Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #101

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'd be surprised if there wasn't some official reasoning for it all that somehow made it completely within the rules where some identical scenario involving mere plebs would not.

That's not to say that the excuse has any merit, but that old favourite of diplomatic immunity would cover some, and if the hotel was officially designated as international waters for the duration then nothing would apply anyway.
Though I am now curious as to status of things like G7 summit locations, something for me rummage the interrwebs for on a rainy afternoon...
They didn't stay at the hotel though. The Australian Prime Minister lunched at The Jamaica Inn whist in Cornwall for the meeting

Reactions: 1
It depends on the variant too. Latest stats show that viral load of some variants is the same whether vaccinated or not so it’s not even reducing transmission for some variants so depends how you look at it.

I think from the stats it’s clear the the vaccine is only more effective id say marginally rather than signficantly I don’t believe a difference of 4% is that considerable, it seems to be more effective in vulnerable age groups which is what was suspected all along but that of course is shouted down by everyone who thinks it’s everyone else’s responsibility to take a vaccine.
Where did you get 4% from

Do you know what is actually essential?
Mental health assessments.
Dementia assessments.
Cancer treatment and any other life saving treatment and Dr's meeting to discuss that.
Education....
All of which were deemed not essential enough for people to meet, so everything was done via Teams or Zoom.

No our conference wasn't essential, we were given instruction on how to have this at local levels via zoom.

The same could have been done with the G7, they managed it at the Climate crisis meeting and Biden seemed to think that was dangerous enough to wear his mask then 🤦🏼‍♀️

Fast forward a bit and he seems to think it's safe enough to hug Macron, even though the Delta variant is flying around all over.

Come on, you can't defend that.

What's good for them and their rules is good enough for plebs using the same rules.

Eta... since we now know that vaccinated people with delta have the same viral load as unvaccinated the rules shouldn't be any different
All of those could have gone ahead, but sadly the managers decided they didn’t want to. People could have still been having all of these appointments in person. That’s not the governments fault, that’s local level frankly IMO laziness and there is no excuse. They are the ones who have failed the vulnerable.

Reactions: 4
They didn't stay at the hotel though. The Australian Prime Minister lunched at The Jamaica Inn whist in Cornwall for the meeting
I don't doubt that there will be some official and/or diplomatic reason for that being allowed, and any official limo involved in getting from A to B would be considered sovereign territory*, though I confess I have no idea if there was any red carpet involved, or if so, whose land it would be!
Rules for them not being the same as rules for us, I don't doubt it.

* not sure if automatic or needs designation, fairly sure the little flags are a requirement to declare said territory?

Where did you get 4% from
Difference between 2% and 6% = 4% of people in the same age bracket fatality rate of vaccinated vs unvaccinated. The link to the breakdown of who and what is included is further up the thread.

I think it was more, let’s sell the land. They have already sold one hospital off for a private school. So we’ve gone from 3 hospital to 2 and they want to go to 1. Within a 15 mile radius, so far no hubs have been created.
3 hospitals in a 15 mile radius that’s crazy! What size is the population in that area?!

Some schools in the US have dropped informing parents of pos cases I wonder will they do the same in UK
7D18FB86-EC9F-4B32-8B3F-C2D468207936.jpeg

• Wow
Difference between 2% and 6% = 4% of people in the same age bracket fatality rate of vaccinated vs unvaccinated. The link to the breakdown of who and what is included is further up the thread.
Thats not 4%, if 200 per 10,000 die of covid vaccinated and 600 per 10,000 die of covid when unvaccinated you basically have 3x the risk of dying if you are unvaccinated, not a 4% higher chance but a 300% higher chance.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
The stats presented on that post only show people who got covid badly enough to need emergency care. They do not reflect the effectiveness of the vaccine over the population as a whole.

As for whose responsibility it is to take the vaccine that is of course the choice but vaccination programmes are a collective effort that need as many people as possible to make it work.
Ok so if people are not needing hospital care then they are coping at home presumably?

recent reports show that the viral load of vaccinated people is the same as unvaccinated people so you could have an argument it’s pot luck whether it works or not.

Thats not 4%, if 200 per 10,000 die of covid vaccinated and 600 per 10,000 die of covid when unvaccinated you basically have 3x the risk of dying if you are unvaccinated, not a 4% higher chance but a 300% higher chance.
it is 4% difference from the stats I was talking about. Not getting into an argument about it the facts are there for people to read and the link to the data so it can’t be misconstrued

Last edited:
Just to clarify the NI situation, they actually have the lowest rate fof vaccination in the UK, even the Republic has passed them so they are actually a good example of the difference the vaccination programme is making as lowest veccination rate = highest cases currently.

Just to clarify the NI situation, they actually have the lowest rate fof vaccination in the UK, even the Republic has passed them so they are actually a good example of the difference the vaccination programme is making as lowest veccination rate = highest cases currently.
You don’t know that it’s specifically the vaccines though, could be peoples behaviour, we know that vaccinated people spread covid too. NI are behind the rest of the U.K. yes, but they are doing well with the majority of those eligible vaccinated fully or partially (84%)

BCA20AD6-FC37-41B6-82B4-F4864A61AA9F.jpeg

Lol they’ve changed the little message you get when you log a negative LFT from:
“It’s likely you were not infectious when the test was done” to “a negative test is not a guarantee, there’s still a chance you might be infectious”.
Can’t be arsed 😂

• Haha
  • Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
I don't doubt that there will be some official and/or diplomatic reason for that being allowed, and any official limo involved in getting from A to B would be considered sovereign territory*, though I confess I have no idea if there was any red carpet involved, or if so, whose land it would be!
Rules for them not being the same as rules for us, I don't doubt it.

* not sure if automatic or needs designation, fairly sure the little flags are a requirement to declare said territory?
It doesn't seem that way, it's seems more like he wanted to explore Cornwall (or its pubs anyway).
No social distancing, no masks worn, despite it being law here and him seeing the rest of the world, and especially England as some hotpot of infestation.

It doesn't matter which way you look at it, it's double standards

Attachments

3 hospitals in a 15 mile radius that’s crazy! What size is the population in that area?!
Crazy as in a lot? The hospitals cover a mix across three boroughs in the southeast/south London. Couldn’t tell you but I’d say it is highly populated. There is only one A&E.

Crazy as in a lot? The hospitals cover a mix across three boroughs in the southeast/south London. Couldn’t tell you but I’d say it is highly populated. There is only one A&E.
Yea sounds like a lot to me, I’ve grown up in the countryside our local hospital is 15-20 mile away seems bizarre to me that there would be a need for 3 hospitals in a 15 mile radius but if the population warranted it I guess it would make sense!

Yea sounds like a lot to me, I’ve grown up in the countryside our local hospital is 15-20 mile away seems bizarre to me that there would be a need for 3 hospitals in a 15 mile radius but if the population warranted it I guess it would make sense!
Yeah there is takes about 10 minutes to do 3 miles so the hospitals aren’t close at all.

I live further out now, and there certainly aren’t as many here.

Yeah there is takes about 10 minutes to do 3 miles so the hospitals aren’t close at all.

I live further out now, and there certainly aren’t as many here.
Ahh ok, that’s makes sense! Sounds like a nightmare I hate being stuck in traffic don’t know how city folk do it 😂

Ok so if people are not needing hospital care then they are coping at home presumably?

recent reports show that the viral load of vaccinated people is the same as unvaccinated people so you could have an argument it’s pot luck whether it works or not.

it is 4% difference from the stats I was talking about. Not getting into an argument about it the facts are there for people to read and the link to the data so it can’t be misconstrued
If fewer vaccinated people are needing hospital care then that would suggest the vaccines are working, and if reports are showing that this is the case even with similar viral loads as unvaccinated people then that would be additional confirmation.

The data which had been posted is not being questioned, it is the lack of context which had been given for the percentages, which might inadvertently have given rise to it appearing to demonstrate something which I am reasonably sure it did not.

Reactions: 2
If fewer vaccinated people are needing hospital care then that would suggest the vaccines are working, and if reports are showing that this is the case even with similar viral loads as unvaccinated people then that would be additional confirmation.

The data which had been posted is not being questioned, it is the lack of context which had been given for the percentages, which might inadvertently have given rise to it appearing to demonstrate something which I am reasonably sure it did not.
The link to the source was given to provide context to the data it’s up to the individual whether they skim past something or read it in whole.

Another day of cases and deaths going up. We are starring to see the result of society opening again as we have to accept deaths.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.