Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #105

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have Covid at the moment - the Test and Trace online form may take me the remainder of my 10 day isolation to complete as it is extremely lengthy. Sadly I don’t think it will be possible to recall everywhere I have been between the 4-11th October (to see where I could have caught it) or the 14th-17th (to see where I have spread it) as the form requests. As I live in a big city I am surprised I haven’t caught it sooner to be honest. Hopefully it won’t be too bad.

I had a bad cold earlier this month and then BAM! COVID came straight after.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
There are people who sadly lost loved ones to covid after locking them away to protect them and regret they spent their final time alone.
Yep I'm one of those. I did breach LD rules to see my grandfather after my Nan died alone in a care home after we hadn't been able to see her for months so I went 🖕 as I knew he wouldn't be coming out of hospital. I regret nothing

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Woken up with a sore throat and runny nose this morning. Spent the weekend with my brother who has a cold (has done a pcr) so I think it must be from him 🙄 I did an lft this morning and was negative. This is the first cold I've had since Jan 2019 😯

• Sad
I think (but I may be wrong) that boosters are only for the vulnerable or those that would normally get offered a free flu jab. Like you said most younger people have only just had their 2nd jab anyway so wouldn’t be due a booster until early 2022 🤷‍♀️
A woman at work has a husband in his fifties and he has been called for his booster.

I thought everyone who had been double fascinated then need a teary booster?

I have Covid at the moment - the Test and Trace online form may take me the remainder of my 10 day isolation to complete as it is extremely lengthy. Sadly I don’t think it will be possible to recall everywhere I have been between the 4-11th October (to see where I could have caught it) or the 14th-17th (to see where I have spread it) as the form requests. As I live in a big city I am surprised I haven’t caught it sooner to be honest. Hopefully it won’t be too bad.

I had a bad cold earlier this month and then BAM! COVID came straight after.
Hope you’re on the mend soon and it’s a mild dose x

I don’t know who the liars are you’ll have Javid and Co take to the stage at 5 saying people need to come forward for boosters yet they’re not even being offered to people yet

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 3
Hope you’re on the mend soon and it’s a mild dose x

I don’t know who the liars are you’ll have Javid and Co take to the stage at 5 saying people need to come forward for boosters yet they’re not even being offered to people yet

It's disgraceful how things are around the NHS at the moment. I need a scan and the referral was sent to the hospital at the beginning of August. I had not heard anything and this morning finally got a reply saying it's going to be at least another 8 to 10 weeks.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
I'm happy to wear masks in shops but I have been attending community groups weekly, no masks but keeping respectful distance. Finally talk of going back to the office after WFH since March 2020. Will be annoying to get back to working in office then being locked down straight away. I went to the gym the other day, there were hardly any masks.

Reactions: 2
I don't see how they can lock down again as the whole point was to wait for a jab I thought?

Every winter the health service as at breakdown as it is.

I heard that only 12% of excess deaths are covid related this year. But 70% of people support more lockdowns.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
It's disgraceful how things are around the NHS at the moment. I need a scan and the referral was sent to the hospital at the beginning of August. I had not heard anything and this morning finally got a reply saying it's going to be at least another 8 to 10 weeks.
It’s awful 😞 a senior consultant where I am has said he’s not seen anything like it his entire career, but it’s grim whenever children with cancer are waiting a year for an appointment 🙁

• Sad
  • Wow
I got a referral back in the summer and opted to go private and when I called up to book with the hospital even they had a 2 month wait for an appointment. Its absolutely crazy. Hope you hear sooner than 8 to 10 weeks.

• Sad
I got a referral back in the summer and opted to go private and when I called up to book with the hospital even they had a 2 month wait for an appointment. Its absolutely crazy. Hope you hear sooner than 8 to 10 weeks.
Thank you. I'm literally hopping on one leg. I'm falling over and now they are fitting a call system in case I fall badly. I cannot use a normal walker as have arthritic wrists so can't put my weight on them. I have a wheeled walker for outdoors but obviously no good for a one-legged person

hopping as a 15yo and then a 63yo are nothing alike. 😂

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Wonder how people will react. I know I'm going to just carry one as I am, I'm 100% done with it
It won't affect us we've never been out of restrictions but I'd doubt they'd be able to make people step back when they've maintained the vaccines were the way out .I think people have had enough and will let them carry the can themselves this time .

Reactions: 9
It won't affect us we've never been out of restrictions but I'd doubt they'd be able to make people step back when they've maintained the vaccines were the way out .I think people have had enough and will let them carry the can themselves this time .
My son, his partner and two of their children had the vaccine so they could be free, and now? They have a performance company plus a home abroad with three teens who want to go out and about. it's not going to be easy for them.

I and my other two children have pretty much lived as best we could, no masks no SD and seeing each other as much as we could, homeschooling the children and thankfully their lives have not really been touched.

Reactions: 3
I don’t believe the 70% stats, or any to be honest.
it’s just a way of making others believe the should be feeling a similar way.

it will be interesting to see how many of these figures we’re being fed are real or fictitious. If we ever do.

3 jabs in 10 months (less than 10 for most) is bizarre, especially if it’s true that it does little to control transmission and those who are vaccinated are spreading the virus at almost the same rate as those who aren’t.

the business secretary was on this morning saying they wouldn’t be going back to any type of lockdown.

My son, his partner and two of their children had the vaccine so they could be free, and now? They have a performance company plus a home abroad with three teens who want to go out and about. it's not going to be easy for them.

I and my other two children have pretty much lived as best we could, no masks no SD and seeing each other as much as we could, homeschooling the children and thankfully their lives have not really been touched.
Ironic isn't it ! What will encourage people to have the vaccine now if restrictions are brought back ? for those of us that knew it was only to protect us and not end the pandemic it won't be much of a shock but for those that bought into the whole propaganda and spin it's going to be a bitter pill , I see Malta has banned UK citizens again I'm sure it's only the first of many.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Wonder how people will react. I know I'm going to just carry one as I am, I'm 100% done with it
I think lots of people are. The large majority of people have taken their vaccines and/or done everything within their power to help. I can see a huge amount of those people not agreeing with masks and restrictions again.

We've also been told that the vaccine reduces transmission, but the fact remains that cases are going up.

The jury really is still out if masks make any difference, but they'll be the first thing to be brought back in, and probably the thing that will be ignored the most.

What will annoy me is if they don't change the isolation rules. That needs seriously looking at, and the old rule of if anyone in your house/sit directly near/ spend close time with tests positive then you do too - regardless of your vaccine status.
The scientists tell us that the vaccine isn't a cure all situation, so everyone should be treated the same.

Kids and unvaccinated people can't keep being the scapegoats, there are many other contributing factors as well and that's a major one.
If it reduced transmission that much then we wouldn't be seeing vaccinated colleagues and close friends going down one after the other.
If they implement social distancing again without the old isolation rules what difference will anything really make? Especially when we've broken the habit now of social distancing

Reactions: 9
I think lots of people are. The large majority of people have taken their vaccines and/or done everything within their power to help. I can see a huge amount of those people not agreeing with masks and restrictions again.

We've also been told that the vaccine reduces transmission, but the fact remains that cases are going up.

The jury really is still out if masks make any difference, but they'll be the first thing to be brought back in, and probably the thing that will be ignored the most.

What will annoy me is if they don't change the isolation rules. That needs seriously looking at, and the old rule of if anyone in your house/sit directly near/ spend close time with tests positive then you do too - regardless of your vaccine status.
The scientists tell us that the vaccine isn't a cure all situation, so everyone should be treated the same.

Kids and unvaccinated people can't keep being the scapegoats, there are many other contributing factors as well and that's a major one.
If it reduced transmission that much then we wouldn't be seeing vaccinated colleagues and close friends going down one after the other.
If they implement social distancing again without the old isolation rules what difference will anything really make? Especially when we've broken the habit now of social distancing
Apparently there's a lot of reinfections they think that's what's accounting for the high numbers in Wales they count them in the stats but England don't .

1ABB2BA1-2DF1-4C59-9C63-BD9453E3BCC6.jpeg

Reactions: 2
They’re calling for Plan B to start immediately
Winter crisis is churned out by the media every year without fail and the NHS is still here. It's scaremongering when it doesn't need to be said. The NHS is there to protect us, not the other way around.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.