Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #105

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Continue here….

Since the last thread covid is still here and ain’t going anywhere!

*usual disclaimer to keep respectful of everyone’s views even if you don’t agree with them 😬😬*

last thread

Reactions: 5
We'll get to thread 1,000 and it will still be here and we'll be having the same conversations about vaccines, masks and social distancing.

Reactions: 19
Nearly 45k new cases today!!!! Who is testing positive? Yesterday I was told it was the kids, but I believe it's also a mixture of holiday makers returning from foreign climes, as well as all the asylum seekers drifting into our shores. Is anyone else starting to feel niggly about the situation?

• Sick
Reactions: 1
Nearly 45k new cases today!!!! Who is testing positive? Yesterday I was told it was the kids, but I believe it's also a mixture of holiday makers returning from foreign climes, as well as all the asylum seekers drifting into our shores. Is anyone else starting to feel niggly about the situation?
I just feel no real progress has been made since it started.

It still bothers me how many people I am coming across who are fully vaccinated and have contact regarding their boosters and are refusing them because they caught covid while vaccinated and felt fine.

Cases are definitely more around where I am but aren't being accompanied with any precaution (masks, handwashing, social distancing etc)

Our Manager who was firing people for not following guidelines is now not letting people go for covid tests with symptoms and giving people written warnings etc for being off sick. They have been double vaccinated, refused the booster and have had 2 weeks in Spain, home for 2 weeks and is off to Greece today for two weeks.

My Mom is slipping back into a decline with her health, whether she makes it to the end of the year or not, who knows.

I'l don't think they will do another lockdown because furlough has now stopped so it would mean locking people down with no income who them couldn't buy food or pay Bill's or rent or mortgages etc I'm fairly sure they dont want that....

Just seems everyone is blaming the kids and schools again, yet aren't the highest cases coming from those who are double vaccinated?

Reactions: 5
Blaming asylum seekers is stupid they will barely contribute to the cases.

COVID is already here, it's not people bringing it in from abroad any more unless it's a new variant.

Reactions: 16
I just feel no real progress has been made since it started.

It still bothers me how many people I am coming across who are fully vaccinated and have contact regarding their boosters and are refusing them because they caught covid while vaccinated and felt fine.

Cases are definitely more around where I am but aren't being accompanied with any precaution (masks, handwashing, social distancing etc)

Our Manager who was firing people for not following guidelines is now not letting people go for covid tests with symptoms and giving people written warnings etc for being off sick. They have been double vaccinated, refused the booster and have had 2 weeks in Spain, home for 2 weeks and is off to Greece today for two weeks.

My Mom is slipping back into a decline with her health, whether she makes it to the end of the year or not, who knows.

I'l don't think they will do another lockdown because furlough has now stopped so it would mean locking people down with no income who them couldn't buy food or pay Bill's or rent or mortgages etc I'm fairly sure they dont want that....

Just seems everyone is blaming the kids and schools again, yet aren't the highest cases coming from those who are double vaccinated?
A lot of progress has been made since it started. We know things about the virus that we did not know at the start, vaccinations are helping to reduce the severity of the virus and death. Other factors alongside this would help - such as social distancing and masks. All restrictions were removed in July, travel resumed and children returned back to school 6 weeks ago - probably why we are seeing a rise.

I have not seen anything to say the highest cases are coming from those who are doubly vaccinated…

Reactions: 7
It doesn’t matter if cases are rising as long as people aren’t in hospital.

Reactions: 17
Found out a friend of a friend who has covid is breaking isolation rules to carry on his dog walking buisness!

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 6
ROI now have their highest cases since January and everyone’s getting the blame bar the virus 🦠 they’re now looking to give all over 60s and healthcare workers another booster dose as immunity is waning

Third vaccination today. I was given lots of information on signs of endocarditis and told to go to A&E if I displayed any symptoms.

I also did an antibody test yesterday which will be interesting. As far as I’m aware I have not had Covid. I do twice weekly LFT for work and did a PCR a few weeks ago when I had that awful cold (I had a cough and lost sense of taste but tested negative). Guessing the antibody tests show antibodies from the vaccine?

Third vaccination today. I was given lots of information on signs of endocarditis and told to go to A&E if I displayed any symptoms.

I also did an antibody test yesterday which will be interesting. As far as I’m aware I have not had Covid. I do twice weekly LFT for work and did a PCR a few weeks ago when I had that awful cold (I had a cough and lost sense of taste but tested negative). Guessing the antibody tests show antibodies from the vaccine?
When I last did an antibody test it said it doesn’t pick up antibodies from the vaccine. I’d had two doses then and it came back negative. I’d be interested to hear if they now pick up antibodies after a vaccine, I never understood why they couldn’t!

When I last did an antibody test it said it doesn’t pick up antibodies from the vaccine. I’d had two doses then and it came back negative. I’d be interested to hear if they now pick up antibodies after a vaccine, I never understood why they couldn’t!
Yes they do they can analyse and split antibodies into vaccine or natural ones.

If you have a free one from the government your result will just say you have “antibodies” I’m not sure if they actually analyse it behind the scenes though

Yes they do they can analyse and split antibodies into vaccine or natural ones.

If you have a free one from the government your result will just say you have “antibodies” I’m not sure if they actually analyse it behind the scenes though
Just looked it up and yes looks like the tests have improved now. Have filled in the form to try another out of curiosity. I think I last did one in April and they definitely said they wouldn’t detect anything from vaccine then.

Is it 400,000 people affected by the false neg 😬 if any of them developed long covid they’d have a long wait to prove they ever had the disease, they’d be completely dismissed as having another condition or put down to stress

Taking my son for a PCR tonight. Track and trace contacted us as his best friend has not long tested positive. They've said he doesn't need to isolate but needs a PCR but can still go to school while waiting for the results 🤷‍♀️

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
Taking my son for a PCR tonight. Track and trace contacted us as his best friend has not long tested positive. They've said he doesn't need to isolate but needs a PCR but can still go to school while waiting for the results 🤷‍♀️
Nothing, absolutely nothing about any of this, makes sense.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.