelmed.

I’ve actually had really good experiences with my GP throughout the pandemic. A quick consultation form with a call back within a couple of hours each time I’ve needed help, on some occasions they rang and asked me to pop straight down for an appointment and it was quiet. A huge improvement from before Covid - they have decided to keep this system in place.

• Heart
Reactions: 26

Yel

Chatty Member
Peston with his mask around his neck and the other guy has his nose sticking out. If some of the most high profile journalists can't wear them properly when they know they're on the telly what hope is there?

Screenshot_20211215-173209_YouTube.jpg

PSX_20211215_173413.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow

Yel

Chatty Member
Hopefully Mad Friday will be a bit calmer this year. The NHS/paramedics already have their hands full!
Any excuse to post this magical scene from a couple of years ago, although it was Nye in Manchester

original-14156-1451666022-3.jpg

Have a shot, don't have a shot I don't give a shit. I can't cope with lockdowns and debt racked up to support the lockdowns.

• Haha
  • Heart

SarahGard83

VIP Member
Sturgeon asking people to limit to 3 households at Christmas. It's a request and not a law. Good luck with that!

Slothgang

Chatty Member
Westminster are terrible. Everyone who's like "Oh Boris is doing his best tho" is pathetic. Where is that sympathy when it relates to the actual vulnerable people in our society?
Yes!! My pet hate is when people say he's doing his best, 'could you run the country any better'. Well no I wouldn't be able to personally but I am sure there are plenty of people that could. Better educated. Genuine compassion. No history of offensive statements. Real life experience. No connections, nepotism or bribery. Actually look after their own children. Etc etc.....

• Heart

Tippingpoint23

VIP Member
I genuinely think part of the answer is stop testing. Why are we testing if we’re not sick or suffering? You wouldn’t test for the flu or something in case you had it.

MensaBarbie1985

Chatty Member
The NHS as it stands isn’t fit for purpose, and I say that as an NHS worker

a large part of my role involves seeking funding from NHS England (so indirectly the government) to pay for vital mental health services. So many times we are turned down and if we do receive investment the amount is laughable. In my area we have an up to two year wait for assessment appointments and am eating disorder service expected to meet targets with half the normal funding. Yet they can find £13bn plus for track and trace!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 25

panache

Chatty Member
Javid says, if the NHS is overwhelmed because of Omicron, hospitals might not be able to treat all patients in need. For example, they might have to take difficult decisions, affecting perhaps a child who has been in a car crash. Would they get treatment?

He says some MPs might think this is just a “hypothetical” risk, “but it’s not”.

Using an example of a child in a car crash not getting treatment to stoke the fear.

• Wow
  • Angry

Blond3g1rl

VIP Member
Javid says, if the NHS is overwhelmed because of Omicron, hospitals might not be able to treat all patients in need. For example, they might have to take difficult decisions, affecting perhaps a child who has been in a car crash. Would they get treatment?

He says some MPs might think this is just a “hypothetical” risk, “but it’s not”.

Using an example of a child in a car crash not getting treatment to stoke the fear.
Empty threats. As if doctors and nurses would refuse to treat a car crash victim. They would do it on the car park floor if necessary!

ATV2021

VIP Member
Got the works Xmas party tonight.

People have been dropping like flies as scared of getting "covid"

I'm going even if it's just me. Been looking forward to this burger for weeks 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart

Kat5998

VIP Member
The only good thing about us (Wales) closing nightclubs again is that no one will be spiked again for a while

0B091846-6393-466B-92A1-07F5EEC7D697.gif

#EveryCloud

• Haha

Cupcakemum

VIP Member
I think what they meant was "an elderly 70yr old that CHOSE not to take a vaccine died within 28 days of testing positive WITH Omicron" He also never left the house, so clearly wasn't as fit and healthy as the step son is proclaiming

Meanwhile 75% of people in SA also aren't vaccinated and yet every single one of the has lived, but people aren't marrying this up

Long Covid is not CFS
No, with CFS you're generally ignored and told you're imagining things so suffer in silence, but with long covid there's a clinic set up asap

• Heart

SonicTheSpikeyThing

Chatty Member
Thanks to this whole booster rush I had my 6 week postnatal check cancelled. (I stressed how important it was that I need to speak to someone due to having postnatal psychosis last time but nope. There is no support this time I’ve found) They did do babies partly , but not to the full extent they should have as they had to rush her appointment. Also can’t get her booked in for her vaccinations due in 2 weeks time. Told to call back in January 😬
I know there’s people way worse off who will need to see their gp, and I’m so worried for them. There’s gonna be many deaths on the governments hands and they won’t be from Covid.

• Sad
  • Heart

IAlreadyDespiseYou

Chatty Member
I am sorry that you feel shit right now, but please don't class Covid as "a relatively mild virus" after its killed over 146,000 people in the UK alone, left many suffering with long Covid and many families have lost a loved one or more.

The situation is very serious and needs addressing. Many countries have had no option but to find money to fund whatever has been needed to help as many people get through this as possible.

I agree with you that so many of us are feeling shit, but at the moment the best we can do is pull together, stop feeling sorry for ourselves, support each other, and look forward to better times ahead. ❤
I’ll tell my teenager who will be back online at home for learning, who’s struggled hard for the last two years and is worried they won’t get the exam results they need to follow the career path they want and are incredibly talented in, that is being impacted by all this and my husband who’s job may be badly impacted by another lockdown to “just stop feeling sorry for themselves”.
I’m sure that’ll get our mortgage paid and my teenager trapped in their bedroom trying to work for exams when education is shut down again, SO MUCH. Why didn’t I think of that before… 🤦‍♀️

• Heart
  • Sad

Dragon100

Chatty Member
OMG church minister just emailed to suggest canceling church services over Christmas! Our reply is we are adults, people should be allowed to asses their own risks and make their own discisions (and if individules want to avoid the risk we will live stream). We were in this situation last year before the 3rd lockdown when Christmas services were cancelled before lockdown. As a Christian I have been on zoom for 2 Easters and 2 penticosts and 1 Christmas already (I have been given the chance to take communion once in 21 months). I made the same answers last year and was ignored, the difference this year is most members are jabbed 2 or 3 times which we were not last Christmas. This is beyond a joke! Unless we are officially stopped we should carry on as normal.

• Haha
  • Heart

Pinkii

VIP Member
they keep saying they don’t know enough about omricon variant as its quite new blah blah yet somehow they know that a 3rd jab works!? Really?

Don’t get me wrong, i’m not anti vax, i’ve had my 2 and trying to book my booster but they aren’t making sense a lot of the time.

veryfondoftea

VIP Member
A curfew from Sunday on hospitality. Bars, cinemas and restaurants to close at 8pm every night. Other rules on indoor events too.
I just don't get the point of this? Do we have evidence that COVID doesn't spread before 8pm hence the cut off?!

• Haha
Reactions: 24

SarahGard83

VIP Member
Family xmas party this afternoon. Can't bloody wait for us all to be together drunk singing Wizzard at 1am in the morning.

• Heart
Reactions: 24