Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #105

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Winter crisis is churned out by the media every year without fail and the NHS is still here. It's scaremongering when it doesn't need to be said. The NHS is there to protect us, not the other way around.
I'm not so sure this year the lack of staff is bound to have an impact especially if they have to isolate as a close contact,we shouldn't be sitting like this with such a successful vaccine programme ,it's like everything else throughout the pandemic one step forward ,ten back .

Reactions: 4
Hoping restrictions aren't brought back. I'm taking my daughter away in 3 weeks on a shopping weekend. It's her Christmas from 2019 as little mix was cancelled on her twice. While I don't mind wearing a mask it'd be nice if we could enjoy a normal weekend

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Apparently there's a lot of reinfections they think that's what's accounting for the high numbers in Wales they count them in the stats but England don't .
There's always something though.. reinfections, new variant, 45,000 wrong results given out, football, young people daring to meet up socially, schools, vaccines efficacy, waning efficacy blah blah blah

We're stuck in a perpetual cycle and by keep reinstating restrictions isn't going to do anything at all part from piss people off.

The reason will always be to protect the NHS. That's not our job, we pay for it so it should be protected better by the people we also pay. We can't being punished because they can't bail it out after investing in it so badly

Reactions: 22
The reason will always be to protect the NHS. That's not our job, we pay for it so it should be protected better by the people we also pay. We can't being punished because they can't bail it out after investing in it so badly
100% this. Boris and co are meant to manage and protect the NHS. Why do we get the blame for their continued incompetence?

Reactions: 15
"not just to save lives, but to keep your freedoms too"

Honestly. Keep our freedoms, you couldn't make this up. You never took mine away you wolf dressed in sheep's clothing. Just do one.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 20

Honestly. Keep our freedoms, you couldn't make this up. You never took mine away you wolf dressed in sheep's clothing. Just do one.

Horrific. Saw an advert on the back of a bus the other day here in wales that said something like “the vaccines keep life open!” What the duck. I’m triple vaxxed but I think the way they’re going about this is gross.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 17

Down to the CEV to top up and save society ...Rule Brittania (n)

Reactions: 3

Did he actually just say that :cry: What more do people need to hear for to see what they are doing is so wrong

• Sad

It's like a bloody threat now. Creating the ultimate divided society. Oh people blame whoever didn't get vaccinated to why you're locked up in your house forever! It's actually bloody ridiculous and I don't know anyone who would abide to another lockdown or restrictions! If I wanna see my friends I'm going to. I won't be having more vaccines (well I say that it's being made bloody law to do my job in a sector that's already on its arse and won't see a single penny of the apparent money social care are promised because the NHS fat cats will gobble that up first!)

It's like a bloody threat now. Creating the ultimate divided society. Oh people blame whoever didn't get vaccinated to why you're locked up in your house forever! It's actually bloody ridiculous and I don't know anyone who would abide to another lockdown or restrictions! If I wanna see my friends I'm going to. I won't be having more vaccines (well I say that it's being made bloody law to do my job in a sector that's already on its arse and won't see a single penny of the apparent money social care are promised because the NHS fat cats will gobble that up first!)
Why do they need to know who we are and why do politicians need extra protections?
Because of what is about to happen next, led by them, and the reactions we the public will have.

• Sad
Horrific. Saw an advert on the back of a bus the other day here in wales that said something like “the vaccines keep life open!” What the duck. I’m triple vaxxed but I think the way they’re going about this is gross.
You've a right to moan because you've done your bit with the jabs. It's annoying when people who won't wear a mask, won't take a jab, basically won't do a thing to try and keep cases down then have the nerve to moan when restrictions come back.

• Angry
You've a right to moan because you've done your bit with the jabs. It's annoying when people who won't wear a mask, won't take a jab, basically won't do a thing to try and keep cases down then have the nerve to moan when restrictions come back.
The vaccines clearly aren’t keeping restrictions away though so who are you to say “won’t take a jab” , masks aren’t compulsory anymore so saying “won’t wear a mask” is pathetic.

The reason this is still going on is two things
1. Tolerance
2. Compliance

When people tolerate being treated like tit and told it’s a luxury to eat dinner at their family’s house or go out for a meal then more measures will be enforced, when people comply with those measures it won’t stop, the only way this will ever end or stop is if people stop tolerating it, stop complying with it and demand more.

Our grandfathers fought for our freedoms in the war, we don’t need to fight for our freedoms over a coronavirus infection.

Reactions: 17
I haven't been vaccinated and don't wear a mask. I clean my hands regularly and test twice a week.

A work colleague is double vaccinated. She doesnt test regularly because she has been vaccinated, she had covid symptoms a few weeks ago and didn't get pcr tested because she couldn't afford to be off work so told everyone it was just a cold. Her daughter has just tested positive for covid as well as her husband. Her husband goes for a walk each night because "its unreasonable to expect people to not leave a house for 10 days" She went for a pcr test Monday never told work and it came back positive yesterday.

She is now in trouble at work because she said she got her positive on a lateral flow yesterday evening because she shouldn't have been working after going for a pcr when she had symptoms. She has to go for a PCR and she can't book another because she had one 2 days ago. She also can't remove the date from her positive pcr test results because the date is in the middle of all her info so work would be able to see it has been removed.

So for the last week she has had Covid. Yesterday, someone phoned in sick with symptoms, also double vaccinated, and they were with her all day last Friday and Monday so thanks to colleague being utterly selfish, she has potentially spread it.

However, it's ok in her eyes as she is double vaccinated and therefore 50% less likely to spread it and therefore she is more socially responsible than anyone who hasn't been accounted.

She's also put in our work chat that at least she doesnt have to have the booster because she now has immunity through having covid as well as being double vaccinated.

Basically, I wish double vaccinated would stop going on as though they have "done their bit" and now no longer need to do anything. Her double vaccines were at the beginning of the year so the its probable ber immunity has worn off, hence being called for her booster, however she is refusing the booster now so do I get to scorn at her for being an anti vaxxer?!

She is one of many I see over social media who is refusing the booster too so she isnt isolated in her contradictory opinion.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
The vaccines clearly aren’t keeping restrictions away though so who are you to say “won’t take a jab” , masks aren’t compulsory anymore so saying “won’t wear a mask” is pathetic.

The reason this is still going on is two things
1. Tolerance
2. Compliance

When people tolerate being treated like tit and told it’s a luxury to eat dinner at their family’s house or go out for a meal then more measures will be enforced, when people comply with those measures it won’t stop, the only way this will ever end or stop is if people stop tolerating it, stop complying with it and demand more.

Our grandfathers fought for our freedoms in the war, we don’t need to fight for our freedoms over a coronavirus infection.
My point is what right would someone have to complain as moan about any restrictions being brought back if they haven't done a thing to stop them coming back?

It's different to someone complaining or moaning about restrictions being brought back who has been jabbed, regularly test themselves and still wear a mask in crowded settings.

Reactions: 1
My point is what right would someone have to complain as moan about any restrictions being brought back if they haven't done a thing to stop them coming back?

It's different to someone complaining or moaning about restrictions being brought back who has been jabbed, regularly test themselves and still wear a mask in crowded settings.
I have the right because I believe most of this is absolute BS and never throughout history has anyone got their freedoms back after voluntary giving them away.

Reactions: 14
Cracks me up when people say they’ve “done their bit”. And often in the same sentence as how they won’t have boosters because they’ve done enough already. You do realise these vaccines don’t last forever? Hell they barely even last a year if their data is anything to go by. Another year and you’ll be just the same as us filthy unvaxxed, nor will anyone respect you because of what you did previously. In the eyes of the law you will be just as distasteful as the rest of us. Well except of course for your superiority complex.

• Haha
Cracks me up when people say they’ve “done their bit”. And often in the same sentence as how they won’t have boosters because they’ve done enough already. You do realise these vaccines don’t last forever? Hell they barely even last a year if their data is anything to go by. Another year and you’ll be just the same as us filthy unvaxxed, nor will anyone respect you because of what you did previously. In the eyes of the law you will be just as distasteful as the rest of us. Well except of course for your superiority complex.
I have someone at work who had really quite horrific reactions to both jabs to the point she's still poorly (underlying health) and she's worried about the booster but is still seeking (or trying to seek) medical advice about the 3rd. Most of us are doing it I.e having the 3 but masks genuinely made me feel sick. I've left a job in the past in a medical setting as masks made me feel dizzy/faint etc. I get I'm a minority - I still wore them but it affected my life going out so I'm afraid I won't be wearing one again. If I got covid after 3 jabs + natural immunity only 8 weeks ago then it's part of learning to live with now. I won't let covid put me back on antidepressants when I've spent so long working on myself etc to get off them 🙃

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I genuinely only know 2 people in real life who had the vaccines to protect themselves and their two extremely vulnerable children.

Everyone else,including family, had had them so they can go to pubs, shops, concerts and go abroad on holiday.

The media and the Government started off pushing the vaccine to save others, then to save the NHS, then to protect yourself and now it's going for to keep your freedom.

I'm surprised that people aren't more up in arms about this.

I haven’t had my booster yet because I feel so conflicted, but then again I’ve never thought any less of someone who has decided that the vaccine wasn’t for them. I don’t have the energy to even think about the booster. I’ve got some real covid fatigue. I’m just enjoying life. Working my hours at work and going home and enjoying life with my husband and our little girl. I’m done with the constant pleas from people for measures, lockdowns etc. A once in a lifetime event has been pulled out as a monopoly card that they wanna throw out every few months. No thank you.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.