Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #109

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well I ended up having the best day in York with the fam today. We ate, drank n bought way too much 😂
Was outside a lot of the day round the markets then in a large retail outlet, where I'd say 95% of people were wearing masks. I've had my mask on whenever inside and sanitised plenty so fingers crossed we'll all be ok for Christmas.
We were going to call in at our local walk in vaccine centre that opened yesterday on the way back but we stayed out later than expected and it closed at 8. But I have an appointment booked for Saturday for it anyway 🙂

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Well I ended up having the best day in York with the fam today. We ate, drank n bought way too much 😂
Was outside a lot of the day round the markets then in a large retail outlet, where I'd say 95% of people were wearing masks. I've had my mask on whenever inside and sanitised plenty so fingers crossed we'll all be ok for Christmas.
We were going to call in at our local walk in vaccine centre that opened yesterday on the way back but we stayed out later than expected and it closed at 8. But I have an appointment booked for Saturday for it anyway 🙂
Good to hear! I remember you saying you thought there'd be a cloud over the day, but thankfully that seems to have not been the case. :)

• Heart
Reactions: 4
The vaccinated spread the virus more slowly. He doesn't get how viruses or vaccines work, does he?

266114534_4940858399260176_1855597119839255754_n (1).jpg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
The only good thing about us (Wales) closing nightclubs again is that no one will be spiked again for a while

0B091846-6393-466B-92A1-07F5EEC7D697.gif

#EveryCloud

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Not sure if this is the right place to look for advice, but wondered if someone could help.

I am testing negative every day on lateral flows but when I check the test about an hour later there is a faint positive line. This isn’t new, it’s been happening since I recovered from Covid in July. I’m wondering if anyone else has experienced similar and if it’s anything to worry about? Going home on Tuesday so really really hoping I’m definitely negative!

We don't need to save the NHS, they and the govts have a duty to save us.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
But the testing has increased the last two days. It is the highest it has ever been.
Testing may have increased because of the COVID passports coming into use for hospitality …two of our group did LFT tests in an alley last night to get in the pub 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I’m not sure tbh. I didn’t even know you were supposed to report even negative ones till last night, I’ve always just thrown mine away.
How did you get your official neg test result then ? you have to report your result and they text it back it's a joke

The south are looking to close hospitality at 5pm

• Sad
How did you get your official neg test result then ? you have to report your result and they text it back it's a joke

The south are looking to close hospitality at 5pm
I’ve got the COVID passport app but two of our group didn’t have any proof of vaccination on them. It just looked bonkers them running over the road to get LFT tests from the pharmacy then huddling down an alley like a couple of nutters. I’m assuming it relies on trust then which is madness really.

I’ve only ever done LFT tests before visiting someone. We get PCR tests at work weekly though. Twice weekly if your on an HBO or Netflix production 😳

I’ve got the COVID passport app but two of our group didn’t have any proof of vaccination on them. It just looked bonkers them running over the road to get LFT tests from the pharmacy then huddling down an alley like a couple of nutters. I’m assuming it relies on trust then which is madness really.

I’ve only ever done LFT tests before visiting someone. We get PCR tests at work weekly though. Twice weekly if your on an HBO or Netflix production 😳
Yip they're a waste of time ,you don't even need to test just upload a neg result on your Gov account and they text it back that stands as your official result 😂 did the place you were going just look at the actual test ?

Reactions: 1
Yip they're a waste of time ,you don't even need to test just upload a neg result on your Gov account and they text it back that stands as your official result 😂 did the place you were going just look at the actual test ?
No they looked at the texts they got back … I agree they’re a waste of time and all that feckin plastic waste 🙄.

Reactions: 5
Not sure if this is the right place to look for advice, but wondered if someone could help.

I am testing negative every day on lateral flows but when I check the test about an hour later there is a faint positive line. This isn’t new, it’s been happening since I recovered from Covid in July. I’m wondering if anyone else has experienced similar and if it’s anything to worry about? Going home on Tuesday so really really hoping I’m definitely negative!
Hi I wouldn’t worry too much! This has happened to me before too and I was so panicked that I did a PCR test and that came back negative. The results are void after half an hour so if you don’t get the line during that time you should be good :) if you are stressed you probably have enough time to get a PCR and the results back before Tuesday!

We had a work trip to Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park London today and the youngsters in the company were just sharing a screen shot of the covid passport from one of them that had actually done it to all the rest of them. The minimum wage zero hours contract security peeps on the entrance weren't bothered, they just took a cursory glance at everyone's phone to see this screenshot of the same covid passport and waved them all in. No checking of names or anything like that.

Even if you want a proper covid passport in your own name all you need to do is fill in the NHS form with the reference number off a LFT strip, don't even need to bother doing the test, and that gets you your negative result and 30 days covid pass.

Whole thing is an absolute waste of time and criminal waste of money (and plastic) from beginning to end.

(And it had to be a right covid hotspot in there, especially inside the Bavarian Village where everyone was wasted on Bavarian Gold beer and dancing on top of each other. Super-spreader event right there!).

• Wow
Reactions: 17
I haven’t applied for one but ours are photographic I think?
4F83F269-25C2-4A3A-8D94-10F5F6743B61.jpeg

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.