Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #101

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I haven’t read the whole thread and I’m relatively new here but I would say, if you are pinged or contacted by Test and Trace please do isolate and for the entirety.

I‘ve ran too many codes and called TOD on too many people that I couldn’t stand 1 more death that can be avoided, happening.
The main thrust of the question was what happens to self-isolations still under way when it gets to the date that no new self-isolations will be required.
(and specifically for one or more questioners, being double jabbed and only two days short of their end date)

Reactions: 4
The main thrust of the question was what happens to self-isolations still under way when it gets to the date that no new self-isolations will be required.
(and specifically for one or more questioners, being double jabbed and only two days short of their end date)
In my medical opinion then, if you’re told to isolate, you continue. I’m guessing some would argue ‘But it’s only 2 days’ and my retort would if it is only 2 days then why can’t you continue to isolate? I’m double jabbed and have been for some time and despite full PPE I still managed to contract Covid.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
It's a good job people are spending more time at home from not being at work, school, college etc and spending family time on holidays. September/October has to be making Boris nervous because if these are the infections in a warm summer with places shut and people staying more away from others. Then when we head to the colder weather in Autumn and education settings are all back open and more adults are expected back to the office what's it going to look like?

• Sad
In my medical opinion then, if you’re told to isolate, you continue. I’m guessing some would argue ‘But it’s only 2 days’ and my retort would if it is only 2 days then why can’t you continue to isolate? I’m double jabbed and have been for some time and despite full PPE I still managed to contract Covid.
Thank you. It simply seemed odd to need to continue once new 'pingees' no longer have to do it.

Reactions: 1

Wonderful to break the 75% milestone.
Until the boosters come out then it’ll drop down again because the immunity will no longer be enough until it’s topped up to make it fully vaccinated again, it’ll be a never ending circle of madness.

DD22E53E-50ED-44DE-9348-0BE76906AD26.jpeg
Well this is quite an interesting statement from Professor pollard that the bbc have reported on. I agree with him. The focus does need to be on treatment. The vaccines aren’t working well against transmission of delta so goodness knows how they’ll perform against up and coming Variants. I stand with prof pollard

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I am having my vaccine tomorrow after putting it off due to undiagnosed health issues. I am really nervous to be honest but I know it is likely better than getting covid with my undiagnosed health issues. Currently waiting to get a brain MRI.

• Heart
T

Theres some very condescending people on here. In particular the same people who laughed at me who didnt even know what was in the vaccine. They spoke to me like tit then got proven wrong but are still ok to be condescending. If that was me i would be embarrassed. Some people need to get off their high horses. xx
I don't believe in sides and don't give a 💩 whether people have been vaccinated or not , just freedom to choose but I do know that there are some very lovely , thoughtful people on here and some others who just show themselves up with their attitudes who I wouldn't like to know in real life. They excuse it by saying there is conflict on "both sides" but there really isn't... what unvaccinated and undecided are angry about is what's happening re the vaccines, fake reporting and restrictions NEVER other people going about their lives vaccinated.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I don't believe in sides and don't give a 💩 whether people have been vaccinated or not , just freedom to choose but I do know that there are some very lovely , thoughtful people on here and some others who just show themselves up with their attitudes who I wouldn't like to know in real life. They excuse it by saying there is conflict on "both sides" but there really isn't... what unvaccinated and undecided are angry about is what's happening re the vaccines, fake reporting and restrictions NEVER other people going about their lives vaccinated.
It is not an excuse when there really is conflict on both sides. Neither side is angelic.

Be interesting to see what she says later. Vaccine status shouldn't come in to it because if New Zealand has zero covid you have nobody to catch it off when you're let in. It should be a PCR test before you set off and on arrival but if you've no Covid when arriving in New Zealand your vaccine status shouldn't matter.

Reactions: 2
That's really poor, and for Universities there isn't anything the government can do because they are private institutions. Your University still could have done lots of things such as offer generous extensions for assessment, check marks against previous years and adjust upwards if needed. I'm surprised there hasn't been any accommodation from your Uni on that. Ultimately it reflects badly on them if their marks drop, it will mean they have to lower their offers and eventually decreases the value of the degree (which I think is bollocks but that's what I hear being said where I am)
They did absolutely nothing and it’s strange as last year when there was really only ONE month of disruption they put a no detriment policy in place, which was completely missing this year.

I was a course rep and had a meeting with the higher ups who’s response to the omission of the policy this year was “well why do you need one when you have normal teaching again and it’s back to normal” which prompted a massive response from students outlining how paying £9,250 for online teaching, of which was a quarter of the material and engagement we got in a “normal” year was disgusting and telling us it’s fine stop moaning caused a lot of anger.

I know my university has gone from being a top 25 university to around 120 on the league table says it all and it’s shocking how they really tried to turn a blind eye to the absolute shambles teaching was this year.

• Sad
  • Wow
It is not an excuse when there really is conflict on both sides. Neither side is angelic.
It’s not sides though, why segregate people because of a single choice on a whether to accept a drug. That’s part of the problem.

We’re all in this together until we’re making a choice about whether to take a vaccine 🙄

Last edited:
  • Heart
It’s not sides though, why segregate people because of a single choice on a whether to accept a drug. That’s part of the problem.

We’re all in this together until we’re making a choice about whether to take a vaccine 🙄
When I speak about sides I mean in terms of what people believe in or their opinions, I am not using the term with the intention to segregate. Bad choice of wording perhaps but people make it clear what their views/opinions/beliefs are regarding Covid, lockdowns, pandemics, vaccines etc.

Last edited:
When I speak about sides I mean in terms of what people believe in or their opinions, I am not using the term with the intention to segregate. Bad choice of wording perhaps but people make it clear what their views/opinions/beliefs are regarding Covid, lockdowns, pandemics, vaccines etc.
I understand you don’t intend to segregate people but the thing is using language like this and fueling that fire does segregate even when unintentional. We can have differences of opinions, it’s part and parcel of life it doesn’t mean one persons view is more superior to that of another persons view and that’s how it often comes across when people share their opinions about things on these particular issues.

Life would be pretty boring if we all agreed on the same thing but the common ongoing theme is if one person believes they are better off without a vaccine they’re often stereotyped to be anti mask, anti lockdown, anti modern medicine etc. Its not right to treat people like that. I know it’s not just you personally so please don’t feel I’m blaming you - I’m really not. It’s just something I’ve observed a lot. I notice people who have declined a vaccine get shouted down and the catty “ha ha” emojis and “angry” emojis even come out to play on their posts it’s almost embarrassing at times to be part of the human race.

So yea I guess it’s not just a two way street there’s a whole realm of “sides” to the coin. Eg some people who accept a vaccine might not agree with masks, some who decline a vaccine might accept a mask, it’s not an all or nothing approach as such.

TLDR: be kind to people regardless of their choice, we don’t know their struggles.

I understand you don’t intend to segregate people but the thing is using language like this and fueling that fire does segregate even when unintentional. We can have differences of opinions, it’s part and parcel of life it doesn’t mean one persons view is more superior to that of another persons view and that’s how it often comes across when people share their opinions about things on these particular issues.

Life would be pretty boring if we all agreed on the same thing but the common ongoing theme is if one person believes they are better off without a vaccine they’re often stereotyped to be anti mask, anti lockdown, anti modern medicine etc. Its not right to treat people like that. I know it’s not just you personally so please don’t feel I’m blaming you - I’m really not. It’s just something I’ve observed a lot. I notice people who have declined a vaccine get shouted down and the catty “ha ha” emojis and “angry” emojis even come out to play on their posts it’s almost embarrassing at times to be part of the human race.

So yea I guess it’s not just a two way street there’s a whole realm of “sides” to the coin. Eg some people who accept a vaccine might not agree with masks, some who decline a vaccine might accept a mask, it’s not an all or nothing approach as such.

TLDR: be kind to people regardless of their choice, we don’t know their struggles.
I’m not taking it that you are blaming me but not quite sure what you mean by ‘you know it is not just me personally’… I have my views and opinions which I openly discuss on here (for the most part) and I don’t always agree with everything said but I’d like to think I am respectful in the way I approach a discussion or engage in conversation.

No one claims to be superior in their beliefs but when you believe in what you do or have an opinion about something, you will feel strongly about it. Equally there are laughing emojis or puke emojis being left on comments that people make regarding vaccines or masks, again I will repeat that no one is angelic. We are all different and that makes life interesting, unfortunately conversations can not always be had without there being upset. Being kind works both ways.

(That’s such a long post, sorry) 😅

• Heart
I’m not taking it that you are blaming me but not quite sure what you mean by ‘you know it is not just me personally’… I have my views and opinions which I openly discuss on here (for the most part) and I don’t always agree with everything said but I’d like to think I am respectful in the way I approach a discussion or engage in conversation.

No one claims to be superior in their beliefs but when you believe in what you do or have an opinion about something, you will feel strongly about it. Equally there are laughing emojis or puke emojis being left on comments that people make regarding vaccines or masks, again I will repeat that no one is angelic. We are all different and that makes life interesting, unfortunately conversations can not always be had without there being upset. Being kind works both ways.

(That’s such a long post, sorry) 😅
What I meant by that is I find you sometimes to be very defensive when I post if you don’t agree with what I’m saying, just my own observation!

I’m not doubting people do other emojis on other posts I was just using an example of the childishness that goes on!

I am always kind, or at least I try to be so if someone feels I’m being unkind I can only apologise.

What I meant by that is I find you sometimes to be very defensive when I post if you don’t agree with what I’m saying, just my own observation!

I’m not doubting people do other emojis on other posts I was just using an example of the childishness that goes on!

I am always kind, or at least I try to be so if someone feels I’m being unkind I can only apologise.
I also find people getting defensive but I think it comes more from them being passionate in what they believe in, just as much as I can get this way when conversing. 😅

I’d like to think we are all trying to be kind as life is hard enough as it is at the moment. I wish everyone well.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.