Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

StrawberryCream

VIP Member
This is beyond disgusting. How can a healthy adult be ok knowing they are going in for their booster when someone with a severe illness could be missing an important appointments?
And to the ones moaning that they can’t book their booster appointments, boo fucking hoo. There’s people that can’t get cancer diagnosis appointments.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 32

Lilykins

VIP Member
In one breath we’re being told to get vaccines and boosters and in another there is talk about a lockdown. I’m sorry but if even after having 3 vaccines we still have to lockdown i can’t be doing with it anymore.

jackolantern

VIP Member
Javid says, if the NHS is overwhelmed because of Omicron, hospitals might not be able to treat all patients in need. For example, they might have to take difficult decisions, affecting perhaps a child who has been in a car crash. Would they get treatment?

He says some MPs might think this is just a “hypothetical” risk, “but it’s not”.

Using an example of a child in a car crash not getting treatment to stoke the fear.
Fucking swine. The fact that there is anyone left that can't see through this bullshit is absolutely beggars belief.

The government you trust so much is threatening to not treat a child who has been in a car crash. For a virus that has killed less than 1% of the population. If this isn't enough to make you see you have been fooled beyond measure, there is no hope you ever will. Really there isn't.

• Sad

Kat5998

VIP Member
Me and my mum don’t want another lockdown for the simple reason that our next door neighbours are awful parents who swear at their kids morning, noon and night and we can’t stand the shouting and screaming coming through the walls

• Sad
Reactions: 31

CosmicCreepers

Chatty Member
Last night was so bizarre we went to a pub which had a dance floor that started playing music from 10pm. We were all on it until around 12:30am, they stopped the music and announced we all had to stand outside the venue and have our covid passes checked. There were a few people who had a negative test and that was accepted. We then returned to the dance floor and continued. It was just so so bizarre.

• Haha
  • Wow

bubbadabut

VIP Member
I feel I have to stick up for GPs a bit. My husband is one. When the schools went back after the first lockdown, I was asked by three people on the first day if he was "back at work yet". They thought he'd been at home doing nothing for 6 months, when in fact he'd been at work every day, even Bank Holidays after the NHS said it was compulsory. Mainly telephone/video consults but still seeing patients face to face and doing home visits when there was a clinical need. On one of the Bank Holidays he had his car smashed up by a druggie who wanted drugs and wasn't even registered at the surgery. He absolutely hated doing phone consultations - felt like he worked in a call centre. From September last year he asked his boss if he could go to 50/50 phone calls and face to face, which is what he has been doing ever since.

He had Covid last month and was still doing 50 phone/video consultations a day even though he was ill. People with genuine need can't get appointments because a) there's not enough GPs and b) there's such a massive glut of trivial stuff that is either needless or could be dealt with by a pharmacist - either people chasing up delays in hospital appointments, people who say their employer is demanding a note to say they are fit for work after their sick note has run out, grown adults who ring up every time they have a 2 day history of cough or cold, people wanting free paracetamol, or those people who manage to get an appointment every week because they know the receptionist. If being a GP was as wonderful and easy and lucrative as everyone thinks it is, there wouldn't have been a recruitment crisis for the last 20 years.

The only Covid vaccinations he's ever done was when he went to jab the residents of the local care home. He isn't being taken off GP duties to help with the booster. I know the other GP at his practice does this, but only on Sundays when the surgery is closed anyway. I don't know why people seem to think many GPs do private work. Private general practice makes up about 3% of all GP consultations.

My family and I have also had good experiences with our own GPs throughout the pandemic. Always managed to get an appointment on the day if you ring early enough. Usually dealt with over the phone but we've been seen with lumps/stuff that need examining. The last two appointments I've had have both been face to face, and the surgery has been the busiest I've seen it in a long time.

I'm sorry others haven't had the same experience. Maybe it's a CCG thing. But some of them are doing a good job.

Last edited:
  • Heart

StrawberryCream

VIP Member
I bet we will have a lockdown in January and it will be lifted after 2 weeks but only for the fully vaccinated. We will end up going down the same route as Austria.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 30

givepeasachance

VIP Member
If you have a Covid passport - you can walk into a pub KNOWING you have Covid and no one will stop you.

But if you haven’t got a passport, have a negative test and therefore don’t have Covid - you can’t go in a pub

• Haha
  • Wow

judgejohndeed

VIP Member
It’s not healthy or normal to spend weeks indoors on your own not able to see friends or family 🙄 cba with people who think lockdowns are no big deal, good for you for having no kind of social life I guess?

• Heart

veevee04

VIP Member
I would like to know the stats of age of death and comorbid conditions today. I am probably going to sound heartless I have work in a mental health hospital with an elderly organic/brain injury unit attached non of the patients on the working age wards died of COVID or got seriously ill. On the elderly/brain injury unit we lost half of the patients while very sad these people were approaching the end of their lives with dementia and other health conditions say they didn't have COVID it would be approx 6 months before they passed so COVID sped up the decline and the end. Many people on this ward were well in their 80s and 90s.

They used to call pneumonia old man's friend without being controversial I definitely think the world now views every death as a failure instead of a natural thing we all will die at some point it's not
a failure . People are being kept alive with multiple organ failure and serious cognitive decline with low quality of life.

• Heart

Ibrokethegoddamnwheel

Chatty Member
I am sorry that you feel shit right now, but please don't class Covid as "a relatively mild virus" after its killed over 146,000 people in the UK alone, left many suffering with long Covid and many families have lost a loved one or more.

The situation is very serious and needs addressing. Many countries have had no option but to find money to fund whatever has been needed to help as many people get through this as possible.

I agree with you that so many of us are feeling shit, but at the moment the best we can do is pull together, stop feeling sorry for ourselves, support each other, and look forward to better times ahead. ❤
Oh bore off. My point, which seems to have been completely lost on you, was that if the government had funded the health service properly in the first place we wouldn’t be in such a ‘serious’ situation. You don’t get to dictate how I personally ‘class’ this virus. It is relatively mild compared to pandemics of the past, that doesn’t mean people haven’t died from it and that is of course terrible, but fact is the majority of people who catch it are fine. Don’t preach to me about stopping feeling sorry for ourselves, ‘pulling together’ and other twee bullshit. I’ve been looking forward to better times since the beginning of this shit show and it only seems to be getting worse.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 29

Ding

VIP Member
Rambling rant incoming....

I just don't get it. All the data I've seen from SA is showing that Omicron isn't that bad. So why is Whitty saying things like "we don't know much about it, but what we do know is bad" ??
Does it matter that today has the highest number of covid cases since the pandemic began? Do we test everyone for the common cold everyday and release the numbers? No!

I'm SO tired of it all now. Sick of having the big black cloud hanging over us, not knowing what restrictions are coming, not daring to make plans etc

My dad and his partner were meant to be going to a concert tomorrow night, but omicron and the new restrictions have put my dads partner off from going so hes now lost all the money he paid for the tickets which was over £150 🙄

I'm off to York tomorrow with my mum and brother for the day, but the dark cloud is looming over so I know I won't fully enjoy the day.

Sick of it.

• Sad
Reactions: 28

Ohflogoff

VIP Member
Me and my mum don’t want another lockdown for the simple reason that our next door neighbours are awful parents who swear at their kids morning, noon and night and we can’t stand the shouting and screaming coming through the walls
This is worrying. Given the recent publicity of the deaths of Arthur and Star, I hope your concern has been reported.

• Sad
Reactions: 27

EmilyChambers

VIP Member
What anxiety does it cause? What's the worse that can happen if there is a lockdown? Have people forgotten how many died after Christmas last year? The only worry I ever have is the kids and vunreable people with a poor life becoming invisible but shops, pubs and all that being shut doesn't really affect me?
Oh well, let's shut it all down if it doesnt affect you.

What about people who work in those places?

glasgow27

VIP Member
I still remember Sturgeon's most ridiculous rule introduced mid-lockdown, takeaways only being allowed to be collected from a 'doorway hatch'. Did nothing, just made her feel better.

• Haha

uwu

VIP Member
My parents are going to the o2 on Sunday to see a concert and my mum was like should we go, and I told her you can't keep putting your life on hold, you've been vaccinated, you got your booster, you do LFT's twice a week due to your job and you will wear a mask, plus have PCR's once a month as part of some government research trial. You can't sit in your home and be scared forever. So she is going now, I told her to have a good time and not worry.

• Heart

HoGi

VIP Member
GPs refusing to see people in favour of giving boosters will bump up numbers attending A&E. So that will feed the line about hospitals being overwhelmed

But cases will drop off next few days. No one is going to test after today if it means isolating for Xmas. Unless they do it purposely to avoid the mother in law 🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha