Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #109

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The anxiety around covid and lockdown for me has been rife this week. 😪 I was really getting somewhere with going into the office 5 days a week and seeing my friends. Now I'm just terrified that clown is going to try locking us down soon.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Same here, tested my daughter yesterday as she was around someone with covid and it was negative. Unless she starts showing any symptoms then I'm not testing again.
Im the same, and I wont do a PCR now unless I have a positive LTR

Reactions: 7
Not read the whole thread so apologies if someone else has asked, but is this legit? It doesn't read like something that would be sent by a GP surgery. There are also a few mistakes with punctuation (lack of spaces after fullstops and that second apostrophe shouldn't be there), which makes me dubious.

eta: quoted the wrong post!

Saw this for you all. Seems similar positivity rate to us in the US, with testing panic or requirements as well.

Latest UK Covid figures: 78,610 cases from 1,319,891 tests, hence 5.96% positive test rate.

Previous peak cases: 76,128 cases on 4 Jan 2021 from 464,611 tests, hence 16.39% positive test rate.

Today’s figures show 3.3% increase in cases over Jan peak, but required 184% increase in tests.

imagine all the cash wasted on testing was put into hospital capacity and hiring especially with an older population we have with the boomer generation. But nah, that’s not important!

Reactions: 14
Thanks to this whole booster rush I had my 6 week postnatal check cancelled. (I stressed how important it was that I need to speak to someone due to having postnatal psychosis last time but nope. There is no support this time I’ve found) They did do babies partly , but not to the full extent they should have as they had to rush her appointment. Also can’t get her booked in for her vaccinations due in 2 weeks time. Told to call back in January 😬
I know there’s people way worse off who will need to see their gp, and I’m so worried for them. There’s gonna be many deaths on the governments hands and they won’t be from Covid.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Saw this for you all. Seems similar positivity rate to us in the US, with testing panic or requirements as well.

Latest UK Covid figures: 78,610 cases from 1,319,891 tests, hence 5.96% positive test rate.

Previous peak cases: 76,128 cases on 4 Jan 2021 from 464,611 tests, hence 16.39% positive test rate.

Today’s figures show 3.3% increase in cases over Jan peak, but required 184% increase in tests.

imagine all the cash wasted on testing was put into hospital capacity and hiring especially with an older population we have with the boomer generation. But nah, that’s not important!
This is exactly what I mean about statistics out of context. Headline news is highest cases ever. But in reality the number of tests conducted is much much higher than usual and positivity rate hasn't increased much from last week.

Reactions: 9
This is exactly what I mean about statistics out of context. Headline news is highest cases ever. But in reality the number of tests conducted is much much higher than usual and positivity rate hasn't increased much from last week.
Yeah reporting positivity rates would be much more useful than raw numbers.

Reactions: 4
My nephew has tested positive anyone know if I have to isolate if I saw him on Sunday?
Depends when his symptoms started I think.

Girl at my work had been in the office on a Wednesday, symptoms started Friday, then tested positive on LFT/PCR on Saturday - NHS didn’t need her work contacts as it was pre-symptoms!

Positive cases doesn’t equal hospitalisation.

Atm they are saying 3 boosters, but what about next variation? A new booster for each variation?

Reactions: 9
Depends when his symptoms started I think.

Girl at my work had been in the office on a Wednesday, symptoms started Friday, then tested positive on LFT/PCR on Saturday - NHS didn’t need her work contacts as it was pre-symptoms!
He’s only 8 and has two lateral flow positive tests he’s away for a PCR

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Cases literally mean duck all. In fact, if it is as mild as OMICRON - it’s a bleeping good thing! We want to all have it, that’s how pandemics end, it becoming a none entity. They are hyping this with 0 context to purposefully rile people up.

bleeping sick of even thinking about it all at this point.

Stop handing it to them and stop testing FGS.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Cases literally mean duck all. In fact, if it is as mild as OMICRON - it’s a bleeping good thing! We want to all have it, that’s how pandemics end, it becoming a none entity. They are hyping this with 0 context to purposefully rile people up.

bleeping sick of even thinking about it all at this point.

Stop handing it to them and stop testing FGS.
This is what i don’t understand, its doing what viruses do, it’s becoming less lethal, they scientists know this,surely they were expecting it?

Reactions: 12
This is what i don’t understand, its doing what viruses do, it’s becoming less lethal, they scientists know this,surely they were expecting it?
Ofcourse they do. But if they told people that they’d stop making money off their vaccines.

Reactions: 10
stop being angry about people who want a lockdown and be angry at the government who put us all in this neverending hell hole instead
The Government can do what they want. We don't have to comply. It is on each and every one of us who needlessly tests, needlessly stays home. You have to be the change you want to see.

Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.