Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #105

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My smell has never been great really, my nose always feels blocked but not snotty if that makes sense but I'm starting to smell some foods but they smell like sick and calpol šŸ˜­ maybe I might finally loose some weight šŸ¤£
I can smell I think itā€™s ammonia . Like when you are leaning over the sink having your foils removed when you have had hi lights at the hairdressers. As my two tests were negative I didnā€™t think I had it and didnā€™t give it another thought but this loss of smell is a symptom I guess.

Reactions: 1
Iā€™m in Wales and I just spoke to my husband about the new self-isolation rules and weā€™ve both made the decision to not test. If we donā€™t test, the other doesnā€™t have to isolate. We will also not be complying with any restrictions they bring back. This for us, ends now.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 19
Iā€™m in Wales and I just spoke to my husband about the new self-isolation rules and weā€™ve both made the decision to not test. If we donā€™t test, the other doesnā€™t have to isolate. We will also not be complying with any restrictions they bring back. This for us, ends now.
For schools though this is actually sensible šŸ˜‚ itā€™s spreading like wildlife because siblings are spreading it round schools (most of them probably asymptomatically!).

Whilst I donā€™t want to isolate either, if I have one school child isolated itā€™s easier to have the other one at home rather than the logistics of trying to get the other one there etc, but the rules are you are penalised for ā€œabsenceā€.

Reactions: 4
Wales has surely got enough secure castles where the current government could be incarcerated for everyone elses safety, comfort and convenience.

:ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
What are the new rules I missed that!

But if you don't test and you don't self-isolate you could potentially carry the virus and infect other people. Does this not worry you?

Reactions: 2
But if you don't test and you don't self-isolate you could potentially carry the virus and infect other people. Does this not worry you?
At some point we will all just have to come to terms with the fact that covid, like any other seasonal virus, is just going to be something with us forever. We canā€™t live our lives constantly testing, checking and isolating. We have never done this for the flu or other illnesses.

Reactions: 17
Good for you. This whole farce ends when we say it does.

• Sick
Reactions: 14
At some point we will all just have to come to terms with the fact that covid, like any other seasonal virus, is just going to be something with us forever. We canā€™t live our lives constantly testing, checking and isolating. We have never done this for the flu or other illnesses.
I'm sure that free asymptomatic testing is only continuing due to some mucky government contract. The reason they've changed the travel test to one is probably because they need someone to sell them too.

Let's not forget that your Ā£20 travel test or proof of negative for a COVID pass will give you a guaranteed negative if you perform the test in a certain manner.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Same applies to HIV etc. We also need to live with it and can use condoms and test for it.

The flu (also a Coronavirus) is less deadly and has been around for much, much longer and there is greater immunity and available treatments.

This Coronavirus has only been around for two years or so. Not a very long time. When more people are immune or there is more treatment we will no longer need to be so careful.

I live in England but honestly every time Drakeford pops up with some ridiculous statement (which he often does), I fail to understand why he is allowed to be in a position of power. Heā€™s such a wet wipe and seems to actually want to incite panic at any given opportunity.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
I live in England but honestly every time Drakeford pops up with some ridiculous statement (which he often does), I fail to understand why he is allowed to be in a position of power. Heā€™s such a wet wipe and seems to actually want to incite panic at any given opportunity.
Haha he really is the wettest wipe šŸ˜‚ Iā€™m not Welsh and I actually wish I didnā€™t live here because of that man. Luckily most of my family and friends are over the river so I can seek refuge in my ā€œhome countryā€ when Drakeford starts going on his little power hungry rampages šŸ˜‚

People could be carrying viruses that we don't test for and spreading it to others. That's life . It's what viruses have evolved to do .

Every time in our lifetime that each of us has caught a virus , we have caught it of someone else. This guilt tripping is not healthy.

Reactions: 17
Real life game of red light green light covid passes turned off and people tested multiple times until infections are clear

People could be carrying viruses that we don't test for and spreading it to others. That's life . It's what viruses have evolved to do .

Every time in our lifetime that each of us has caught a virus , we have caught it of someone else. This guilt tripping is not healthy.
This is a global pandemic. If we know there are preventative measures why would we not use them? This applies to the common cold and flu. This is not about guilt tripping, but it is about trying to reduce transmission and spread. If not one person tested or followed any measures, we would be in a very different situation.

But this is a known virus that we can test for and so transmissions can be prevented.

If your partner had HIV or syphilis and gave it to you - would you also say "that's life"?

Every hygienic measure - washing hands after toilet use, doctors and surgeons using masks and gloves etc - aims to prevent transmission from illness.
Would you say that all of this is unnecessary?

This is a global pandemic. If we know there are preventative measures why would we not use them? This applies to the common cold and flu. This is not about guilt tripping, but it is about trying to reduce transmission and spread. If not one person tested or followed any measures, we would be in a very different situation.
Yes, this is how I feel.

If everyone would disregard all safety measures all hospitals would have run out of equipment fast, a significant number of vulnerable people would have died and many more people would be suffering from long term consequences.

Reactions: 5
I can't watch him without this song playing in my head.

Now the vaccines have given an excellent baseline of immunity to most then it makes more sense for us all to be maintaining that immunity through constant exposure to the virus.

It does not make sense to have overzealous NPIs to stop a glorified flu when we lose immunity to other infections as a consequence.

That is blindingly obvious.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.