Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #105

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There will be so little compliance to any restrictions on our movement and free will. Life is for living.
It will be ramped up tonight to ensure compliance

Press conference bingo words...
restrictions, vaccine, booster, overwhelmed, masks, lockdown, World beating, hospital, large crowds, schools, regrettably

I'd say take a drink when you hear then, but we'd all be paralytic in 3 minutes 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
There will be so little compliance to any restrictions on our movement and free will. Life is for living.
After all the press about who broke lockdown rules etc, i cant see many listening this time round. Im fine with masks in shops again but nothing else

Reactions: 3
After all the press about who broke lockdown rules etc, i cant see many listening this time round. Im fine with masks in shops again but nothing else
After living with someone who was Ill with Covid, not just tested positive, and not catching it myself, I don’t see how wearing masks in shops make any difference.
Brushing past someone in the milk aisle is not going to expose you to a virus.

Reactions: 7
Sajid Javid is out tonight giving a press conference.

Here we go again!!
Hard to see the same levels of lockdown happening again with no furlough.

I'm guessing masks for England again (we still have them here in NI).

Reactions: 1
Brushing past someone in the milk aisle is not going to expose you to a virus.
This reminding me of Punt And Dennis so I started typing a search query and got as far as 'Punt and De' when it correctly anticipated the intended search terms, complete with 'milky milky' 😆

• Haha
It will be get your boosters or else…
I’m not really clued up on boosters. Does everyone have to have them or is it just people who would have a flu jab?

I only had my second jab end of August so wouldn’t be due one for ages anyway, but I guess the messaging of ‘get your boosters or else’ does actually make sense, if immunity wanes within so many months and people don’t get boosters then the hospitalisation will inevitably rise again and that’s when we would need another lockdown.

Weird that some people seem to be crying out for another lockdown, I used to sympathise a bit but now I’m kinda just like 🤷🏻‍♀️ Get a life Jane.

Reactions: 5
I’m not really clued up on boosters. Does everyone have to have them or is it just people who would have a flu jab?

I only had my second jab end of August so wouldn’t be due one for ages anyway, but I guess the messaging of ‘get your boosters or else’ does actually make sense, if immunity wanes within so many months and people don’t get boosters then the hospitalisation will inevitably rise again and that’s when we would need another lockdown.

Weird that some people seem to be crying out for another lockdown, I used to sympathise a bit but now I’m kinda just like 🤷🏻‍♀️ Get a life Jane.
I think (but I may be wrong) that boosters are only for the vulnerable or those that would normally get offered a free flu jab. Like you said most younger people have only just had their 2nd jab anyway so wouldn’t be due a booster until early 2022 🤷‍♀️

This reminding me of Punt And Dennis so I started typing a search query and got as far as 'Punt and De' when it correctly anticipated the intended search terms, complete with 'milky milky' 😆
Excellent 😂I rarely meet anyone who remembers Mary Whitehouse Experience, or them!

It will be get your boosters or else…
I completely agree, I think it will be the lead up to covid passes if people don't agree.
I also think he'll concentrate on schools and pressurise parents to consent to their jabs or schools will close - when in fact that would probably happen regardless

I think (but I may be wrong) that boosters are only for the vulnerable or those that would normally get offered a free flu jab. Like you said most younger people have only just had their 2nd jab anyway so wouldn’t be due a booster until early 2022 🤷‍♀️
The booster is for -

Booster vaccine doses will be available on the NHS for people most at risk from COVID-19 who have had a 2nd dose of a vaccine at least 6 months ago.

This includes:

• people aged 50 and over
  • people who live and work in care homes
  • frontline health and social care workers
  • people aged 16 and over with a health condition that puts them at high risk of getting seriously ill from COVID-19
  • people aged 16 and over who are a main carer for someone at high risk from COVID-19
  • people aged 16 and over who live with someone who is more likely to get infections (such as someone who has HIV, has had a transplant or is having certain treatments for cancer, lupus or rheumatoid arthritis)
People who are pregnant and in 1 of the eligible groups can also get a booster dose.

I again wouldn't be following LD rules this time - it was not good for my mental state one bit especially living alone. I'd be surprised how many people would actually listen.

This whole thing has been a media led pandemic. They can't scaremonger the panic buying at the moment so they've switched back to covid drama instead 😀.

The news said people who've lost someone to covid will follow the rules.....well I have and I've done all the necessary vaccines etc too so yeah no more for me now lol
There are people who sadly lost loved ones to covid after locking them away to protect them and regret they spent their final time alone.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Can I just please request to anyone saying they won’t follow measures if they are in place again - while i wholeheartedly agree PLEASE for the love of god don’t take it out on us retail/hospitality etc staff when we *have* to ask you to comply. We got so much tit the first time round and it isn’t our fault - we will literally lose our jobs if we don’t. Can’t bare the thought of this all again.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.