Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #109

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I agree. I take biologics and live with the threat of illness if I catch viruses/infections everyday, pandemic or no pandemic. But I'm afraid you have to live your life, you can't live in fear of the unknown 🤷🏼‍♀️
Hubby takes injected biologics (hence him wanting the Covid vaccinations) and he just gets on and enjoys life too, despite the daily risk of even a mere cold morphing into something more serious.

Interestingly, we are convinced that hubbys yearly flu jabs trigger off a major flare up of his condition. Every nurse /health professional we asked about this (i.e can a flu jab trigger flare ups), we were categorically told 'no' each time because they were not live vaccines.

However, when we put the same question to the consultant that my hubby sees (even saying that we were being told there was no link), they raised an eyebrow and said 'Well.........'

Their opinion was that vaccines (live or not) can and do trigger flare ups of existing conditions. It is just dependent on that individual person and how their body reacts to things.

No idea what the point of sharing this was tbh. Maybe it's the fact we asked numerous health care professionals and received a constant mantra of 'no' that doesn't sit right with me, even though days after getting flu jabs he became chronically ill. He doesn't have flu jabs anymore, so I've no idea why he's getting the Covid vaccinations but that's his choice. Having said that, he hasn't (touch wood) had any major issues with the Covid vaccines apart from a headache and slight chills 🤞

Reactions: 16
Hubby takes injected biologics (hence him wanting the Covid vaccinations) and he just gets on and enjoys life too, despite the daily risk of even a mere cold morphing into something more serious.

Interestingly, we are convinced that hubbys yearly flu jabs trigger off a major flare up of his condition. Every nurse /health professional we asked about this (i.e can a flu jab trigger flare ups), we were categorically told 'no' each time because they were not live vaccines.

However, when we put the same question to the consultant that my hubby sees (even saying that we were being told there was no link), they raised an eyebrow and said 'Well.........'

Their opinion was that vaccines (live or not) can and do trigger flare ups of existing conditions. It is just dependent on that individual person and how their body reacts to things.

No idea what the point of sharing this was tbh. Maybe it's the fact we asked numerous health care professionals and received a constant mantra of 'no' that doesn't sit right with me, even though days after getting flu jabs he became chronically ill. He doesn't have flu jabs anymore, so I've no idea why he's getting the Covid vaccinations but that's his choice. Having said that, he hasn't (touch wood) had any major issues with the Covid vaccines apart from a headache and slight chills 🤞
Its all relative, only the individual knows what can affect their bodies and if he sees his condition has been triggered after his flu jab then they shouldn't be ignorant to shut his opinion out.

I had the same with antibiotics in the summer, it cured an infection but flared up psoriasis like an absolute mother-trucker...

Biologics suck, but they come with some positives 😄

Reactions: 5
Its all relative, only the individual knows what can affect their bodies and if he sees his condition has been triggered after his flu jab then they shouldn't be ignorant to shut his opinion out.

I had the same with antibiotics in the summer, it cured an infection but flared up psoriasis like an absolute mother-trucker...

Biologics suck, but they come with some positives 😄
Oh god complete life changer for my husband, well for all of us really. There's the faff of injecting and storing (don't really have to worry about travelling with them anymore for now :LOL:) but thats minor compared to the huge benefits.

That's interesting re psoriasis flare up - the body really does have its own balance and is so complex

Reactions: 4
It’s quite normal for physios to be doing chest physio etc on the ward. Even more so on covid patients
Yes I understand that. What I'm saying is that last year you couldn't get to see a physio because they were overwhelmed, but now they're back to doing normal routine work, even though we're told that everything is overwhelmed

Reactions: 3
Are we expecting Boris to do an announcement tomorrow or was that just a rumour?

Reactions: 1
Got the works Xmas party tonight.

People have been dropping like flies as scared of getting "covid"

I'm going even if it's just me. Been looking forward to this burger for weeks 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
@ATV2021 Enjoy that burger!

I am in hospital (private though funded by the NHS 🙄 ) and they making up all sorts of stupid rules about visitors, if we are allowed to move around the ward (it is all private bedrooms with a lounge/dining room etc.) what happens with our laundry, PPE... it is exhausting to try and keep up with so I am not. They wanted to introduce three times a week PCR testing for all patients. Stupidity of the highest quality.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Oh god complete life changer for my husband, well for all of us really. There's the faff of injecting and storing (don't really have to worry about travelling with them anymore for now :LOL:) but thats minor compared to the huge benefits.

That's interesting re psoriasis flare up - the body really does have its own balance and is so complex
Lovely to see some biologics chat. My husband has been offered them for his condition as NSAIDs not working so he's just trying to decide whether to go for it. Could be life changing for him but he's very frightened of the long term impact as he's only 38 and other people with his condition tend to be a lot older!!

Lovely to see some biologics chat. My husband has been offered them for his condition as NSAIDs not working so he's just trying to decide whether to go for it. Could be life changing for him but he's very frightened of the long term impact as he's only 38 and other people with his condition tend to be a lot older!!

It's the weighing up again situation really, like people are doing for the Covid vaccinations.

For my husband, no other treatment was working, he was housebound or in hospital. No quality of life, and he's not even that old either. There are side effects such as dizziness sometimes after injecting, he gets cramps in his legs and now wakes up at the crack of dawn and can't get back to sleep. He's also at higher risk of certain things as well, but in comparison to how ill he was its a small price to pay. Any potential side effects can be discussed and explained with you both. Someone will teach him (and you) how to inject etc. My husbands attitude is that he'd rather live the best life he can now and not worry about how this may affect him longer term. Like I say your husband just has to weigh it all up and decide what is important to him. Good luck either way x

I started taking biologics 6 years ago, and haven't looked back. The potential for destructive bone deformity with my condition is what frightened me more than the potential side effects of the treatment.

The side effects always seem way scarier when you read them, but you do have to way that up with the conditions you're living with. I'm 37, so am happy to no longer be in pain.

I wish your partner well with his decision 😊

They do know to a certain extent such as the transmission rate which we are seeing the effect of now.

Even a dumbarse like me can work that out 😂
There's still enough worldwide data though after this length of time, but they seem to be stalling on giving that out.
If it was really that bad we'd be seeing huge rises in people being admitted, anecdotally or via official sources.
Even the Health Minister looked embarrassed about being asked about it this morning.
She knew damn well what Kay Burley was asking, but went straight to the big figures then feigned not understanding before giving the small number of 10 that she had to admit

Ireland’s new restrictions

A5ED18F6-FA74-4E02-ADF8-953C087D7A0F.jpeg

NI can’t add more restrictions until Boris loosens the purse strings

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
I had my booster this afternoon I feel awful, headache, achy 😖 just woke up as I needed to sleep when I got in. The information leaflet says and I quote “this vaccine has been given conditional approval which means there is more evidence to come about this vaccine” 🤔
What does that even mean?

• Sad
Reactions: 12
I had my booster this afternoon I feel awful, headache, achy 😖 just woke up as I needed to sleep when I got in. The information leaflet says and I quote “this vaccine has been given conditional approval which means there is more evidence to come about this vaccine” 🤔
What does that even mean?
Don't think about it 😬

Keep monitoring how you are doing and get plenty of rest. Ask your nearest and dearest to keep their own eye on you (I'm sure they will be anyway). Hope you feel better tomorrow

• Heart
Reactions: 6
My husband had his booster earlier and has just poured himself a glass of wine, so no apparent ill effects that I can see :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 11
My friend had his booster yesterday and had to leave work early today due to chest pain 😬
My husband has said that so many people at his work have called in sick after theirs.
I've since heard a few colleagues of mine saying they've felt awful.
I was hearing a mixed bag to begin with, but now I'm hearing more people reacting badly with the more that are triple vaccinated

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.