Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Purrrrrrr

VIP Member
My point is what right would someone have to complain as moan about any restrictions being brought back if they haven't done a thing to stop them coming back?

It's different to someone complaining or moaning about restrictions being brought back who has been jabbed, regularly test themselves and still wear a mask in crowded settings.
I have the right because I believe most of this is absolute BS and never throughout history has anyone got their freedoms back after voluntary giving them away.

Reactions: 14

cubegame

I had very bad side effects after I had the second vaccine.
High fever, felt very ill and weak, bad cough for a few weeks etc.

Essentially, I think people can do whatever they want.

But they should be considerate of other people.
If someone feels ill and doesn't test so they don't have to self-isolate then I think this is out of order.

I got vaccinated for two reasons:

1) I like to go to events and travel freely

2) I don't want to endanger anyone, eg if I need help if I were to get really ill from Covid etc.
I only really had the vaccine for the reason of travel. Therefore I'm mightily pissed off that it's been harder this year than last. Fortunately it's possible to avoid travel testing with some creative thinking and we've stayed away from any country that sees fit to impose vaccine passports for everyday activities.

I said a few pages back that I think the UK is in an interesting place right now as somehow the bumbling fat fool of a PM seems to have called it correctly. I imagine our cases will be near zero by Xmas while Europe is panicking and locking down.

I'm a true believer that Europe will see a COVID spring next year where we start to see populations rallying against restrictions in a manner not seen before. I can certainly imagine that at least one or two Western governments might fall in a messy (or violent) way and start a domino effect.

My money is on Austria (lockdowns for the unvaccinated 40%), Italy (no jab, no job), Romania/Bulgaria (failed vaccination program and failed vaccine passport scheme) or Melbourne, Australia (Despot Dan Andrews).

Exactly. Unless someone is in a medical setting having regular observations, there is no way of measuring how ill someone is. It is down to someone's personal tolerance, which is basically like an opinion/ perception.
How many times have you heard or read someone saying "I think it's a cold but I took a test anyway and I'm so glad it's negative"?

Why would you care anymore?

I'll tell you. The government has been spending the best part of two years scaring the bejesus out of everyone and messaging that although you should get a vaccine you shouldn't dare to trust it will actually stop you dying from COVID. So you'd not be too unreasonable to think that as you slowly get more ill with the post-vaccine snuffle that you're on a one way path to being in a box.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13

Pixipoppy

VIP Member
Does anyone get a feeling of deja a vu, cases are rising, nothing being done?
They were the same in July as things were starting to open up. We have vaccines now. What do you propose we do? This is going to keep happening and we have to learn to live with it.

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Heard about a mum today who had suffered badly after her first vaccination, she’s in very early stages of pregnancy (no idea how far along but over 3 months because they’ve announced it to everyone now) she didn’t get the second jab, I assume because she knew she was/could be pregnant and wasn’t confident getting it,

she wasn’t allowed into the cinema yesterday with her little boy and husband because she’s not fully vaccinated. ☹

• Sad
  • Angry
  • Wow

ATV2021

VIP Member
Because most people don’t want to admit that’s why they had it. The reality is they are angry at those of us who won’t have the vaccine, because they blame us for their lack of freedoms despite what they think they have done to “get them back”. So how do you force the rest of us to jab up so you can return to your coffee shops? Tell us we will die if we don’t, or we will kill the vulnerable! Despite the fact they don’t believe that for one second.

It’s nothing more than a blame game because they can’t see that they are the problem. You gave away your freedoms. If more of us had been sensible about our risk and realised how small it was, we wouldn’t be in the position now where they had anything to hold over us, or any minorities to blame.

Blame yourself and point your turmoil inwards. Expecting anyone else to have experimental healthcare, or indeed any healthcare, so you can get freedoms back that weren’t taken by them, is sick.
It is a total blame game and I know more people can see this...but they obviously focus on the minority who want lockdowns which I know nobody who does btw.

The media is the biggest spreader of this by far. Now they can't have folk out stockpiling for a while they've reverted back to covid fearmongering again and it's terribly boring.

And Javid yesterday basically regurgitated the "don't kill Grandma" line 🙄. Death is a side effect of life. Your time is up when it's up (I believe) and yeah we need to live with it. *tantrums on floor at the thought of being back here again lol*

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
I don’t believe the 70% stats, or any to be honest.
it’s just a way of making others believe the should be feeling a similar way.

it will be interesting to see how many of these figures we’re being fed are real or fictitious. If we ever do.

3 jabs in 10 months (less than 10 for most) is bizarre, especially if it’s true that it does little to control transmission and those who are vaccinated are spreading the virus at almost the same rate as those who aren’t.

the business secretary was on this morning saying they wouldn’t be going back to any type of lockdown.

Pixipoppy

VIP Member
Fed up of seeing people in comment sections going “they should bring back masks and social distancing, it’s nO bIg DeALLLLL” Erm, okay for you to say that Karen I’m sure no one wants to stand without 6 feet of you anyway. Try telling that to the hundreds of businesses that went under last year because they just couldn’t operate under SD laws.

footylass2021

I'm just trying to get my head around, if you are unvaccinated and test positive you have to isolate for 10 days, but if you are double jabbed and test positive you can carry on as normal, so why are the unjabbed getting the blame because cases are rising? 🙃🤡
You still isolate for 10 days if you catch COVID and you have been double jabbed

double jabbed people only go on with normal life if they have been a contact

Yel

Chatty Member
I don't see how they can lock down again as the whole point was to wait for a jab I thought?

Every winter the health service as at breakdown as it is.

I heard that only 12% of excess deaths are covid related this year. But 70% of people support more lockdowns.

• Wow

monga

VIP Member
It's disgraceful how things are around the NHS at the moment. I need a scan and the referral was sent to the hospital at the beginning of August. I had not heard anything and this morning finally got a reply saying it's going to be at least another 8 to 10 weeks.
It’s awful 😞 a senior consultant where I am has said he’s not seen anything like it his entire career, but it’s grim whenever children with cancer are waiting a year for an appointment 🙁

• Sad
  • Wow

jackolantern

VIP Member
It is literally grossing me out to see NHS anaesthetists/intensive care doctors from my local trust tweeting how frustrating it is to have unvaccinated patients in their ITU. pretty sure they wouldn’t dare say the same about obese patients.

I remember each year around the general election, we would receive correspondence from the communications department explicitly telling us not to broadcast our views on social media as NHS workers.

With regards to the trigger for “plan B” being of the NHS is overwhelmed… Every winter is tough. I remember as far back as 2014 we had winter pressures, surgery was cancelled. We had no beds. This is nothing new. People need to accept their precious NHS is not fit for purpose, it hasn’t been for a long time. It’s nothing to clap about, it’s become some left wing religion
I honestly think a lot of doctors/consultants have always been judgemental pricks about their patients. I think the only difference now is shaming them has become somewhat acceptable on a global scale, so they’ve started vocalising it whereas they wouldn’t dare before. Well, not publicly anyway.

It has become fair game and in fact, actively encouraged, to treat the unvaxxed like murderous lepers. What a world.

DaisyDeluxe

VIP Member
I don't appreciate being spoken to in this way.
But it reminds me of what The Queen said when she got her vaccine: "You should think about other people, not just yourself".

If I were unvaccinated and had to go to hospital due to the virus I would be terrified to infect a doctor or nurse.
Vaccinations are not just for yourself, but also the people around you.

AND: If someone wants to rely on hospitals etc then they are not solely responsible for their own health, then they would seek help from others.
Even though you could still infect a doctor/nurse despite being vaccinated? What part of "being vaccinated doesn't stop you spreading it" are people not getting?

SarahGard83

VIP Member
Amazing night at Sheffield arena watching Steps. Not one person asked to see my covid pass. It was absolutely packed and the atmosphere was electric.

• Heart
Reactions: 12

cubegame

But - and please correct me if I am wrong - I thought that the vaccines would only prevent serious illness, but not infection and transmission.

Which means that although I am vaccinated I can get the virus just as an unvaccinated person, and I can transmit it just as an unvaccinated person would, but I would be less likely to need to go to hospital or have long-term health damage.

Am I wrong here?
You're right.

So what is the rationale to restrict freedoms when their is now a only a very small chance of serious illness? It's unprecedented.

If you're ill, stay at home and recover. If you're not, you shouldn't even be taking a test.

It's not March 2020 anymore.

inkypinkyponky

VIP Member
A month of a vaccine passport being used and cases are surging. It's like as much as the vaccines DO protect you and DO make you less likely to catch covid, you can still catch it and still pass it on.
I think the vaccine passes just make people even more psychologically complacent as it's like a false sense of security to be treated differently than the unclean unvaccinated. Similar to how you see people in masks behave

• Heart

Purrrrrrr

VIP Member
Hope you’re on the mend soon and it’s a mild dose x

I don’t know who the liars are you’ll have Javid and Co take to the stage at 5 saying people need to come forward for boosters yet they’re not even being offered to people yet

It's disgraceful how things are around the NHS at the moment. I need a scan and the referral was sent to the hospital at the beginning of August. I had not heard anything and this morning finally got a reply saying it's going to be at least another 8 to 10 weeks.

• Sad

ordinaryjelly

VIP Member
You know, nobody has to get the vaccine.

So far nobody stood up and said:
I don't want the vaccine, I don't want restrictions but if I were to catch the virus I would still do what I do and I get ill I go to hospital and if I infect someone else then I prefer this to being vaccinated.

But wouldn't this be honest?

I did get the vaccine
1) For myself (events and travel) BUT ALSO
2) To not infect others (if I were to get sick). I would have got the vaccine for this reason alone also.

Just think about my dentist, hairdresser etc - I would expose them to risk if I would be careless. Who wants that?
NO ONE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYBODY ELSE'S HEALTH.

I am not any more responsible for you any more than you are for me.

I take immuno suppressant medicine not once have I blamed anyone else for a cough I catch that leads to a chest infection that leads to a ITU stay, I have not once sat down and thought who coughed near me and nearly killed me and gone on to make a voodoo doll of them and exacted revenge.
Which appears to be how vaccinated folk operate.

• Heart
Ah, the old “taking up NHS resources” argument. 😅

my colleague had to amputate a young mans manged legs who jumped in front of a train. Selfish man inflicting his choices on others and taking up NHS resources! How dare he! 🙄 Now Ada the 80 year old lady who fell down the stairs with a broken femur will have to wait another day.
Healthcare is there for everyone, not who you pick and choose is worthy enough. Protecting something that already isn’t fit for purpose

NHS worshippers are hilarious. Especially when they have no clue what goes on in healthcare. Don’t even try me with the bUt cAncER PAtients !!! Line

• Heart