Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

jackolantern

VIP Member
How anyone can still think this isn’t about something far more sinister, when proof that you DONT HAVE COVID isn’t accepted and is less valuable than proof you’ve had a jab and could still be carrying the virus, is absolutely beside me.

One day, when you’ve forced us all into submission and non surprisingly, COVID still hasnt gone anywhere, who will you blame then? Variant #756?

• Heart
Reactions: 17

EmilyChambers

VIP Member
I sometimes come on this thread/social media and think we’d all be better off if there was a nice little virus that wiped us all out.

humanity is fucked, humans have lots the ability to be… human.

I’m not gonna bother saying anything more but the judgemental, aggressive, nasty bullshit I sometimes read.
Bat and basil soup for all.
Covid has just shown peoples true colours.

Mainly that all people are utter cunts and selfish twats.

The absolute arrogance, ignorance and lack of empathy and understanding on these threads is ridiculous, alongside people are literally wanking themselves silly over the thought of a two tier society so they get more opportunities to crow over how superior they are.

I can't imagine labelling everyone an anti vaxxer without listening to why they haven't been vaccinated because as far as they are concerned, There is no reason good enough and even when I was forced to give my reasons, they told me I cant argue with science while simultaneously telling me that the advice I was given was wrong (advice given gp and Consultant)

• Heart

Notgonnalie

VIP Member
You've a right to moan because you've done your bit with the jabs. It's annoying when people who won't wear a mask, won't take a jab, basically won't do a thing to try and keep cases down then have the nerve to moan when restrictions come back.
The vaccines clearly aren’t keeping restrictions away though so who are you to say “won’t take a jab” , masks aren’t compulsory anymore so saying “won’t wear a mask” is pathetic.

The reason this is still going on is two things
1. Tolerance
2. Compliance

When people tolerate being treated like shit and told it’s a luxury to eat dinner at their family’s house or go out for a meal then more measures will be enforced, when people comply with those measures it won’t stop, the only way this will ever end or stop is if people stop tolerating it, stop complying with it and demand more.

Our grandfathers fought for our freedoms in the war, we don’t need to fight for our freedoms over a coronavirus infection.

hollowcrown

Chatty Member
Nearly 45k new cases today!!!! Who is testing positive? Yesterday I was told it was the kids, but I believe it's also a mixture of holiday makers returning from foreign climes, as well as all the asylum seekers drifting into our shores. Is anyone else starting to feel niggly about the situation?
Blaming asylum seekers is stupid they will barely contribute to the cases.

COVID is already here, it's not people bringing it in from abroad any more unless it's a new variant.

Reactions: 16

ATV2021

VIP Member
Does anyone get a feeling of deja a vu, cases are rising, nothing being done?
If they weren't being rammed down our throats then nobody would care. They've been barely reported for months. We can't keep going lockdown/restrictions/freedom ohhh lockdown forever. It has to be lived with like everything else

Reactions: 15

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
God I miss lockdown,

hardly any traffic,
quite supermarkets because people were so scared they wouldn’t even touch the strawberry sensation limited edition pop tarts without gloves and bleach, even when they were on a BOGOF. 😐
nobody talked to you because you might have the virus, therefore you didn’t have to be friendly,
You didn’t have to come up with original and believable excuses when avoiding family,
everyone looks better in a mask, and talks less 😐

We had it so good, we didn’t know we were born 😐

• Haha
  • Heart

Tublet83

VIP Member
The reason will always be to protect the NHS. That's not our job, we pay for it so it should be protected better by the people we also pay. We can't being punished because they can't bail it out after investing in it so badly
100% this. Boris and co are meant to manage and protect the NHS. Why do we get the blame for their continued incompetence?

Trixiebum

No, but I am less likely to cause an accident.

The vaccine is a precautionary measure.
Like being sober when driving (accidents), using a condom when having a one-night-stand (to prevent HIV), using safety belts, looking at the traffic light, etc etc

Why are these measures in place? Accidents could still happen and condoms can break - but it is a lot less likely.

I don't understand why this is so absurd.

If I now were to get the Coronavirus, I would most likely be able to isolate at home until I am fine. It is a lot less likely that I will have to go to hospital - and a lot less likely that I will infect the staff OR catch it from the staff.

Am I missing something here? Isn't this the whole point of the vaccines?
As a community healthcare worker I do not judge a patient on whether they choose to be vaccinated or not. You still get a home visit if you need. All patients get asked the same screening questions on the day of their visit regardless of vaccine status (do they have symptoms, have they been in contact with a positive case, etc) so I know whether to go ahead with the visit. As a healthcare worker do not judge someone for their lifestyle choices. The Mentally Capacity Act states that a person can make an ‘unwise decision’ as long as they have the ability to weigh up the pros and cons. L

I believe in choice. No-one should be made to feel they have to have a vaccine. No-one should be forced to have a vaccine. I’ve had double-vaccinated friends and colleagues test positive for Covid and I know people who have been hospitalised despite having two jabs (some have tested positive twice, months apart). I think there are no guarantees either way with this virus. People have such different experiences - some are asymptomatic while others are hospitalised (regardless of vaccine status).

• Heart

jackolantern

VIP Member
The narrative of “I’m super sick with Covid but vaxxed and so relieved because I know it would have been much worse” is bollocks sorry. You have no proof that it would have been any worse. We could only know that if we redid the past year and no one got vaccinated, then compared the data. It’s a tug at the heart strings narrative with no way of proving it either way. Very effective compliance mechanism.

Reactions: 14

Purrrrrrr

VIP Member
I'm just trying to get my head around, if you are unvaccinated and test positive you have to isolate for 10 days, but if you are double jabbed and test positive you can carry on as normal, so why are the unjabbed getting the blame because cases are rising? 🙃🤡
That's how BS propaganda works. Those who want to believe it's us dirty un-vaxed spreading it, will do so regardless of how stupid it is and they don't care that it doesn't make sense.

Cupcakemum

VIP Member
There will be so little compliance to any restrictions on our movement and free will. Life is for living.
It will be ramped up tonight to ensure compliance

Press conference bingo words...
restrictions, vaccine, booster, overwhelmed, masks, lockdown, World beating, hospital, large crowds, schools, regrettably

I'd say take a drink when you hear then, but we'd all be paralytic in 3 minutes 😂

• Haha

SarahGard83

VIP Member
So my travel and ticket company called to say that my Steps tickets for this evening will be sent via a mobile phone link as no paper tickets due to covid but that I still need to show my paper covid pass to gain entry to the arena. Please make this make sense 🤣

• Haha

Winners_Song

VIP Member
I don’t really understand the reassurance people are getting from the “Covid pass” on the app anyway - all it does is indicate that you have been jabbed, not that you can't catch and transmit the virus! I was at a huge music event this past weekend and was able to produce my pass as I have been double vaccinated, but I now know that unfortunately I will have been infected at this time, but not yet showing symptoms (confirmed by PCR test taken on Monday morning). So - yes, the blame is conveniently going back on to the unvaccinated and ignoring this very real occurrence. Most people I know have had the virus since receiving both vaccinations....and on and on it goes with the call for boosters now.

jackolantern

VIP Member
I work in retail, 90% of people don’t wear masks correctly, if not more. I highly doubt this is exclusive to the Lake District. And if the masks worked - medical professionals wouldn’t need surgical grade masks with filters. If you can breathe out, the mask isn’t stopping shit coming in. If the masks worked, cases wouldn’t have been consistent throughout the entire pandemic. It’s a placebo to make people feel comfortable to go out.

If you want to believe Denise from up the roads homemade dog print curtain muzzle is doing something for us all, crack on.

• Haha

ordinaryjelly

VIP Member
I’m in Wales and I just spoke to my husband about the new self-isolation rules and we’ve both made the decision to not test. If we don’t test, the other doesn’t have to isolate. We will also not be complying with any restrictions they bring back. This for us, ends now.
Good for you. This whole farce ends when we say it does.

• Sick

ordinaryjelly

VIP Member
The unvaccinated are quite rage-filled aren’t they? Any science on that?
I'm not especially ragey, but it is tiresome having to defend your every move at every turn to people whose business it is not, and to then be told you are wrong, about to kill granny, selfish etc.. I think it is only natural for people's patience to wear thin.

EmilyChambers

VIP Member
Haha! Hope wee Robin gets a nice boost for his retirement fund

Back to putting pressure on the elderly and vulnerable

This one is even more interesting 🤨
So the pressure has moved from children being super spreaders, back to the elderly and vulnerable to get their boosters to prevent a winter lockdown. Nice.

They just love to apply blame at everyone's door and to try and divide people any way they can