Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Tublet83

VIP Member
Hopefully Mad Friday will be a bit calmer this year. The NHS/paramedics already have their hands full!
It’s called black eyed Friday in Newcastle because you were guaranteed a black eye by the end of the night 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 22

Lucie1001

Chatty Member
What anxiety does it cause? What's the worse that can happen if there is a lockdown? Have people forgotten how many died after Christmas last year? The only worry I ever have is the kids and vunreable people with a poor life becoming invisible but shops, pubs and all that being shut doesn't really affect me?
Good for you, but what about all the people who will lose money and jobs with everything closed??
And I would quite like to beable to plan things and have some sort of life Thankyou!

• Heart

elliebee27

VIP Member
Keeping kids out of school is so detrimental to them, it's unreal. Here in the US we have had some places out almost two years. Many kids just disappeared from view not having support, laptops, etc and nowhere to go to study since libraries were closed too. California had that problem. Here in our new state our governor said he would not do that to our kids and his commitment to keeping them in school has been a great reason I approve of the guy. I hope all the kids in the UK stay in school. Here in the US the teachers' unions were hard at work trying not to work and screaming they would die, while going on vacations and sending their kids pre-recorded videos to watch.

We are destroying our children's futures before our eyes and only a certain segment of the population cares or even notices...

• Sad

EmilyChambers

VIP Member
Conversely, someone who is vaccinated might be more likely to be out and about spreading the virus as they feel fine. Whereas someone unvaxxed might be feeling the effects and staying home as they feel poorly ?
I definitely take more care and I'm not vaccinated. People at work have stopped testing twice a week because they are vaccinated, dont wear their mask properly because they are vaccinated, keep breaking bubbles because they are vaccinated, come to work with symptoms because they are vaccinated and one got caught speeding on the motorway last week after testing positive for covid and in isolation but felt he was ok to go out because he had a minor cold type symptoms and is vaccinated.

All of them are refusing fine booster yet never miss a chance to tell me I'm irresponsible.

Yet covid is going through our work place at a rate. I was the only one who had it at the beginning of the year when no one was vaccinated, now there is only me and 3 other unvaccinated who havent got it, everyone else is testing positive. I also received a verbal warning as I had to isolate due to not be vaccinated so they decided it meant my absent record was too high and needed addressing. They said that 28 days sick for the year was too much, despite 24 of those days were me having covid in January. However if I get vaccinated, the verbal warning will be withdrawn.

Last edited:
  • Wow

ordinaryjelly

VIP Member
I am in a private hospital at the moment and several of the staff here will leave before the vaccine is mandated. It is sad. They are brilliant nurses, carers (and the chef)

• Sad

keepyourpeace

VIP Member
What bothers me is I could have missed all the vaccines available to me in my life but be double vaxxed and thats all people are interested in? Like when did what I've had stuck in my body bother anyone before.

For the record I've had all my jabs prior to covid but its something that bothers me.

jackolantern

VIP Member
Cases literally mean fuck all. In fact, if it is as mild as OMICRON - it’s a fucking good thing! We want to all have it, that’s how pandemics end, it becoming a none entity. They are hyping this with 0 context to purposefully rile people up.

Fucking sick of even thinking about it all at this point.

Stop handing it to them and stop testing FGS.

• Heart

Brian Butterfield

VIP Member
I’m so worried about getting covid, it seems as if everyone has it at the moment with the positive test results being so high

It just feels the same as last year, winter is depressing enough without having this on top of it

I’m going to winter wonderland with my boyfriend tomorrow and I’m so nervous about being around people, I wish I didn’t have health anxiety
Please, please don't worry. A positive result does not automatically mean a very sick person.

Go out, enjoy a beautiful day with your man. Eat all the food, go on all the rides, drink all the drinks, be in the company of fellow humans and LIVE.

• Heart

Tinkerbell20

We can’t do this winter into spring lockdown every year…it’s not sustainable for businesses or for people’s mental health.

Chuff offohc

I believe there should be an option to opt out of paying national insurance and not using the NHS. If people want to pay private and actually get seen then great we should be allowed to chose. But we shouldn't be forced to pay for a service we arnt getting or dont want (everything online/appoontments unavailable).
I genuinely cant believe how many people are so reluctant to say no to restrictions and push back against all this ridiculousness.
Do I think boris is going to push for another lockdown? Yes. Do I want one? No. But while everyone is just allowing this madness to continue it will never end and I'm sick of hearing the words "due to covid" constantly about everything.

• Heart
Reactions: 21

Pixipoppy

VIP Member
We really need to stop testing asymptomatic people and making people isolate. We are all going to be exposed to this at some point - what are we actually hiding from now? A seemingly much more mild illness akin to a cold? What are we protecting? I just don’t understand

Tinkerbell20

The thought of lockdowns, more restrictions etc etc gives me so much anxiety and it’s hard hearing all these people who are basically self imposing a lockdown and going nowhere. Makes you feel guilty for not being that way but I just don’t want to anymore.

I just don’t see the way out of this if this is how we react to every new variant but while we’re testing everyone I don’t see how this ends. Surely we need to reach a point where you don’t need to be tested unless seriously ill & other people can go about their lives. Or am I selfish in thinking that?

I am so, so fed up. Didn’t think we’d be in this position again. A few months ago I was hopeful that by the end of next year things would be more or less totally normal, now I don’t see how we will be.

I’m also due my booster 5 days after my c section. I’m not against getting it but no chance at that point and although I was fine with my first 2 vaccines I’m not keen to get it too soon after and be ill with a 2 year old and baby at home.

• Heart
  • Sad

ATV2021

VIP Member
I love when Drs on TV say "oh those people who are saying it's milder and not to worry etc haven't been affected by covid"

I'm one of those people who feels we need to live with it. I've also had covid. I've got a relative with it on their death certificate (debatable mind) so....he's wrong already 🤣

• Heart

Tippingpoint23

VIP Member
Why all the Sturgeon hate….all she’s doing is trying to keep the country safe! Better than sitting back, pretending it isn’t happening then having to impose stricter rules as a result. It’s a difficult balance but she’s trying to do something.
I've seen this whole pandemic as her chance to 'dick swing' and try to show shes better than England and therefore independence is good, its why shes been banging on about independence again for months instead of focusing on the pandemic. Shes destroying scottish hospitality with these 'suggestions' without any financial backing to the industries being hit..

Kim Mild

VIP Member
I think it’s something to do with drinking too much and losing your inhibitions - if everywhere closes at 8 then I guess you’re expected to just go home rather than mixing too much
Those who make these stupid rules are so out of touch with real life . Are they unaware day drinking is a thing?

• Haha

Mbouzer

Anything of use been said?
Get boosted.
Roll your sleeve up.
Jabs in arms.
Boosters.
If you haven’t already, get boosted.
Get boosted now.
Jabs army.
Do your duty and get boosted.
Did I mention to get your booster?
Blah blah blah booster blah blah blah boosting boostathon boostilicious

• Haha

Ups27

VIP Member
This year has been the worst year of my life.. if they put in new restrictions I will crumble! I’ve had the jabs for freedom but like you said it’s not enough.

• Sad
  • Heart