Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #109

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really don't understand why some people think it's a choice between getting the vaccine or being on a ventilator/dying

Do they have no awareness of the statistics related to this illness?
Its because the media have portrayed it that way.

And statistics out of context mean nothing. But looking at them in context makes you a conspiracy theorist 🙃

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Westminster are terrible. Everyone who's like "Oh Boris is doing his best tho" is pathetic. Where is that sympathy when it relates to the actual vulnerable people in our society?
Yes!! My pet hate is when people say he's doing his best, 'could you run the country any better'. Well no I wouldn't be able to personally but I am sure there are plenty of people that could. Better educated. Genuine compassion. No history of offensive statements. Real life experience. No connections, nepotism or bribery. Actually look after their own children. Etc etc.....

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Minor in the scheme of things but found out my Christmas work lunch has been cancelled last minute! :( My company hosted an international event in the US recently where they tested everyone daily but it still lead to a whole raft of infections once everyone got back home so have basically blanket cancelled all company related stuff. I've literally not seen most of my colleagues in person since March 2020.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Yes!! My pet hate is when people say he's doing his best, 'could you run the country any better'. Well no I wouldn't be able to personally but I am sure there are plenty of people that could. Better educated. Genuine compassion. No history of offensive statements. Real life experience. No connections, nepotism or bribery. Actually look after their own children. Etc etc.....
Genuinely think a significant portion of the country would do a far better job at running the country than Boris.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
They want people to get boosters but their website isn’t working properly and they want people to drive miles for them? Perhaps next time Boris put the infrastructure in place BEFORE making announcements.

Reactions: 7
Minor in the scheme of things but found out my Christmas work lunch has been cancelled last minute! :( My company hosted an international event in the US recently where they tested everyone daily but it still lead to a whole raft of infections once everyone got back home so have basically blanket cancelled all company related stuff. I've literally not seen most of my colleagues in person since March 2020.
New normal, imagine if we tested for the common cold like this. Wait, with the variant we basically are…

Reactions: 17
Absolutely ludicrous if they close schools again, the amount of impact it has on children is worse than the actual virus.

Given the 2 recent serious case reviews of Arthur and Star, which their abusers took advantage of in lockdown I think it would be disgraceful if they closed schools again, and anyone who supports school closures needs to give their head a wobble. It’s about time this useless twatting government concentrated on what is actually important instead of putting all their time and effort into a virus that the majority of people will survive.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I was due to have a book launch event in Monday but the venue has cancelled. My mum is going to a. Charity event which has cancelled too 😩

• Sad
I’ve been trying to book my booster since 6pm yesterday and can’t get anywhere on the website. It counts down the number in the queue, then keeps jumping back up and then eventually it says “sorry we are very busy” and kicks me off 🙄🙄

Reactions: 4
I’ve been trying to book my booster since 6pm yesterday and can’t get anywhere on the website. It counts down the number in the queue, then keeps jumping back up and then eventually it says “sorry we are very busy” and kicks me off 🙄🙄
I wanna get the booster but it's only been 3 months since my last jab, I'm in very good health (managed to avoid the October cold going around everyone got) and there are people who need it way more than me right now, so happy to give it a miss for another month or so.

Reactions: 4
"Probably"

I used to shun the CTs (and some are still batshit crazy with theories) but I can't help but really think this is tit all to do with a virus anymore lol

NHS will soon be private as they "had to sell it to cope". Winter is overrun every year but its good media to scaremonger by saying it now.

As someone said, it's basically a cold. Viruses don't want mass killings as then they cannot spread lol they want everyone to know their business and yes they will take down a few on route but they'll mutate to get less murderous but spread more so that they can be like BOOM GOT INTO MILLIONS THIS TIME! And so on forever more lol

Reactions: 16
"Probably"

I used to shun the CTs (and some are still batshit crazy with theories) but I can't help but really think this is tit all to do with a virus anymore lol

NHS will soon be private as they "had to sell it to cope". Winter is overrun every year but its good media to scaremonger by saying it now.

As someone said, it's basically a cold. Viruses don't want mass killings as then they cannot spread lol they want everyone to know their business and yes they will take down a few on route but they'll mutate to get less murderous but spread more so that they can be like BOOM GOT INTO MILLIONS THIS TIME! And so on forever more lol
I wrote on the vaccine page in error instead of here
'Funny how many NHS GPs can't see patients face to face, but the private GPs aren't so scared of catching the virus in face to face appointments 💰💷💷'.

Also I've noticed NHS GPs pushing for patients to go to private as referrals could take months, I'd rather the DR put the referral in than not at all.

Reactions: 10
Weve had this too, no econsults ect. Can ring up if its 'urgent' but what classes as 'urgent' to one person is different to another.

I can see lots of cancers ect getting missed because people will find a lump but wont think its urgent enough to ring a doctor ect.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
"Probably"

Sad to say if it was more deadly it would be over quicker these mild circulatory viruses can cause havoc for years 😕

I’ve a feeling we’re headed for more restrictions it’s not good when they call a meeting between the devolved governments that’s the second this week.
F9BE2EE6-753C-43F3-985D-AD5FD991DC98.jpeg

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.