Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

jackolantern

VIP Member
Can I just please request to anyone saying they won’t follow measures if they are in place again - while i wholeheartedly agree PLEASE for the love of god don’t take it out on us retail/hospitality etc staff when we *have* to ask you to comply. We got so much shit the first time round and it isn’t our fault - we will literally lose our jobs if we don’t. Can’t bare the thought of this all again.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 28

Yoghurtpots

VIP Member
You still have to self isolate if you test positive it is just close contacts where if you are vaccinated you don't need to self isolate. I still don't agree with it and it doesn't make sense given.
For me, I would like us all to move on now. No testing, no isolation, no restrictions. Just live with it like every other illness. My personal chance of dying and most healthy people is 0.0005%. I think let the people stay at home and wear masks if they want and the rest of us move on with our lives. They have already stolen nearly two years. Thats nearly 1/4 of my 8 year olds life

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 24

Cupcakemum

VIP Member
Apparently there's a lot of reinfections they think that's what's accounting for the high numbers in Wales they count them in the stats but England don't .
There's always something though.. reinfections, new variant, 45,000 wrong results given out, football, young people daring to meet up socially, schools, vaccines efficacy, waning efficacy blah blah blah

We're stuck in a perpetual cycle and by keep reinstating restrictions isn't going to do anything at all part from piss people off.

The reason will always be to protect the NHS. That's not our job, we pay for it so it should be protected better by the people we also pay. We can't being punished because they can't bail it out after investing in it so badly

Reactions: 22

jackolantern

VIP Member
The NHS has been on its fucking knees for decades, forcing people to have experimental vaccines for a virus most people have little to no risk of, is not the solution. Most people are double vaxxed or even triple now and it’s still not going away, because it won’t and even if it did, there will just be something new. We are grossly overpopulated, have a serious problem with poor lifestyle choices and in high stress states from the demands of a Western way of living. COVID isn’t destroying the NHS, that is and still will be even if we were all vaxxed.

The joke of saying people expect the NHS to still be there for them, as if somehow that is a high expectation. We pay for it, it is literally a service that onus shouldn’t be on us to fix. Yet we can barely even get a GP appointment prior to this whole thing, nevermind anything more. You have to quite literally beg, borrow and steal to get anywhere with the NHS. COVID or no COVID.

Last edited:
  • Heart

EmilyChambers

VIP Member
So now all NHS workers are to be jabbed or be sacked. They have until the 1st April to be done.

Nice.

Had flu jab consent form from school yesterday with a nice little box that said

"If the reason for refusal of the flu nasal spray doesn't meet our criteria, we reserve the right to enforce loco parentis and go ahead with administering the spray"

• Wow
  • Angry
  • Sad

Notgonnalie

VIP Member
Many parts of the U.K. had 10 hour waiting lists for a&es before covid. Many parts of the U.K. had trouble getting a gp appointment long before covid. Covid has highlighted and worsened the issue, but it’s certainly not a new thing. It’s the government that’s the problem for not managing the health service properly.

• Sad
Reactions: 21

ordinaryjelly

VIP Member
"not just to save lives, but to keep your freedoms too"

Honestly. Keep our freedoms, you couldn't make this up. You never took mine away you wolf dressed in sheep's clothing. Just do one.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 20

ordinaryjelly

VIP Member
We'll get to thread 1,000 and it will still be here and we'll be having the same conversations about vaccines, masks and social distancing.

Reactions: 19

underwhelmed1985

I’m in Wales and I just spoke to my husband about the new self-isolation rules and we’ve both made the decision to not test. If we don’t test, the other doesn’t have to isolate. We will also not be complying with any restrictions they bring back. This for us, ends now.

• Heart
  • Sick

jackolantern

VIP Member
We won't ever get out of this unless they stop testing kids. It's so far beyond ridiculous at this point. Imagine if we behaved this way for a cold? You'd be lucky to have 10% attendance each day.

• Angry

HoGi

VIP Member
Didn’t I say the message is changing, don’t think you’re protected just because you have two jabs you need to step up for your boosters 😉waning immunity is real. But good to see the ONS acknowledge that the lower hospitalisations and deaths are PARTLY due to the vaccines and not solely like many like to claim…Especially on here.
After the 19th December ruining of Christmas last year, I won't believe in a lockdown free Christmas until it happens. Although I will be spending it with family regardless of lockdown status

Reactions: 18

ATV2021

VIP Member
There are people who sadly lost loved ones to covid after locking them away to protect them and regret they spent their final time alone.
Yep I'm one of those. I did breach LD rules to see my grandfather after my Nan died alone in a care home after we hadn't been able to see her for months so I went 🖕 as I knew he wouldn't be coming out of hospital. I regret nothing

• Heart

EmilyChambers

VIP Member
You've a right to moan because you've done your bit with the jabs. It's annoying when people who won't wear a mask, won't take a jab, basically won't do a thing to try and keep cases down then have the nerve to moan when restrictions come back.
I haven't been vaccinated and don't wear a mask. I clean my hands regularly and test twice a week.

A work colleague is double vaccinated. She doesnt test regularly because she has been vaccinated, she had covid symptoms a few weeks ago and didn't get pcr tested because she couldn't afford to be off work so told everyone it was just a cold. Her daughter has just tested positive for covid as well as her husband. Her husband goes for a walk each night because "its unreasonable to expect people to not leave a house for 10 days" She went for a pcr test Monday never told work and it came back positive yesterday.

She is now in trouble at work because she said she got her positive on a lateral flow yesterday evening because she shouldn't have been working after going for a pcr when she had symptoms. She has to go for a PCR and she can't book another because she had one 2 days ago. She also can't remove the date from her positive pcr test results because the date is in the middle of all her info so work would be able to see it has been removed.

So for the last week she has had Covid. Yesterday, someone phoned in sick with symptoms, also double vaccinated, and they were with her all day last Friday and Monday so thanks to colleague being utterly selfish, she has potentially spread it.

However, it's ok in her eyes as she is double vaccinated and therefore 50% less likely to spread it and therefore she is more socially responsible than anyone who hasn't been accounted.

She's also put in our work chat that at least she doesnt have to have the booster because she now has immunity through having covid as well as being double vaccinated.

Basically, I wish double vaccinated would stop going on as though they have "done their bit" and now no longer need to do anything. Her double vaccines were at the beginning of the year so the its probable ber immunity has worn off, hence being called for her booster, however she is refusing the booster now so do I get to scorn at her for being an anti vaxxer?!

She is one of many I see over social media who is refusing the booster too so she isnt isolated in her contradictory opinion.

• Angry
  • Heart

ordinaryjelly

VIP Member
I know that this data is being sought from the majority of NHS trusts, but 1000 deaths counted in the covid death statistics yet only 3 of those died of covid in the entire year. It is a travesty that for 18 months they have been allowed to misled and construe their data to carry on a fear narrative that really truly had no basis in fact. This is 2020 data so from before the miracle vaccine sent to save us all. 3 deaths.

I am in hospital and a bit dolally from anaesthesia yesterday, but that NHS Dorset Healthcare has 0.3% of people they declared as a covid death having actually died of covid. If we extrapolate that nationally to the 124k Covid deaths (since the beginning of this sham and including post magic vaccine) I believe it is 342 deaths. 342.

Yesterday 450 people died of cancer.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 17

Kim Mild

VIP Member
But if you don't test and you don't self-isolate you could potentially carry the virus and infect other people. Does this not worry you?
People could be carrying viruses that we don't test for and spreading it to others. That's life . It's what viruses have evolved to do .

Every time in our lifetime that each of us has caught a virus , we have caught it of someone else. This guilt tripping is not healthy.

SarahGard83

VIP Member
Why is all of Twitter crying out for a full lockdown? To what end? Hasn't the economy suffered enough already? I honestly don't know what another lockdown would achieve and honestly don't see it happening anyway. Masks will come back for sure and maybe some degree of social distancing but not a full lockdown

Princesst

Chatty Member
Why is all of Twitter crying out for a full lockdown? To what end? Hasn't the economy suffered enough already? I honestly don't know what another lockdown would achieve and honestly don't see it happening anyway. Masks will come back for sure and maybe some degree of social distancing but not a full lockdown
I just don’t get who would actually WANT to exist in lockdown and not understand that if that is the way it goes now that’ll be the same every winter surely? What’s going to improve next year more than the situation now? I think the only people that would want lockdown would be people that have plenty of money so don’t need to worry about jobs or business being lost, love their house enough to be stuck in it at all times with all of the other people that live with them, have no desire to travel or even experience anything outside of watching our previous life quality on TV and no desire to be social by any means. 🤷‍♀️

Honestly don’t get it and it just scares me. Maybe if the statistics for cancer or dementia or other life threatening situations were constantly rammed down their throats for 18 months on a daily basis they might understand that we are never “safe”, unfortunately.

Pixipoppy

VIP Member
"not just to save lives, but to keep your freedoms too"

Honestly. Keep our freedoms, you couldn't make this up. You never took mine away you wolf dressed in sheep's clothing. Just do one.

Horrific. Saw an advert on the back of a bus the other day here in wales that said something like “the vaccines keep life open!” What the fuck. I’m triple vaxxed but I think the way they’re going about this is gross.

• Angry
  • Wow

Pixipoppy

VIP Member
But if you don't test and you don't self-isolate you could potentially carry the virus and infect other people. Does this not worry you?
At some point we will all just have to come to terms with the fact that covid, like any other seasonal virus, is just going to be something with us forever. We can’t live our lives constantly testing, checking and isolating. We have never done this for the flu or other illnesses.