Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #109

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Last page of previous thread:

We seem to have travelled back in time with UK wide rumours of lockdown rife. 3 jabs is now classed as fully vaccinated.

Reactions: 5
Thank goodness this isn't the black death. We have far more ways to protect ourselves these days, yet our freedoms are far less. Make it make sense.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I bet we will have a lockdown in January and it will be lifted after 2 weeks but only for the fully vaccinated. We will end up going down the same route as Austria.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 30
Sturgeon asking people to limit to 3 households at Christmas. It's a request and not a law. Good luck with that!

Reactions: 26
They've found the golden recipe now haven't they. Lockdown's every winter, free for all every summer. Blame the unvaxxed and keep up compliance with perpetual poison into your system by dangling your 'freedoms' in front of your face. Welcome to hell boys, handcrafted by the public everytime they continue this yes man charade. Where will it end? It won't, they'll just make it bigger and better till you wouldn't know freedom if it smacked you in the face.

Not looking so CT now is it?

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
Sturgeon asking people to limit to 3 households at Christmas. It's a request and not a law. Good luck with that!
No one is listening anymore, even my pro-independence friends aren’t listening to her ‘advice’.
We’re having a Hogmanay party with at least 15 people from well over 3 households, how do you like that Sturgeon 😉

• Heart
Reactions: 34
No one is listening anymore, even my pro-independence friends aren’t listening to her ‘advice’.
We’re having a Hogmanay party with at least 15 people from well over 3 households, how do you like that Sturgeon 😉
I'm in England so no social restrictions yet but I'm at a party Saturday night with all my family. They'll be about 25 of us

• Sad
Reactions: 19
I still remember Sturgeon's most ridiculous rule introduced mid-lockdown, takeaways only being allowed to be collected from a 'doorway hatch'. Did nothing, just made her feel better.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Sturgeon basically said that the SNP want to do more (lockdown) but can't as they don't have the cash.

So if we were Independent you'd it then would you? So that's the end of devaluation. Next debate all the opposition have to do is remind voters that only Boris stopped a Scottish Lockdown - spectacular own goal by the one policy party!

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
Me and my mum don’t want another lockdown for the simple reason that our next door neighbours are awful parents who swear at their kids morning, noon and night and we can’t stand the shouting and screaming coming through the walls

• Sad
Reactions: 31
I still remember Sturgeon's most ridiculous rule introduced mid-lockdown, takeaways only being allowed to be collected from a 'doorway hatch'. Did nothing, just made her feel better.
Honestly it’s borderline tyranny 😂

The mad thing is though, the Scots really listen to Nicola. Having moved from England to Scotland recently (and in Scotland a lot during lockdowns), I found compliance with masks, social distancing etc to be much higher in Scotland than in England.

Reactions: 6
Honestly it’s borderline tyranny 😂

The mad thing is though, the Scots really listen to Nicola. Having moved from England to Scotland recently (and in Scotland a lot during lockdowns), I found compliance with masks, social distancing etc to be much higher in Scotland than in England.
It’s cold for most of the year, keeping their faces warm 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Javid says he would not support vaccine-only Covid pass system
Back in the Commons Sajid Javid insists that the government is not introducing vaccine passports. He says it is important that people can show they are safe in different ways - either by showing their vaccine status, or by showing they have had a negative lateral flow test.
Asked if he can rule out a vaccine passport system (a system that only accepts evidence of being fully vaccinated as proof of eligiblity to a venue), Javid effectively does rule it out. “I would not support a vaccine only option,” he says.

Let's see where this one goes.

Reactions: 7
Sturgeon always wants to go one step further than the English government in order to be like "told you so"

Reactions: 16
Javid says, if the NHS is overwhelmed because of Omicron, hospitals might not be able to treat all patients in need. For example, they might have to take difficult decisions, affecting perhaps a child who has been in a car crash. Would they get treatment?

He says some MPs might think this is just a “hypothetical” risk, “but it’s not”.

Using an example of a child in a car crash not getting treatment to stoke the fear.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 25
Javid says, if the NHS is overwhelmed because of Omicron, hospitals might not be able to treat all patients in need. For example, they might have to take difficult decisions, affecting perhaps a child who has been in a car crash. Would they get treatment?

He says some MPs might think this is just a “hypothetical” risk, “but it’s not”.

Using an example of a child in a car crash not getting treatment to stoke the fear.
Empty threats. As if doctors and nurses would refuse to treat a car crash victim. They would do it on the car park floor if necessary!

Reactions: 25
Sturgeon always wants to go one step further than the English government in order to be like "told you so"

It's like a competition between world leaders to see who can be the bigger authoritarian.

This from Sturgeon sounds like a CYA exercise.
She gives advice on how people behave but can't enforce it . She can then point the finger at people if anything goes wrong.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.