Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Web30

VIP Member
Which the vast majority will ignore. No way will people have for example another Christmas period not being able to visit the homes of friends and family. We are in a good place because even though infections are up again, hospital numbers have shrunk.

I already plan to ignore it. Not having another christmas lost!

• Heart
Reactions: 9

Notgonnalie

VIP Member
Firstly, that doesn't make him an anti vaxxer, he was using his right to choose what he wanted to do, unfortunately it didn't pay off for him, but that was his choice.

Secondly, I've given palliative care many times, and I'm sorry, but I don't believe for one minute that his last words were "I wish I had".
Thats sensationalism at it's best, and it completely out of order for that to be quoted. Not one person here could ever say that them, or their loved ones would be thinking to utter those words before being put into an induced coma
Totally agree. Worked in a hospice for years and I would burn my own body alive before I’d believe that sensationalist bullshit. May he rest in peace.

Kaylarina

The article today in the daily Mail about teenagers getting myocarditis isn’t very reassuring. I don’t think children should given it even people in their early twenties. There has never been a vaccine as dangerous as this there really hasn’t been. Also I am sick of so much misinformation being online you don’t know what is the truth and what isn’t anymore. I read somewhere that a group of NHS doctors have been trying to get out that the Pfizer vaccine is poison and that there have been loads of incidents of death and illness from them and that’s why they no longer ask are you vaccinated at A and E. I have also read that it will effect our immunity against other virus now. The media is so toxic but this vaccine seems to be really dangerous.
I haven't read the Daily Mail article however I read a NewScientist summary last week and whilst there is a slight increase in the risks of myocarditis preliminary studies have shown that there is a 6x higher risk of getting myocarditis from the Covid infection than there is from the vaccine. Again I could be wrong but I don't believe there have been any contributing deaths in young people due to myocarditis from the vaccine and most cases have only been mild and recover within a few months.

I personally haven't witnessed any deaths from the vaccine (granted, I am no longer working on Covid wards and each patient I see is pre-screened for Covid) but even with the risk of myocarditis, I would still say that the vaccine benefits outweigh any potential side effects that may occur. I think it is easy to pigeonhole that the vaccine is a risk, but you can get myocarditis from so many other things, including the flu/flu vaccine so to me its worth it, but I do understand that people have to make the best decision for themselves.

Sorry, might be talking jibberish, coming off an on call night.

Cupcakemum

VIP Member
I see old Piers is taking a leaf out of the Govs book and accepting backhanders 😀
He's a cock, but tbf taking a backhander is no different to GPs getting paid by the government to administer the vaccines, or in fact pushing any other kind of drugs on us thanks to bribes from pharmaceutical companies 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 8

JoeBloggs

VIP Member
I don’t have the app so I don’t know how that works/has worked. Just in general though if someone’s isolating and decides to just come out of isolation I think that’s irresponsible and careless.
How is that any different? Had you had the app you may have been pinged, but because you don't have it you don't know, so why if someone can come out of their isolation under those terms is it irresponsible and careless? They could have deleted the app and been none the wiser, but health wise they are still the same.

Marj24

VIP Member

More pressure on those not vaccinated. Chances are you may never go abroad again if you don't have your two jabs. Countries simply won't risk you bringing something in to the country.
It should be a right for those who do not want to be vaccinated to have their choices respected. International travel however is not a right, if the choices you have made deny it, so be it.

• Angry

Cupcakemum

VIP Member
Anyone else think this story about "fit healthy man" dying of covid is disingenuous?

Terrible for his family and my heart goes out to them. But lots of "fit" bodybuilders have died of covid and often their inside aren't in that good of a shape with all the substances they've taken. (Like Sean Pratt). You can see in the hospital photo he's had cosmetic surgery around his nipples - often bodybuilders have this due to steroid abuse. I think it's a stupid scare storie cause just because someone is muscular does not mean they are the pinical of health!

Personally I think its cherry picking.

What of the people now with comorbitities? The elderly? The obese? We never hear of them, but that doesn't sell the story or scare does it. What appears to be a very healthy younger person does though....

Notgonnalie

VIP Member
A lot of people seem to be getting generally ill at the moment. I think it's an effect of opening up and other things spreading around. The other viruses want their turn too. The annoying thing is that any slight illness at the moment still causes panic, especially in offices.
This is very true. I’ve seen hospital doctors put out statements that other viruses are circulating and they’re more severe than what they usually are because our bodies haven’t had the opportunity to be exposed to germs, bacteria and viruses the same as what we normally would so people are feeling the effects more than they usually would too. I think that’s why it’s important that we don’t lockdown again we need to ensure we have immune systems that are used to germ exposure it’s not healthy to live in a clinically sterile environment.

SnowFairy88

I tested positive for Covid a couple of weeks ago (unvaccinated) I’m in my 30s bit overweight but nothing crazy! Was the worst illness of my life and at times I thought I was going to die but I didn’t even go into hospital and now I’m fine. It’s so bloody weird

• Sad
  • Heart

Notgonnalie

VIP Member
It makes me so angry that everyone is now saying “we’ll the double jabbed who have died had underlying health conditions”. This was never suppose to happen we were told that it would protect the vulnerable. The vaccine doesn’t seem to be working as well as they though it would look at Israel.
It’s just factual though. It’s incredibly sad these lives have been lost, unfortunately their underlying ill health met with a very aggressive virus wasn’t a good outcome for them. I think it shows what a lot of us have been saying over the past lot of months in that vaccines aren’t the only tool to fighting this virus, we need all health measures equally promoted as they are all important at playing a role. That being said we have to learn to live with it, we will never keep everyone alive forever as sad as that is. We have to all be responsible for our own health and build our bodies up to fight disease as best we can, for people with underlying ill health the best we can do is give them all the tools so they’re best armed. Perhaps offering these people boosters instead of coercing and bribing people who don’t want them to take them when they’re in a better position to fight the virus.

Doctor_Wibble

VIP Member
Is the lack of isolation for those vaccinated/kids still happening on the 16th?

If you have to isolate this week then would it end on the 16th?
Good question, I was wondering the same.
I became yet another casualty of the pingpocalypse yesterday and my self isolation is due to end on the 18th - though as it's technically only advisory I thinnk I could manage to summon the spirit of rebellion and break it two days early, on tiptoe and with a mere string quartet instead of a fanfare.

• Haha
  • Wow

Moth

VIP Member
They are there because the BBC push propaganda. People are paying for the privilege of being lied to. Hopefully, it will go under soon, as more and more are switching the beeb off and buying other media
They are there because they are morons. The BBC hasn't been at White City studios since 2013.

• Haha
  • Heart

Abcd123

VIP Member
Best to my knowledge the hospital that had closed temporarily last year is now open again.

We're just back from Cornwall and yes it's super busy, but we spoke to a few people working at the hotspots like Eden Project, Tintagle ect and they said that whilst they're busy, tourism is down where holiday makers from abroad aren't visiting.
They were saying that usually there are coach loads being dropped daily, but thats not obviously been happening this year.
Interestingly the local news was saying how its far busier than normal and how businesses can't cope, but there are job adverts everywhere and the locals weren't quite agreeing with the news.

Case numbers are going down weekly overall if you look at the government dashboard, and are lower than the national average.

What I will say is that nowhere we went is promoting masks, or social distancing, which didn't bother us.
You do have to book ahead to go places, but they're still packed.. so I assume they're doing it for T&T rather than limiting people.

We've been back almost a week, and based on our experience if none of us test positive then its a miracle.. or not as contagious as you'd think. Which based on mine and my husbands jobs and not having tested positive all this time, is maybe a more logical reason
Are restaurants still practicing SD? Were going next week and only want beach and restaurants on an evening - which I've booked. Thanks

but that vaccine won’t stop you getting sick, or passing on a virus, but still, you need it,
oh also you probably need 3. But let’s move on.......
But the vaccine DOES stop you getting severely sick. It DOES reduce transmission and we ALWAYS KNEW we'd need boosters.... When did this turn into the anti vax/conspiracy thread?!?!

Superdude

Around 90% have had at least one dose, is what I said!

Maybe your snide remark would carry some weight if it actually proved me wrong, but it does not. There is a disproportionate percentage of unvaccinated people in hospital compared to the percentage of unvaccinated adults.
The figures are conclusive; being vaccinated lowers the risk of serious illness / hospitalisation considerably. Amazing how some people are unable to accept that! 🤣 Believe what you want, but don't be dumb about the consequences.

• Haha
  • Heart

typenowregretlater

NHS workers need covid boosters FIRST and we need them now

My friend is a fellow doctor 29 double vaccinated in December

We were the first to get the vaccine

She’s currently on a ventilator

Government should spend less time pandering to / encouraging anti vaxxers / reluctant people and should focus on those who WANT the vaccine

• Sad
  • Wow